No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene suspended. He might get the But He’s A Reformed Man defence

For all the stuff he has got away with in his career, I'm really surprised that this was the incident that brought him down.

I think he gets off on appeal.

Things are rarely as good or bad as they seem. But for North they are as bad as they seem. Embarrassingly bad and no scope to turn it around.

Maybe the least of their concerns but Phillips over McDonald looks more bizarre by the season. Norths version of McCartin over Petracca.

For all the stuff he has got away with in his career, I'm really surprised that this was the incident that brought him down.

I think he gets off on appeal.
Was very similar to the Peter Wright incident only he didn't knock the opponent out. Would be very surprised if he got off that.

I'm sure the "Toby Tax" myth will get pulled out again though, even the coach was playing into it in his press conference post match.

Was very similar to the Peter Wright incident only he didn't knock the opponent out. Would be very surprised if he got off that.

I'm sure the "Toby Tax" myth will get pulled out again though, even the coach was playing into it in his press conference post match.
At least Wright intended to contest the ball until he decided against it. Greene was taking the man out all the way.

Love the Toby tax, the biggest myth in football. Love every time someone does anything it’s ‘Toby would’ve got x weeks for that’. When Bailey Smith got suspended for the headbutt everyone was saying Toby would’ve got four for that, when in fact he has headbutted a player before and got zero weeks.

It was clumsy for sure and he isn’t someone who deserves the benefit of the doubt. So much emphasis is based on the contact and what happens to the player, rightly or wrongly. If Boyd gets hurt there he’d have no leg to stand on. But considering he got up straight away, took his kick and didn’t go off the ground at all, I think medium impact will drop down to low on appeal and he’ll get away with a fine

Love the Toby tax, the biggest myth in football. Love every time someone does anything it’s ‘Toby would’ve got x weeks for that’. When Bailey Smith got suspended for the headbutt everyone was saying Toby would’ve got four for that, when in fact he has headbutted a player before and got zero weeks.

100x this.

How nauseating was it when he bumped the umpire - one of the most serious offences - and people were claiming:

a) He didn’t actually bump him (seriously WTF)

b) The “Toby tax” would come into effect for the incident

Just laughable.

Remember at the time even blokes like Scott Pendlebury (who I normally have high respect for) were buying into this nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne stinks
If you ever need a reminder of why a ‘gut and rebuild’ strategy can be a bad idea look no further.

I remember when they forced their in form vets including Boomer Harvey to retire to play the kids, all of whom are now veterans or out of the system, back in 2017. They’ve not advanced even slightly in that time.

Things are rarely as good or bad as they seem. But for North they are as bad as they seem. Embarrassingly bad and no scope to turn it around.

Maybe the least of their concerns but Phillips over McDonald looks more bizarre by the season. Norths version of McCartin over Petracca.
I doubt Noble was a good coach but it goes to show how little a good coach can do if the list is terrible given Clarkson hasn’t improved things at all.

Rocket, Malthouse, Worsfold, Wallace etc didn’t suddenly become bad coaches at their last clubs. It’s just that you can’t polish a turd.

Will take a long time to steer things right.

Hogan gets off at the tribunal under some bizarre logic about impact and potential to cause injury not able to be factored in, despite it being part of the guidelines:

The potential to cause injury must also be factored into the determination of Impact, particularly in the following cases:
» Intentional strikes, such as those with a swinging clenched fist, raised forearm or elbow;

It should be noted that Low Impact is the minimum impact required for a Classifiable Reportable Offence and this requires more than just a negligible impact. The MRO may however consider the potential to cause injury to upgrade Impact from negligible to a higher level of Impact

The system was bad enough already but following the Charlie Cameron ruling last week it appears to have officially jumped the shark.

Last edited:
This is ******* hilarious

To follow on from this, Barrass didn't get off under the Charlie Cameron good bloke clause due to the following word salad. The tribunal really doing wonders for their credibility as they tie themselves in knots. Explaining whether a player's character and past record applies or does not apply to a tribunal decision is now going to be a necessary addition moving forward for all cases :drunk:

"Integrity" still a foreign concept to the AFL and any of its sanctioned vassal entities.

I bet if even Bont went up on some minor misdemeanour, the 'good bloke' aspect would be disregarded/denied its ever been used before any hearing even commenced.

Some pillock like Cameron or Hogan though...

Melbourne are great defensively, but genuinely s**t forward of centre. Bottom six s**t.

How the * do they look like 2007 Geelong when we play them?! It’s an enormous black mark against our coaching group.
Melbourne got a bit of a leg up by having a full Rd zero game under their belt before they played us. We didn’t have that same benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back