Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure - I think most football pundits would acknowledge in a 2 game series, with his peers, minus one D.Martin - Fyfe was the standout across both matches.

But it's a round ball and mean nothing, right?

Sure, on this basis I rate Goddard to be one of the best goal keepers in Australia also because the IR series holds so much weight :rolleyes:

Get back to us when he's doing it in an AFL season.

Sure, on this basis I rate Goddard to be one of the best goal keepers in Australia also because the IR series holds so much weight :rolleyes:

Get back to us when he's doing it in an AFL season.

Indeed. Matt Ryan is getting tips from Brendon, especially after Matt’s effort on the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed. Matt Ryan is getting tips from Brendon, especially after Matt’s effort on the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He has some great saves, but his howlers are howling and brain farts are deadly. I dont see him as premier league quality

He's learning from the master then
59327c73485d7_216593279a93818f_913thumb5.9921.jpg

It's just patently silly.

Fyfe with Neale/Walters/Blakely/2 Hills/Bennell/Cerra/Brayshaw is a very strong unit.
Is that it ? Doesnt scream premiership midfield
Fyfe is a gun no denying but his average disposal can hurt

Neale and blakley are great ball winner but like priddis hack blind kicks and can be turnover merchants

You have some very flakey outside types in the hills and walters . Great users but soft

Bennell has talent but cant get on the park

Brayshaw and cerra ? Who knows . I didnt rate brawshaw top 2 but cerra looks silk. Pretty good pickups TBH . Lets see how they develop and transition to afl before counting those chickens .

Its your lack of quality talls and utilities that will be a big problem IMO .
You dont have the scoring power to win a premiership and haven't invested in elite quality talls to win you big games .

Yes richmond won the premiership but that was more to do with the magic carpet ride the afl rules gave them not the team make up .

Adelaide was the best team across 22 games and there talls were a massive reason for that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just patently silly.

Fyfe with Neale/Walters/Blakely/2 Hills/Bennell/Cerra/Brayshaw is a very strong unit.

Amazing how much fyfe makes everyone appear better than they are.

A midfield of Neale Walters blakeley hills Bennell Cerra brayshaw all of a sudden doesn’t sound impressive.

4 downhill skiers, a butcher, a midget and two 18 year olds. Certainly a midfield that can be matched.

So are you getting the point yet that he was top 3 in 2015 but not currently? He needs to lift his game to get back to that level which is what I said to begin with.

There is no metric to support Fyfe 2016 or 2017 being a top 3 overall player in the comp.

Other than being a top 5 contested ball winner, combined with the best contested mark of any midfielder in the comp in season 2017.

Dominant in the air and on the ground... Fair combination.

Other than being a top 5 contested ball winner, combined with the best contested mark of any midfielder in the comp in season 2017.

Yet all that and couldn't make an All-Australian squad of 40? What a season :oops:
Top 3? He didn't even make the top 30 last year

Look, Fyfe absolutely dominated prior to his injury and the subsequent mismanagement of it. He was an absolute pleasure to watch. This year he looked like he was getting over it at last and played some decent footy, took some good marks and fed the ball out to his team mates. The difference between Fyfe pre injury and Fyfe this year is the lack of absolute dominance this year. I don’t know if it was due to his role as captain, coach instruction or the injury but his dominance of the game and hurt factor just wasn’t the same. Still played well and among the best but not the absolute beast he was. As I said before, hope he can get back to that but he isn’t there yet. Martin and Dangerfield did it again this year, Fyfe was down the pecking order with a few others in front of him.

View attachment 444375
In the "most average player of all time thread"

Guys a spud.

I mean C'mon he can't even kick half as far as Shannon Hurn and besides some fancy pants dance moves and being a South Aussie champ, when you put Hurn and Butler in the best Half Backs to every play for West Coast discussion, most will ask who is Sam Butler.

Hurn is the captain of the mighty West Coast Eagles and his fishing prowess is second to none.
His tree trunk legs just confirm he knows where to place his tackle amongst the tree branches along the river bank in order to catch the tastiest fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back