No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The games we're winning our players are barely getting a look in as far as votes are concerned. Ripped off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
But a square up in Rd 6. Yep ... sounds like AFL umpires to me! ;)

Those still images actually look to me like attacking the ball is exactly what Cotchin is doing.

If you watch the play as a whole, it further supports that view. I can't see an argument for reckless let alone intentional. There is no way he intentionally made contact with the head and I honestly can't see an argument for it.

I posted earlier in this thread that despite him wanting to win the ball, he attacked the body as he knew he'd be second & had to try to knock Shiel off the ball. Those photos only support it. Of course it wasn't intentional, but it was reckless as he should have known Shiel had his head over the ball as he was already following it.

He is lucky/protected species that it didn't happen earlier than GF week, he knocked a guy out like other players have done before who have been suspended for more accidental clashes.

MRP lottery, I just hope that more players aren't suspended for accidents as it seems (previously) if there's a concussion, it's a suspension no matter what

The Brownlow medal deadset is like me detailing my sex life.

Takes 4 hours and is full of utter bullshit that really should take only 5 mins, completely boring and unimpressive.

Absolute w@nkfest.

#dontcarewhatyourwearingorhowlongittookyoutopickitshutup

Congrats to Dusty, deserved winner. Betts and Howe robbed. Time for a panel to pick mark and goal of the year.

Nathan Buckley with some gold on twitter. If you're on twitter find his account and see.
what was on there? i couldnt see anything.

Congrats to Dusty, deserved winner. Betts and Howe robbed. Time for a panel to pick mark and goal of the year.

Nathan Buckley with some gold on twitter. If you're on twitter find his account and see.
Agree. Daniher's was a fine mark but pretty underwhelming for MotY.

Honestly, can you show me your reasoning for saying that Cotchin was attacking the ball? I am adamant that Cotchin's body positioning was in no way aligned with how AFL players attack groundball one-on-ones. Here are some photos: View attachment 420413 View attachment 420414

The AFL have also been saying for the past year and a half that if you make intentional contact to the head that results in injury, you will be punished, and Shiel was concussed. This is Choco on Shiel's reaction to the decision:

Speaking on SEN radio, Williams was adamant Cotchin should have been suspended and said Shiel was baffled by the decision to clear him of any wrongdoing.

“Great player, great leader, I love him (Cotchin) a lot but I’ll tell you who I love more and that’s Dylan Shiel,” Williams said.

“Everyone has missed the point of Dylan because as much as everyone would love ‘Cotchy’ to play and that’s great, Dylan didn’t get to play in a preliminary final, the biggest game of his career and the one that he was excelling in by the way.

“Did he get concussed? Yes he did. And did he get concussed in the first collision with Cotchy? Yes he did.

“He could not see properly after that.

“He feels cheated. I’ve talked to him and he thinks, ‘Wait a minute, the system — I got hit in the head by Cotchy, didn’t get a free kick even, I got hit in the head again by David Astbury, didn’t get a free kick, what’s going on?’

“I feel for him.

“(He feels) completely cheated by the system. What in the hell?”

Why should Cotchin get off scot-free for an intentional bump to the head that forced a player to sit out of "the biggest game of his career" and potentially cost GWS the game?
If shiel couldn't see properly, he shouldn't have been allowed to stay on the field. If anything should come of this, it should be an inquiry into GWS failing their duty of care to shiel. They allowed him to receive a second head hit after his concussion according to Choco.

Choco is an idiot. He just sold out his son in law for publicity. There's no way shiel would want his sooking to become public knowledge.

The whole "couldn't come to Melbourne for the brownlow" thing is BS. If shiel is so unwell, he really shouldn't have flown back to Sydney.

Honestly, it would be a travesty if a player missed a grand final for that incident. Accidents happen on football fields. You can't just suspend players every time someone is concussed. Was shiel upset when Mumford got off for concussing libba?

If you want to see some suspendable actions, watch last year's prelim. The number of face punches from gws players that got completely ignored was disgraceful. I'm glad that bunch of spoilt brats aren't playing this week.

Beat the lions by 30 and only got the 1 vote. The losing team got the 2 and the 3 votes in a 30 point loss! Has that happened before??

Yeah when Ablett polled 3 in a 90+ point loss to Colingwood. How there isn't a better player on the winning side in a game with a margin that big I will never know

I'm sure there was 10+ better goals kicked than Riolis this year too. A pretty stock standard one-two and a banana from near the boundary...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If shiel couldn't see properly, he shouldn't have been allowed to stay on the field. If anything should come of this, it should be an inquiry into GWS failing their duty of care to shiel. They allowed him to receive a second head hit after his concussion according to Choco.

Choco is an idiot. He just sold out his son in law for publicity. There's no way shiel would want his sooking to become public knowledge.

The whole "couldn't come to Melbourne for the brownlow" thing is BS. If shiel is so unwell, he really shouldn't have flown back to Sydney.

Honestly, it would be a travesty if a player missed a grand final for that incident. Accidents happen on football fields. You can't just suspend players every time someone is concussed. Was shiel upset when Mumford got off for concussing libba?

If you want to see some suspendable actions, watch last year's prelim. The number of face punches from gws players that got completely ignored was disgraceful. I'm glad that bunch of spoilt brats aren't playing this week.
I keep pointing out that it's simply not an argument to say that Cotchin should be playing because the game is going soft. You have to adjudge the decision based off of MRP directive from the AFL, and the move towards protecting players' heads from intentional contact means that Cotchin should not go unpunished.

Leave the emotion from our PF out of it - sure, GWS are a team of thugs (of which Shiel is not one), we know that - but it doesn't further your argument. Just because GWS got off on a heap of chargeable offences doesn't mean you should apply the same logic to Cotchin. Cotchin intended to bump Shiel and incidentally concussed Shiel - the intention was there, as should be the fine.

I don't disagree that GWS threw their duty of care out the window in allowing Shiel to stay on the field - I was shocked when I saw Shiel in that marking contest about 30 seconds after the incident - but it shouldn't mask Cotchin's illegal act. I also don't think Choco's words were just a publicity stunt. He's not that much of a dickhead.

420226_3f4846c71ec49ddb9c6f4539620715c3.png

wtf?

Could not agree with this more. If the awards are to be taken seriously then it has to be decided by something less arbitrary than which players supporters can be stuffed voting. If the AFL wants to keep it as a bit of fun then fine, but move it off the Brownlow night to the Logies.

I actually watched it last night. Wilsons(?) jumper punch on Picken flush on his jaw infront of an ump didnt even get a free kick, Red got a 2 week suspension this year for less.

I actually watched it last night. Wilsons(?) jumper punch on Picken flush on his jaw in front of an ump didnt even get a free kick, Red got a 2 week suspension this year for less.
Would like a gif of that, anyone know how to make one?

Rules were all changed this year to disadvantage us - jumper punches (I mean, really?), handballs, 3rd man up, anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back