Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo made the semi finals with a young list but that's now the fourth player that has put in a trade request.

What's going on over there? I don't care enough to browse the Freo board for reasons why players still want to leave.

Edit - four, not three - I can understand Tucker seeking opportunity but Acres, Lobb and Logue were definite first 22.

I actually think the norm for non-Vic clubs is to lose a good chunk of players each year - Freo and Adelaide probably the two most obvious ones.

Whilst there's plenty to be critical of with WCE and our usual ultra-conservative approach to things, we clearly make player retention a priority, as our track record in keeping players is head and shoulders above other clubs.

Even Sydney who are very well run have lost loads of key players lately - Allir, Dawson etc.

Western Bulldogs gun Josh Dunkley’s trade request is predominantly related to “cultural” concerns with the playing group, according to veteran journalist Caroline Wilson.

Super round is designed for the northern states and as such will fail

• Put a line through Victoria as even the AFL aren’t that stupid
• SA and WA are out because with only one suitable stadium in each state it’s near on logistically impossible to manage without tearing up the playing surface
• NSW and QLD both have two stadiums to spread the games across and the AFL will be able to promote it as growing the game in development states
• Neutral supporters in those two states won’t turn up and it’ll be a white elephant
Surely the novelty of neutral games in Queensland has worn off after 2020.

I actually think the norm for non-Vic clubs is to lose a good chunk of players each year - Freo and Adelaide probably the two most obvious ones.

Whilst there's plenty to be critical of with WCE and our usual ultra-conservative approach to things, we clearly make player retention a priority, as our track record in keeping players is head and shoulders above other clubs.

Even Sydney who are very well run have lost loads of key players lately - Allir, Dawson etc.
Paying half our salary cap to 6 blokes and having the rest of the list as vanilla spuds that no one would want is certainly effective.

The 'Super' round bollocks is just a copy of the 'Magic' round that NRL has done (hosting an entire round in Brisbane).

NRL 2022: Everything you need to know about Magic Round

A shallow ploy to stir up media coverage in the borderlands of the code rivalry. Would be too much of a copy if Brisbane were to get it, so no doubt any such round in AFL would be hosted in Sydney.

The 'Super' round bollocks is just a copy of the 'Magic' round that NRL has done (hosting an entire round in Brisbane).

NRL 2022: Everything you need to know about Magic Round

A shallow ploy to stir up media coverage in the borderlands of the code rivalry. Would be too much of a copy if Brisbane were to get it, so no doubt any such round in AFL would be hosted in Sydney.

So instead of having to travel across the country 10 times a season we get to do it 11 times. Much the same for the two SA teams

It does of course add an extra trip for all the Victorian teams but the Mel/Syd route is a glorified bus ride and well short of Per-Syd

It’s a ******* stupid idea

Whats with all the love for the swans? I cant stand them
I am only cheering for them for one reason, they are non Victorian. Geelong are not.

Eagles are the last non Vic side to win in 2018. GWS were the last non Vic side in a grand final in 2019 and lost to tigers.

Keys didn't like the Freo infestation on this board in the 1st week of the finals LoL.

Might be the only post I will get on here before HoneyBadger35 rocks up and get the dogs on me lol

I am only cheering for them for one reason, they are non Victorian. Geelong are not.

Eagles are the last non Vic side to win in 2018. GWS were the last non Vic side in a grand final in 2019 and lost to tigers.

Keys didn't like the Freo infestation on this board in the 1st week of the finals LoL.

Might be the only post I will get on here before HoneyBadger35 rocks up and get the dogs on me lol

You’re the type of person that would walk into Harlem shouting the N-word then complain about getting bashed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EC5735B5-8AB7-4916-B93E-F5B45137FCF9.jpeg
2CACF251-FEAA-4E92-9D50-F3ED76486F59.gif

HAHAHAHA Brander just got cut from the Giants.

The career of former West Coast top-15 draft pick Jarrod Brander appears all but over after he was delisted for the second time in the space of a year.
Brander, 23, played just five games for the Giants after crossing from the Eagles at the end of the 2021 season.

Drafted with pick 13 in 2017 by the Eagles, Brander struggled to find a consistent spot at West Coast, managing just 22 games in four seasons.

The versatile tall was signed by the Giants as a delisted free agent last year, but also struggled for a place in their line up, playing the first two games but not making the side after round 14.

Brander was delisted alongside Zach Sproule and Jake Stein on Friday.

“We thank Zach, Jake and Jarrod for their contribution to the Giants across recent seasons,” GWS general manager of football Jason McCartney said.

“Zach has made a great contribution to our club, particularly off the field where he’s been a great teammate to have around the group.

“What Jake’s been able to achieve after coming to the sport quite late has been remarkable and we applaud him for his dedication and hard work to make it at AFL level.

“Jarrod has been a great addition to our group this season and it was a wonderful opportunity to welcome him back to the club after being part of our Giants Academy growing up.

“This is a hard time for these players, but we truly thank them for helping to build the Giants and wish them well for their next chapter.”

The career of former West Coast top-15 draft pick Jarrod Brander appears all but over after he was delisted for the second time in the space of a year.
Brander, 23, played just five games for the Giants after crossing from the Eagles at the end of the 2021 season.

Drafted with pick 13 in 2017 by the Eagles, Brander struggled to find a consistent spot at West Coast, managing just 22 games in four seasons.

The versatile tall was signed by the Giants as a delisted free agent last year, but also struggled for a place in their line up, playing the first two games but not making the side after round 14.

“We thank Zach, Jake and Jarrod for their contribution to the Giants across recent seasons,” GWS general manager of football Jason McCartney said.

“Zach has made a great contribution to our club, particularly off the field where he’s been a great teammate to have around the group.

“What Jake’s been able to achieve after coming to the sport quite late has been remarkable and we applaud him for his dedication and hard work to make it at AFL level.

“Jarrod has been a great addition to our group this season and it was a wonderful opportunity to welcome him back to the club after being part of our Giants Academy growing up.

“This is a hard time for these players, but we truly thank them for helping to build the Giants and wish them well for their next chapter.”
Boy's a darn fool. Nearly footballers like him can hang around on the Eagles list for years, shouldn't have spat the dummy.

But but if Trevor didn’t say we were going to cut him we would have gotten some magical draft pick…..

Surprised Sproule and stein delisted. They are decent tall backs

Pretty vindictive to laugh at him I reckon.

Hope he comes back to WA and has a long successful career with Perth.
I’d suggest that hoping he comes back to play for Perth is significantly more vindictive than laughing at him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back