Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d suggest that hoping he comes back to play for Perth is significantly more vindictive than laughing at him
New coach German has described us as a sleeping giant mate. I'd tread carefully with those words.

Taking Notes Ryan The Office GIF by MOODMAN

c2fcd290-3af9-11ed-bfff-1df769f32901.png

When will sports fans learn this sort of stuff only makes it sweeter for the winning team.

If you really wanna piss off winning supporters just shrug with indifference, smile and walk on.

Let’s hope that’s the end of Geelong for a little while. They’ve been there abouts for so long, thrown everything at it these last five years or so and constantly come but short…one last roll of the dice for Hawkins/Selwood, getting Danger that elusive premiership.

Well done to them for pulling it off, now it’s done & high time they f**k off to the bottom six for a good 5-10 years.

Let’s hope that’s the end of Geelong for a little while. They’ve been there abouts for so long, thrown everything at it these last five years or so and constantly come but short…one last roll of the dice for Hawkins/Selwood, getting Danger that elusive premiership.

Well done to them for pulling it off, now it’s done & high time they f**k off to the bottom six for a good 5-10 years.

Hawkins, Selwood and Smith will each likely go another year.

Attack and defence will remain unchanged.

Atkins, Parfitt and Holmes will take on more of the primary roles in the middle.

And they still have Stephens, Knevitt (and Bruhn) waiting to break in.

Placing them anywhere outside of top 2 for 2023 right now seems absurd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and they'll prob land some other gun from somewhere

They are getting O.Henry from Collingwood and Bruhn from GWS.

Both will likely become good players for them over coming years.

They are also shaping up as a likely home for Gold Coast's pick 7 (in addition to Bowes).

Possible raid coming for S.Darcy if that happens.

Alot been predicting Geelongs "drop off a cliff" for years...and it never happens

Hate them as much as any team, the smugness is off the chart....but they set the standard for list management and coaching methods
I'm sure there's a lot of salary cap management with local Geelong businesses too. Something we need to get on board with.

Alot been predicting Geelongs "drop off a cliff" for years...and it never happens

Hate them as much as any team, the smugness is off the chart....but they set the standard for list management and coaching methods
Its easy to stay at the top when your the only victorian team with a home ground advantage and seen as a destination club for free agents

I'm wonering if that cliff will come once Selwood, Danger and Hawkins move on. Everyone talked about the Hawks staying up forever but once those core guys went it fell apart.

I'm wonering if that cliff will come once Selwood, Danger and Hawkins move on. Everyone talked about the Hawks staying up forever but once those core guys went it fell apart.
Could've said the same about Ablett, Chapman, Corey, Enright, Scarlett, Bartel and they still kept ticking over.

Now that they've finally hit that premiership after so many close encounters I do wonder if they drop a bit next year.
About 10 guys who are 32 or older. They might lose some of that drive now they've gotten there finally. 6th or so next year, maybe miss finals after that or 2025.
I'm sure I'll be proven wrong but I reckon they fall eventually.

Hawthorn stuffed themselves by thinking they could outsmart the draft.

2016:
Traded for: T.Mitchell, J.O'Meara
Could have taken: Two of T.English, J.Berry, J.Simpkin, O.Florent

2017:
Traded for: J.Impey
Could have taken: Two of L.Ryan, T.DeKoning, T.McCartin

2018:
Traded for: C.Wingard
Could have taken: J.Clark, X.Duursma

Could easily have gained the core of a new squad rather than the players that were brought in.

Geelong on the other hand, have always respected the draft. Even when they lose first rounders for trade targets they have managed to acquire additional picks in the second round to maintain a presence there.

The same thing has been said about the Cats for a decade now. That club managed the transition from Ablett, Bartel and Chapman pretty well and now appear well-poised to manage the next one.

Indeed, Geelong fans would argue that the replacements for Selwood, Dangerfield and Hawkins are in Hoops already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back