Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't matter. I hope dev reflects on his decision with regret. I feel Schadenfreude

He could have been something and somebody

Right place right time wrong decision by dev.

Clay hall hopefully surpasses him soon

Last edited:

I don't recall Brisbane playing West Coast
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

That looked more like a contest between two mid-table also-rans, rather than a Grand Final re-match.

Collingwood were average, Brisbane were awful.

VFL timeslot made this game a kent to get to after work (Qld doesn't have daylight-saving, a 6:30pm start on a working day is horrible).

F*** knows what Fagan is trying to do with Brisbane at the moment. Becoming more convinced he might just be copying Simpson with a five year delay - now persisting with the land of the giants forward line despite results to the contrary. Expecting to see D.Robertson guarding grass as the defensive wing in coming weeks...

Magpies couldn't score unless they got a forward half stoppage. Lions stoppage setups away from the centre bounce were more akin to what you see in ammos - nobody blocks, nobody swaps, and full of the attitude of if the guy I'm meant to be on is going over there who cares because I reckon the ball is going this way anyhow... Collingwood were gifted many easy goals from complete defensive lapses as a result.

And it's much the same up forward, everyone for Brisbane is just looking after themselves rather than working to create lead-up space for their team-mates. So then the ball just gets bombed forward and nobody can take a mark.

More than anything I came away from the match thinking that something is very wrong with the Lions (both on and off the field) at the moment.

That looked more like a contest between two mid-table also-rans, rather than a Grand Final re-match.

Collingwood were average, Brisbane were awful.

VFL timeslot made this game a kent to get to after work (Qld doesn't have daylight-saving, a 6:30pm start on a working day is horrible).

F*** knows what Fagan is trying to do with Brisbane at the moment. Becoming more convinced he might just be copying Simpson with a five year delay - now persisting with the land of the giants forward line despite results to the contrary. Expecting to see D.Robertson guarding grass as the defensive wing in coming weeks...

Magpies couldn't score unless they got a forward half stoppage. Lions stoppage setups away from the centre bounce were more akin to what you see in ammos - nobody blocks, nobody swaps, and full of the attitude of if the guy I'm meant to be on is going over there who cares because I reckon the ball is going this way anyhow... Collingwood were gifted many easy goals from complete defensive lapses as a result.

And it's much the same up forward, everyone for Brisbane is just looking after themselves rather than working to create lead-up space for their team-mates. So then the ball just gets bombed forward and nobody can take a mark.

More than anything I came away from the match thinking that something is very wrong with the Lions (both on and off the field) at the moment.

Without McKenna and Coleman the lions had no run out of the backline bar from Zorko who charged out then stuffs up half of what he does by trying for ten metre kicks rather than taking distance at the worse…

All of Brisbane’s mids are one paced and there is no speed coming out of the middle when they have the ball making it difficult to spread and get contest to contest. Ad a flakey forward in hipwood and they might be in a world of pain for the next couple of years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They do 6pm starts here on weeknight games, just to make sure the people who may be watching it over-east are catered for, instead of the actual people going to the game.

* the AFL.

They do 6pm starts here on weeknight games, just to make sure the people who may be watching it over-east are catered for, instead of the actual people going to the game.

* the AFL.

I always said McGowan ****ed up in 2021 with the AFL GF.

Part of that deal needed to be better fixturing for WA clubs.

There should be an Optus game every week on Saturday night. It can alternate between fox/ch7 based on the match and how appealing it is from a broadcast perspective.

Let’s remember the 2021 GF brought in 40 million for AFL at a time when they needed additional cash flow. WA gov gave them a clean stadium deal where they made an absolute killing on corporate hospitality and from the bar revenue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always said McGowan ****ed up in 2021 with the AFL GF.

Part of that deal needed to be better fixturing for WA clubs.

There should be an Optus game every week on Saturday night. It can alternate between fox/ch7 based on the match and how appealing it is from a broadcast perspective.

Let’s remember the 2021 GF brought in 40 million for AFL at a time when they needed additional cash flow. WA gov gave them a clean stadium deal where they made an absolute killing on corporate hospitality and from the bar revenue.
McGowan seemed to take an active disinterest in footy and his arm had to be twisted off to even get the GF. No way he would have known or cared to negotiate on fixtures.

Carlton getting an armchair ride from the umps early. Dangerous tackle by McKay not called and Carlton got a goal from the ball spilling out

Carlton getting an armchair ride from the umps early. Dangerous tackle by McKay not called and Carlton got a goal from the ball spilling out

Curnow drops the ball there. No call.

Umpiring isn't that hard.

Umps just aren't paying enough holding the ball free's IMO.

Umps don't make the calls. Players get frustrated, out of desperation they hang on too long and bring the player to ground, get a free kick called against them.

Outstanding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back