No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very left field call, but a credit to Bailey for his work and dedication to improving. I would hazard a guess if you quizzed fans from most teams, they would barely be able to pick him from a line up of 10 other players.

Some googling tells me Dale was a pies fan and idolised Sidebottom. Perhaps Steele heard or read this and took a liking to him.

What are people's thoughts on how the Saints are handling the Nick Reiwoldt situation?? Seems more likely than not they're gonna push him out despite him wanting to go on.

Horrible call imo. He's a top 3 all time player at that club, those types deserve the right to decide when to retire (within reason of course). Would be just as bad as Norf pushing Boomer.

Can see it getting messy like Bartel did. I dunno why clubs are so hesitant to keep these blokes on for one more year. It's not like the Saints have tons of older players, so they can't use that excuse like Geelong did.

What are people's thoughts on how the Saints are handling the Nick Reiwoldt situation?? Seems more likely than not they're gonna push him out despite him wanting to go on.

Horrible call imo. He's a top 3 all time player at that club, those types deserve the right to decide when to retire (within reason of course). Would be just as bad as Norf pushing Boomer.

Can see it getting messy like Bartel did. I dunno why clubs are so hesitant to keep these blokes on for one more year. It's not like the Saints have tons of older players, so they can't use that excuse like Geelong did.
I think he should read the tea leaves and retire. He has no cartilage in his knees, takes up room in the salary cap. They have 4-5 key forwards already. He is surplus to requirements. Also, they are not in flag contention. The club is bigger than the player.

I think he should read the tea leaves and retire. He has no cartilage in his knees, takes up room in the salary cap. They have 4-5 key forwards already. He is surplus to requirements. Also, they are not in flag contention. The club is bigger than the player.
He would be happy to play on 300k or so I reckon, same as Hodge this year. He can also play on the wing.

I dunno why they don't just say you can stay on but if you're out of form you're not a lock like the past, like we did with Boyd this year or Sydney did with Goodes.

If we pushed Moz out when he wanted to keep going I'd be filthy.

It's funny, there's a club I know with no key forwards and is in flag contention.

Nick can come and say play the back half of next year for us and win himself a flag A true Lake style pick up.

Tough one. He looks completely cooked to me. If he's prepared to play 2s he could go on. Otherwise I'd support the saints making a call.

Pretty disrespectful IMO. He's still playing reasonable footy and he should absolutely be in a position where he decides whether he wants to go on. Although they aren't in premiership contention this year, the Saints should be aiming to push into that top 4 bracket next year. Imagine if pushed out Boydy (I'm aware we almost did) or Moz. There's very little chance we have our second cup in our cabinet.

James Sicily seems like the natural successor to BJ Goddard as biggest unlikable suckhole who can't shut up in the league when ever he hangs them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back