Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows

Rather than take another step up, they now look very slow, can't defend when the opposition gets momentum, and without much in the younger ranks breaking through into the midfield, they appear at real risk of falling off the staircase entirely.
Sounds a lot like another team I could name but I'll leave who it is to your imagination. However, don't think it'll take a lot to work out who I'm referring to.

Think the Crom (and most of SA) were convinced they would continue to improve and drank a fair amount of their own bathwater during the offseason.

What they forgot was that R.Sloane and T.Walker would be 34 before the end of 2024, with B.Smith, R.Laird and M.Crouch 32, 30 and 29 respectively.

And they never addressed any of the existing deficiencies in their defence - indeed they let it get weaker when T.Doedee walked out to join Brisbane.

Rather than take another step up, they now look very slow, can't defend when the opposition gets momentum, and without much in the younger ranks breaking through into the midfield, they appear at real risk of falling off the staircase entirely.

After watching the crows tonight. Crows have 2 problems. You mentioned the backline. I agree.

they did use pick 6 in 2019 on Fischer McAsey. He didnt work out well in the end. Losing Tom Dodee sucked as he was that solid and versatile 188 cm defender that could play as that 3rd tall defender on a back pocket or back flank. He could pay CHB on some days too.

another issue is the midfield. name me the crows 3 best inside mids Barring sloane? Smith? Laird? Crouch?

Again, Crows chose McAsey at pick 6. Freo had picks 7 and 8 . dockers chose Hayden Young and Caleb serong.

Oh FFS now we have the Purples on our board swinging their dicks around, giving Adelaide a lesson on drafting.

( Trading McLeod for Groom lol ) ..... just one piece of history that doesn't flatter their draft and trading history.

Mods are way to soft:

When did we become a shelter for the homeless ?

Brizkent
Freomaniac
Dirty Bird

All on our Board ...... Mods please give them a ...... "Move On Notice" everyone knows that the vAFL funded homeless refuge is located on the North Melbourne Board.... subsidised free lodgings and handouts, no paper work, just stick your hand out .... all welcome there.

Last edited:
Oh FFS now we have the Purples on our board swinging their dicks around, giving Adelaide a lesson on drafting.

( Trading McLean for Groom lol ) ..... just one piece of history that doesn't flatter their draft and trading history.

Mods are way to soft:

Brizkent
Freomaniac
Dirty Bird

All on our Board ...... Mods please give them a ...... "Move On Notice" everyone knows that the vAFL funded homeless refuge is located on the North Melbourne Board.... subsidised free lodgings and handouts, no paper work, just stick your hand out .... all welcome there.
We're the only board that offers a rational discussion to oppo supporters, provided they're respectful.

They're fine I. A thread about oppo teams.

( Trading McLean for Groom lol ) ..... just one piece of history that doesn't flatter their draft and trading history.

Mods are way to soft:

Brizkent
Freomaniac
Dirty Bird

I quite like posters from other teams coming here. As long as they are respectful, it gives us a reality check. It adds to the colour of the board, especially when they get negative on us only for their own team to fall off a cliff ( eg any Freo supporter and Briztoon).

Mods are way to soft:

Brizkent
Freomaniac
Dirty Bird

To be fair, the drafting from Adelaide in their rebuild has not been very good.

Their recent rise to mid-table has been a product of D.Burgess' appointment getting more out of their veterans rather than a group of draftees maturing and taking the lead.

They could have had their midfield and forward lines completely set by now with the picks they have used.
Adelaide-Drafting.png

The crows are an excellent example of how successful we've been as a club. Across three distinct eras we've managed to win the chocolates. They're coming to the end of their most recent window, and once again have nothing to show for it.

Probability would suggest eventually we'll miss out during one of our windows. But I don't think it'll be the next one

Mods are way to soft:

Brizkent
Freomaniac
Dirty Bird

That's not the spirit of easter.

Mods are way to soft:

Brizkent
Freomaniac
Dirty Bird

I don’t see a problem here.

In fact if there was an issue we’d be dealing with reports, which is a function to utilise.

If you’re not happy report it. Then we can deal with it.

FYI, in this case, the report will be rejected.

Cheers.

The Soft Mod Team

Their recent rise to mid-table has been a product of D.Burgess' appointment getting more out of their veterans rather than a group of draftees maturing and taking the lead.

They could have had their midfield and forward lines completely set by now with the picks they have used.
View attachment 1943593

Butters and serong certainly would have been transformative.

Chad Warner can be used against anyone. If anyone knew he would be just half a player he actually is, he would have been drafted earlier. It was speculative and it paid off big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1943593

Don't necessarily disagree, but I reckon some of those crosses are pretty harsh. Guys like McHenry (who I'd prefer over Duursma who you have listed as a miss) Worrell and Pedlar have shown they can play, think they're more question marks than outright crosses imo

Thilthorpe has been fine for a big guy too, main issue is injury. He's looked good the games I've watched

McAsey was a howler and everyone but the Crows seemed to know it at the time too

Mods are way to soft:

Brizkent
Freomaniac
Dirty Bird

Is there a joke here I'm missing ?

Melbourne
Brisbane
Sydney

Great week for the AFL and eastern states so far.
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back