Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
perfect example of how even this comp is though....

this time last year everyone was laughing at Treloar for choosing Pies over Tigers...

takes a bit of luck, the right attitude, and some momentum and anyone can make it

a04d875323e5879fde9e5ca9e5503e53.jpg
Some heros don't wear capes.

Biggest lesson learnt from tonight, have to switch on early. One game in three weeks can be detriment to a team playing finals. If you go behind early it's hard to come back in finals.
Pies more than proved that tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** Collingwood

Me pointing out them making the GF is total bradbury is ruffling a few feathers.

Imagine making the GF after one good win all season? Softest draw in the league (according to Champion data). Loses a final. Beat GWS (who they were heavily favoured to beat) and then one upset victory and boom your in. On your homeground to boot.

If only other teams had it this easy.

Well, well... s**t just got real interesting.

Richmond finally got shown to be one-trick, front-running ponies that they are in a match that mattered. Little depth and once scoreboard pressure is applied, they fall apart.

Collingwood were very impressive tonight but I have no idea WTF was going on with Richmond's tactics:
  • Rance on De Goey? WTF
  • Cox being the only tall target but making no attempt to prevent him getting one-on-ones? WTF
  • No attempt to fill the obvious hole for the lead so Cox could get repeated free runs and jump to mark? WTF
  • Sidebottom running free without an opponent all game? [41 disposals at 85% effectiveness and 545m gained] WTF
  • Getting absolutely pounded in the ruck by Grundy but doing nothing to change the setup at stoppages in response? WTF

I don't know how all the above can happen in a Preliminary Final. Richmond and Hardwick completely shat the bed with this one.

Hopefully this wakes our boys up. We are have been poor recently after a week off. In 2015 it took us three quarters to get going in the Preliminary that year.

If Melbourne get a sniff of victory, it will be Round 22 all over again. If we hit them early, like Collingwood did to Richmond tonight, they will capitulate surprisingly easily.

Should we win tomorrow, it can be assured that the Magpies will not have it anywhere near as easy as they found it tonight.

It's all falling into place.

Richmond finally got shown to be one-trick, front-running ponies that they are in a match that mattered. Little depth and once scoreboard pressure is applied, they fall apart.

Collingwood were very impressive tonight but I have no idea WTF was going on with Richmond's tactics:
  • Rance on De Goey? WTF
  • Cox being the only tall target but making no attempt to prevent him getting one-on-ones? WTF
  • No attempt to fill the obvious hole for the lead so Cox could get repeated free runs and jump to mark? WTF
  • Sidebottom running free without an opponent all game? [41 disposals at 85% effectiveness and 545m gained] WTF
  • Getting absolutely pounded in the ruck by Grundy but doing nothing to change the setup at stoppages in response? WTF

I don't know how all the above can happen in a Preliminary Final. Richmond and Hardwick completely shat the bed with this one.

Hopefully this wakes our boys up. We are have been poor recently after a week off. In 2015 it took us three quarters to get going in the Preliminary that year.

If Melbourne get a sniff of victory, it will be Round 22 all over again. If we hit them early, like Collingwood did to Richmond tonight, they will capitulate surprisingly easily.

Should we win tomorrow, it can be assured that the Magpies will not have it anywhere near as easy as they found it tonight.

I don't have enough ******* likes for this post. You bloody *beauty*

• Rance on De Goey? WTF

kramernod.gif

Just saw an ad for GF and PF odds -
Premiership:

Coll $1.75
Melb $2 odd
WCE $4!

Next minute...

Eagles v Melb
Eagles - $1.80
Melb - $2.05

Seriously LOL - odds on to beat Melb then $4 outsiders to a team we towelled up at the MCG and beat 2 weeks ago

Soft draw or not, they were seriously impressive tonight. If beating the reigning premier and the top of the ladder team at their home doesn't answer some questions, I don't know what will for them.

I think we would beat them, but they are very good.

Soft draw or not, they were seriously impressive tonight. If beating the reigning premier and the top of the ladder team at their home doesn't answer some questions, I don't know what will for them.

I think we would beat them, but they are very good.

Oh I agree it was a good win. Just pointing out it's pretty much their only good win for the whole season. Against GWS they were favourites and GWS had even more injuries then they did.

Apart from that what other good wins have they had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back