Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have not heard of this. I just use "placidus house system"

When I’m doing stuff like this, it’s always Whole Sign. Why? Cause once again, astrology is said to have been invented by Hermes Trismegistus, and I never question Thoth on his teachings. It is based on the ecliptic - which is where the houses came from - rather than the equator.

The Placidus House System is what modern astrologers use. I believe it was an invention designed to muddy the waters.

Astrology predicts how people will react to certain events and predicts the future by means of interpreting that personality data combined with that person's own personal experience and knowledge.

The skill of an astrologer is to take the signposts and ask pertinent questions of the person that relate to those signposts to fill in the blanks regarding personality traits that have been formed by experiences.

Think of it this way: two people are born with a high level of intelligence. One is born into a wealthy family and has the means to further their education to achieve their potential and becomes a successful lawyer, while the other is born into a poor family and learns from personal struggle and experience how to convert that intelligence into wisdom, and winds up starting their own business which becomes highly successful in its own right.

Same initial criteria, different paths, same outcome. That's why you don't have to do a chart for everyone - most people don't want the exact details, they just want to know what their life's purpose is.

If you really wanted to get super detailed, you could do a natal chart of both the mother and the father and how they relate to the individual in question and get a super accurate reading of how someone's life will turn out.

There's also the calculation of Parts, or Lots - which basically tell you your soul's purpose e.g the Lot of Fortune will tell you what your chance and inherited circumstances will be, in terms of the things we can't control. It tells us what we are happiest doing in terms of our material need - our wants.

The Lot of Spirit determines what we can control, and tells us what we are most happiest doing in terms of our soul's purpose. Our needs.

When people say 'Oh, but I'm also part of other star signs too!'...they are right. A properly constructed natal chart will have parts and decans that cover pretty much every aspect of the zodiac.

For example: I am an Aquarius, with a Libra triplicity. "This is Aquarius at its most scientific and skeptical, but at the same time is open to exploring other realms, it just needs to test them out first. This testing is very marked in everything they do. Aquarian decan 3 test limits, push boundaries and most of all test peoples patience!" "This means we have a nice balance of masculine, left brain logic and feminine right brain imagination."

But I've also got a Part of Fortune in Cancer, which means I'm happiest doing things that help others create new ideas and use their imagination - which is not what the traditional view of an Aquarian is.

Lastly, my Part of Spirit is in Sagittarius - and Sagittarians are the nomadic spirits of the zodiac, always trying to seek out the answer to the great mystery, even if it means travelling the world to do so.

A perfect life for me according to my natal chart would literally be starting a movement of self-discovery and getting people to forge their own path spiritually, based in charity and goodwill. And that sounds pretty fantastic to me.

The bolded, to me, is the issue, in a nutshell. That's very wishy-washy, IMO. It's very interpretive. Nothing scientific there, at all.

So, if, per the bolded, it's on the skill of the astrologer to ask the right questions, what is the point of a birth date/time/place? Shouldn't the accuracy of the reading be down to the date/time/place of birth. Asking 'the right questions' is a bit woo woo in terms of an explanation.

Look, I'd love for discovering life purpose and the meaning of life to be as simple as punching in a couple of coordinates in to the catalytic astrological converter and voila, problem solved, but there is just no verifiable/quantifiable/scientifically validated evidence to support the claims.

If you could point me to a study that supports the claims of astrology, I would be interested in checking it out. I think most of the 'success' of astrology is due to confirmation bias and the client being told what they want to hear.

The bolded, to me, is the issue, in a nutshell. That's very wishy-washy, IMO. It's very interpretive. Nothing scientific there, at all.

It's balls of rock and gas, and star systems that are light years away.

The only affect these things could have on you is if they fall on your head.

It's balls of rock and gas, and star systems that are light years away.

The only affect these things could have on you is if they fall on your head.

It reminds of those gift shop card decks where you pick a card and whatever you choose is the 'perfect' card for your current situation. But if you read all of the cards, you can apply any of them at any time and the advice will be 'sound'.

It reminds of those gift shop card decks where you pick a card and whatever you choose is the 'perfect' card for your current situation. But if you read all of the cards, you can apply any of them at any time and the advice will be 'sound'.

giphy.gif

Remember how I said that Rosicrucian teachings are all about frequency?

Frequency of Earth - 7.83 Hz

Frequency of the Sun - 126.22 Hz

Frequency of Pluto - 140.25 Hz
Frequency of Mercury - 141.27 Hz
Frequency of Mars - 144.72 Hz
Frequency of Saturn - 147.85 Hz

Frequency of Jupiter - 183.58 Hz
Frequency of Uranus - 207.36 Hz
Frequency of Luna - 210.42 Hz
Frequency of Neptune - 211.44 Hz
Frequency of Venus - 221.23 Hz

Now, if you remove the planets that would have no effect because they are too far away from the Earth for their resonance to reach us (and are blocked by Jupiter, which in traditional astrology is said to be the protector planet), you get:

Malefic Planets

Benefic Planets

Mercury oscillates between being a maelfic and a benefic planet:

(Couldn't find a legitimate video of what Mercury sounds like)

Now...if you extrapolate that radio frequency has been studied to affect brainwaves at lower levels to the point of having an effect on behavioural patterns to the point of feeling physically affected by them, isn't it possible that the passage of these planets that are close enough to be observed in the visible spectrum could have an emotional effect on the behaviour of humans? Something that we can't hear, but still perceive to be there?

Remember how I said that Rosicrucian teachings are all about frequency?

Frequency of Pluto - 140.25 Hz

Frequency of Uranus - 207.36 Hz
Frequency of Neptune - 211.44 Hz

Now, if you remove the planets that would have no effect because they are too far away from the Earth for their resonance to reach us (and are blocked by Jupiter, which in traditional astrology is said to be the protector planet), you get:

Malefic Planets

Benefic Planets

Mercury oscillates between being a maelfic and a benefic planet:

(Couldn't find a legitimate video of what Mercury sounds like)

Now...if you extrapolate that radio frequency has been studied to affect brainwaves at lower levels to the point of having an effect on behavioural patterns to the point of feeling physically affected by them, isn't it possible that the passage of these planets that are close enough to be observed in the visible spectrum could have an emotional effect on the behaviour of humans? Something that we can't hear, but still perceive to be there?

This is right up there with the biggest pile of bullshit ever seen in this thread.

1) The Rosicrucians did not determine Schumann frequencies.
2) The Rosicrucians did not determine the unit of frequency known as the Hertz
3) There is no such things as "Malefic planets"
4) There is no such things as "Benefic planets"
5) Radio frequencies do not have any correlation to the human visible spectrum resulting in an emotional effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is right up there with the biggest pile of bullshit ever seen in this thread.

1) The Rosicrucians did not determine Schumann frequencies.
2) The Rosicrucians did not determine the unit of frequency known as the Hertz
3) There is no such things as "Malefic planets"
4) There is no such things as "Benefic planets"
5) Radio frequencies do not have any correlation to the human visible spectrum resulting in an emotional effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Never said they did. I said Rosicrucians taught that everything is made up of frequency.

2) See point 1.

3) In Astrology there is. Hence why their frequencies are similar.

4) See point 3.

5) There have been scientific studies done that show that low level radio frequencies can cause headaches and other physical effects in humans.

The earth isn't 6000 years old. Anyone who actually believes that should be not allowed jobs in fields of engineering and science. I wouldn't personally let them fly a passenger jet either.

Conversely, just because humans can imagine something does not mean it exists.

There is a difference between belief and 'knowledge'. A person who believes in god, his belief is just as good as a person who doesnt believe in god. Belief = i don't know. People are unwilling to utter the 3 words ' i dont know'. Only if you admit ' i dont know' you will begin to know. Stop believing and start 'seeking'. This is why before the greeks invented the scientific method, there was no such thing as 'knowledge'. There were 'methods' (specially in india and china) where you 'seek' the truth.

I am stunned by the misuse of science specially by well known militant atheists in this thread. Science is one method of seeking in the material world but has severe limitations. Almost all the science that we knew from 100 years ago is now invalid. Science will continue seeking and changing itself, for good. Somehow relating science to atheism is criminal. It got nothing to do with atheism and never will.

Plenty of scientists believe in bizarre stuff, from multiverses , to wormholes to simulation hypothesis to alien seeding. When they open their gob without evidence people listens. If a mystic says the same thing it's dogma! there are higher dimensions where ALL the science we know is invalid. .ALL of it. But i can't prove it to you as i can't meditate for you.The most sophisticated machine of all, is our human body, use it! I cannot show you under lab conditions or in a computer, look here is another dimension. You have to do it yourself, but dismissing it without trials is not very scientific minded. I have stated many times not to 'believe' in anything including what i am telling you. This knowledge is available to everyone if you choose to 'seek' it. The path isn't easy and it takes a lot of time and patience.

Last edited:
I disagree with the bold. An astrologer doesn't need to know anything about your life to interpret your chart.

Ok, so if 20 people are born at the same time, in the same hospital(I know, I know. Look, it was a busy night, that night. Half of the mothers had to complete the birth solo due to not enough staff), according to astrology they should all turn out the same or very similar? Do you see what I mean?

I think it would be fair to assume that those 20 people will have vastly different lives. And that's why astrologers need to 'ask the right questions'. Because if they don't, they'll be nowhere near an accurate 'interpretation'.

There is a difference between belief and 'knowledge'. A person who believes in god, his belief is just as good as a person who doesnt believe in god. Belief = i don't know. People are unwilling to utter the 3 words ' i dont know'. Only if you admit ' i dont know' you will begin to know. Stop believing and start 'seeking'. This is why before the greeks invented the scientific method, there was no such thing as 'knowledge'. There were 'methods' (specially in india and china) where you 'seek' the truth.

I am stunned by the misuse of science specially by well known militant atheists in this thread. Science is one method of seeking in the material world but has severe limitations. Almost all the science that we knew from 100 years ago is now invalid. Science will continue seeking and changing itself, for good. Somehow relating science to atheism is criminal. It got nothing to do with atheism and never will.

Plenty of scientists believe in bizarre stuff, from multiverses , to wormholes to simulation hypothesis to alien seeding. When they open their gob without evidence people listens. If a mystic says the same thing it's dogma! there are higher dimensions where ALL the science we know is invalid. .ALL of it. But i can't prove it to you as i can't meditate for you.The most sophisticated machine of all, is our human body, use it! I cannot show you under lab conditions or in a computer, look here is another dimension. You have to do it yourself, but dismissing it without trials is not very scientific minded. I have stated many times not to 'believe' in anything including what i am telling you. This knowledge is available to everyone if you choose to 'seek' it. The path isn't easy and it takes a lot of time and patience.
Brilliant post!

Discorvery happens on the interface of what is known and unknown. So admitting that "we don't know" is critical for discovery. If scientists thought like the supposed science allies in this thread then we'd be stuck as a species.

Let people have their beliefs, they are just beliefs and stop acting like you know it all.

Ok, so if 20 people are born at the same time, in the same hospital(I know, I know. Look, it was a busy night, that night. Half of the mothers had to complete the birth solo due to not enough staff), according to astrology they should all turn out the same or very similar? Do you see what I mean?

I think it would be fair to assume that those 20 people will have vastly different lives. And that's why astrologers need to 'ask the right questions'. Because if they don't, they'll be nowhere near an accurate 'interpretation'.

I do see what you mean and it is because you don't know anything about astrology, which is fine, just forget about it :). It has taken me a long time to get a limited understanding I'm not going to argue with you guys about it.

Brilliant post!

Discorvery happens on the interface of what is known and unknown. So admitting that "we don't know" is critical for discovery. If scientists thought like the supposed science allies in this thread then we'd be stuck as a species.

Let people have their beliefs, they are just beliefs and stop acting like you know it all.

Theoretical suppositions MUST be subjected to rigorous analysis if human knowledge is to move forward.

No one is kicking in anyone's door and confiscating Ouija boards.

Here’s an idea. Tell us your birthdate and time and we’ll see what astrology says about you :)

Astrology - "Yeah mate, just fixed your brakes"
Car - "Ah, cool, cheers. So that means when I step on the brake pedal, the car will stop?"
Astrology - "That depends. You'll need to ask it the right questions first"
Car - "Eh, what? Mate, I need the brakes to work when I want the car to stop. What happens if they only work when I ask the right questions?"
Astrology - "Listen mate, you don't know jack s**t about brakes, but that's fine, just forget about it"

Last edited:
Astrology - "Yeah mate, just fixed your brakes"
Car - "Ah, cool, cheers. So that means when I step on the brake pedal, the car will stop?"
Astrology - "That depends. You'll need to ask it the right questions first"
Car - "Eh, what? Mate, I need the brakes to work when I want the car to stop. What happens if they only work when I ask the right questions?"
Astrology - "Listen mate, you don't know jack s**t about brakes, but that's fine, just forget about it"

wtf :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back