Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it that evolutionists are unwilling to allow for competing models, i.e., creation or even intelligent design? The hypothesis of evolution changes every year; if one theory is said to be fact, but then a year later is shown to be wrong, then how can it be fact in the first place? A true fact is something that never changes. Idiot.
Is that your argument for a magical sky wizard?

Wow you found one opinion to back up your belief in a magical sky wizard, good for you, but unfortunately as previously stated, if it's possible (and with quantum computers soon able to calculate complex problems in nanoseconds that would take conventional supercomputers billions of years to solve it's a given) then the chances of us being in the original make lotto odds look appealing.

If, but, maybe, yeah sure. You said maths back it , i am just asking for the math you stated "exists", want to see it and the peer review too. No need for ad-homs. I don't believe in any sky wizard either, we are all wizards.

Last edited:

Can people please understand the very basic difference between theoretical and experimental physics.
Just as the theory of evolution is not a theory!
Sheesh!

It is not about "believing" in science, it is about learning science and understanding the why and how behind it. If you don't want to do any serious science learning then maybe the approach I take isn't for you.

If, but, maybe, yeah sure. You said maths back it , i am just asking for the math you stated "exists", want to see it and the peer review too. No need for ad-homs. I don't believe in any sky wizard either, we are all wizards.
Already have a working quantum computer (in it's infancy) and we are only a couple of decades from simulations being indistinguishable from reality, sorry pal, it's inevitable and you believe in a fairytale on par with Santa ;)

Already have a working quantum computer (in it's infancy) and we are only a couple of decades from simulations being indistinguishable from reality, sorry pal, it's inevitable and you believe in a fairytale on par with Santa ;)
When you lay your faith at the feet of a scientific measure to wholly reveal the nature of knowledge, reality, existence and consciousness, it's hard to take your accusation seriously. It's rubbish.

When you lay your faith at the feet of a scientific measure to wholly reveal the nature of knowledge, reality, existence and consciousness, it's hard to take your accusation seriously. It's rubbish.
Shan baby let me outline your future... if you survive the Singularity (Artificial Intelligence surpassing human intelligence a million fold) and avoid lethal indifference (we regularly disinfect bacteria with no malice) your two choices will be to either shed your body and upload your consciousness to the supercloud simulation which will be indistinguishable from reality (just as our Universe is, Russian dolls my friend) or merge with the AI and become millions of times more intelligent and connected...

You see the truth is we are either going to create our own eternal heaven (the cloud/sim) or become our own GOD by merging with AI

Shan baby let me outline your future... if you survive the Singularity (Artificial Intelligence surpassing human intelligence a million fold) and avoid lethal indifference (we regularly disinfect bacteria with no malice) your two choices will be to either shed your body and upload your consciousness to the supercloud simulation which will be indistinguishable from reality (just as our Universe is, Russian dolls my friend) or merge with the AI and become millions of times more intelligent and connected...

You see the truth is we are either going to create our own eternal heaven (the cloud/sim) or become our own GOD by merging with AI
Yeah I enjoyed the Mass Effect series too.

For the record, these things are of course entirely possible. Who knows what will happen in the future. But if you think those events will absolve humanity of seeking deeper meaning and understanding of existence, I'd say you're very wrong. It would simply change the nature of enquiry from an embodied form to another.

Yeah I enjoyed the Mass Effect series too.

For the record, these things are of course entirely possible. Who knows what will happen in the future. But if you think those events will absolve humanity of seeking deeper meaning and understanding of existence, I'd say you're very wrong. It would simply change the nature of enquiry from an embodied form to another.
They are inevitable pal, from DNA's 4 letter 'CODE' to the current Holographic principle theory it's all pointing in the same direction and it aint some magical sky wizard that sends his son to be tortured by great apes with large brains

They are inevitable pal, from DNA's 4 letter 'CODE' to the current Holographic principle theory it's all pointing in the same direction and it aint some magical sky wizard that sends his son to be tortured by great apes with large brains
You seem to be completely misinterpreting the nature of my posts. I'm not talking about any sky fairies in any of this; it's more about the understanding of something more transcendental to existence than simply that which we can perceive. As a science lover your surely understand the implications of our limited perception in these bodies, right?

You seem to be completely misinterpreting the nature of my posts. I'm not talking about any sky fairies in any of this; it's more about the understanding of something more transcendental to existence than simply that which we can perceive. As a science lover your surely understand the implications of our limited perception in these bodies, right?
That transcendental impulse will have been programmed at some level (and Susskind thinks it's 2 dimensional data at the edge of the universe projected back into 3d space to form a kind of hologram) and there is no way to know if it is intrinsic to existence without becoming millions of time more intelligent by either merging with AI or enlisting it's help perhaps aided by quantum computers

I have no time for faith when we can take hold of our own destiny and solve our own problems and find our own answers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that dopey, statistical probability, we'd have to win cosmic lotto to be in the original

So where is that math showing the statistical probability? you said you have it and this proves it. As chelsea said you need to understand what experimental physics is first. Take a look at the hypothesis behind the idea of multiverses again, it got nothing to do with math.

Heres for you again

A few weeks ago, we talked about the intriguing discovery that the mysterious region of the cosmic microwave background, known as the Cold Spot, seems to defy all explanation from our standard model of cosmology.

Researchers have suggested that more exotic theories may explain its origin and that maybe a collision between universes was the cause of it. This has been interpreted (and hyped) by many as evidence for the multiverse.

The results from their work, which was published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, show that there’s only a 2 percent chance for the Cold Spot to be a statistical fluke of our current theory. That doesn’t make it impossible, it just says that the odds are not in its favor.

Yes 2%!!

So where is that math showing the statistical probability? you said you have it and this proves it. As chelsea said you need to understand what experimental physics is first.
I don't think your magical sky wizard believes in math so no amount of evidence or proof will ever convince one of his devotees, if you don't understand that once it's possible the odds of us being in the original are astronomical then I can't help you... and in truth no matter what is said the Xian merely pivots on some ridiculous pint to obfuscate the fact he belies what old men wrote a few thousand years ago... this is held above modern science :)

I don't think your magical sky wizard believes in math so no amount of evidence or proof will ever convince one of his devotees, if you don't understand that once it's possible the odds of us being in the original are astronomical then I can't help you
Total Power is no devotee of god in the religious sense,your bark is wasted on continuing this line of beguiling condescension,it's becoming annoying.
We are all more than happy for you to have your argument presented here,but you "must" present "your" argument with some willingness to back it up with evidence!
We've been thru the singularity,AI,simulation theory's in most of the god etc threads.

Last edited:
The Xian's would kill for that... none the less once we pass the Singularity the future I've outlined will seem tame, biological intelligence had a good quarter of a million years but it's horribly shackled... our speech is slow motion compared to an intelligence that connects at gigabit speeds... our bodies at so fragile we kill an Einstein centuries before he can put it all together... we are the past, the dinosaurs, our best hope is to merge with technology, after all if the holographic principle is correct you and I are nothing but 2 dimensional data and this conversation is just a projection

Last edited:
The Xian's would kill for that... none the less once we pass the Singularity the future I've outlined will seem tame, biological intelligence had a good quarter of a million years but it's horribly shackled... our speech is slow motion compared to an intelligence that connects at gigabit speeds... our bodies at so fragile we kill an Einstein centuries before he can put it all together... we are the past, the dinosaurs, our best hope is to merge with technology, after all if the holographic principle is correct you and I are nothing but 2 dimensional data and this conversation is just a projection

If I program into a supercomputer a state of the art, highly accurate simulation of gravity; and I run the simulation; and I put a bowling ball near the supercomputer running the simulation; the bowling ball will not experience a gravitational field from the computer. Well, other than from the mass of the computer hardware itself of course.

A simulation of the behavior of a thing is not the same as the thing itself.

We can simulate the early evolution of the universe after the big bang. But that's not the universe.

You could simulate every neuron of a brain; and you would be simulating the observable behavior of the brain. But you would not necessarily be creating consciousness.

If you think that DOES create consciousness, that is an assumption without supporting evidence.

When I play PacMan I never believe the little cartoon characters gobbling up the electronic dots have a subjective life or represent any aspect of reality beyond their existence as icons in a video game.

If I program into a supercomputer a state of the art
You must have missed the part where quantum computers will solve complex problems that would take conventional computers billions of years, they are very simple at the moment but we have hit a particle sized wall with silicon and the future is set, you can't base anything off current tech, we are on the cusp of going to the next evolutionary (I know how hard that word is for you) level... you are not very far away from having sex in a virtual space and it will be indistinguishable from reality, and that's the least of it

You must have missed the part where quantum computers will solve complex problems that would take conventional computers billions of years, they are very simple at the moment but we have hit a particle sized wall with silicon and the future is set, you can't base anything off current tech, we are on the cusp of going to the next evolutionary (I know how hard that word is for you) level... you are not very far away from having sex in a virtual space and it will be indistinguishable from reality, and that's the least of it
yeah yeah, science of gaps you mean? you never know what it can or "cannot" do. For now you are assuming it can do. Btw where is the math you said "exists"? come with me with evidence, not with ifs or buts, you are wasting everyones time. Your position is no different to that of organised religion you have made your mind up about simulation and looking for the evidence that fits your pre-supposition. It works both ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back