Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily for us we just added seven youngsters to our list and I’m sure there’s a bit of talent there, I don’t think Rioli was far off the mark there, that’s just an honest statement about the quality of our list prior to him leaving.

Yep, and the reverse is probably true also - the quality of our older players is so far ahead of what Port have (now Gray is gone - but even then JK was better than him).

If he'd said the training intensity, medical assistance, culture etc I would have been concerned (not surprised in some cases though) - but the quality of youngsters yeah I get that.

Of course in 4-5 years they will be where we are now (hopefully without the recent premiership though!) as they paid the farm and the future farm for JHF just like we did with TK.

From a poster on the Port board:

"Met Junior the other day and had a bit of a chat with him. Obviously he doesn't want to piss off West Coast publicly but he did say to me the biggest difference was the quality of our youngsters compared to West Coast's. He looked very fit, no hint of a gut and was very happy to be in Adelaide."

Very disappointing if true. Dick

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
IMHO who gives a *. Hes no longer a WCE. Hes just an opposition player now

Yeah nah thats a dog act on his behalf with comments like that.

The club stuck through him when most wouldn't.

Hate to say it if he is as fit as he is then he will be the player we all hoped for.
Don't forget his history of soft tissue injuries. Let's see if he makes it through a pre-season first. Our club may have nursed him a bit in order to try and keep him on the park.

Hard to argue with Willie on that I reckon. Port have some killer yoof, we had barely any when he left. We're turning it around but it's not surprising that contenders aren't stocked with young talent. Well. It's probably surprising to Willie but I wouldn't be shocked to hear he didn't understand the intricacies of building lists.

Should have definitely sent his ass to the preseason draft in hindsight. Hope Ports 2023 second rounder ends up being a jet
Hopefully it’s pick 20

I'd be good to know if Junior meant that as a reason for leaving, or just his observation from starting at Port. If it's the latter, and I assume it is because he'd just be training with the kids atm, I don't really have an issue with the comments tbh.

"Met Junior the other day and had a bit of a chat with him. Obviously he doesn't want to piss off West Coast publicly but he did say to me the biggest difference was the quality of our youngsters compared to West Coast's. He looked very fit, no hint of a gut and was very happy to be in Adelaide."
Teams tend to have 'quality' youngsters when they've been s**t for a while. Draft picks and all.

Yeah nah thats a dog act on his behalf with comments like that.

The club stuck through him when most wouldn't.

Hate to say it if he is as fit as he is then he will be the player we all hoped for.
We'll see what the club does with izzy winder. If they get rid of him now it proves its really talent at the end of the day thats the factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda don’t care if Rioli thinks Port has better youf or if he dominates while he’s there. Would like to see him play well because he’s fun to watch. Just not against us please

Firmly in this camp. He's great to watch. I'll rue not having him fit and in our side but as long as he doesn't pull our pants down I want to see him go well from an entertainment point of view.

Hope he kicks 100 and Port win the spoon.

Firmly in this camp. He's great to watch. I'll rue not having him fit and in our side but as long as he doesn't pull our pants down I want to see him go well from an entertainment point of view.

Hope he kicks 100 and Port win the spoon.
I don’t find it as easy to remove emotion from it. He would have been my favourite WC player before bong-gate then I waited 2 years for him to come back only for him to leave a season later all the while effectively shitting on the club in the process.

I wish him a career at the bottom of the ladder

To save everyone the trouble of reading it - the Good Friday game will be between North and “Vic powerhouse” Carlton replacing the Bulldogs

That Vic powerhouse has the second longest premiership drought behind perennial battlers St Kilda

And every club other than Gold Coast has played in a GF since Carlton lost to North in 1999 (also the last year North played in a decider)

They’ve only played finals 6 times in that period and won the spoon 5 times

They might have been a powerhouse last century but they’re nothing of the sort now

That Vic powerhouse has the second longest premiership drought behind perennial battlers St Kilda

Equal second to be fair.

Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

To save everyone the trouble of reading it - the Good Friday game will be between North and “Vic powerhouse” Carlton replacing the Bulldogs

And every club other than Gold Coast has played in a GF since Carlton lost to North in 1999 (also the last year North played in a decider)

They’ve only played finals 6 times in that period and won the spoon 5 times

They might have been a powerhouse last century but they’re nothing of the sort now

Also if they continue to improve it'll be as one-sided a game as the ones against the Bulldogs.

From a poster on the Port board:

Very disappointing if true. Dick

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He did that when he left.

People on this board whinging about how our standards have slipped, S&C is a shambles, medical team useless, etc.

Willie Rioli - "This is the most professional pre-season I've had in years."

WCE board - "* you Willie!!!"

I don’t find it as easy to remove emotion from it. He would have been my favourite WC player before bong-gate then I waited 2 years for him to come back only for him to leave a season later all the while effectively shitting on the club in the process.

I wish him a career at the bottom of the ladder

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back