Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex looks like the shadow of the player that dominated us lst season. Pearce has put on a clinic

Crows sorta looking like freo last year after looking so good the previous year. Albeit they didn’t make finals the year before like Freo did

Crows were the highest scoring team last year and still missed the 8. So their defence is awful.

Walker was lucky to still be on the list last year after some really poor seasons and had a career year but has reverted and they've lost Thriller too.

Seems obvious in hindsight they might struggle

Think the Crom (and most of SA) were convinced they would continue to improve and drank a fair amount of their own bathwater during the offseason.

What they forgot was that R.Sloane and T.Walker would be 34 before the end of 2024, with B.Smith, R.Laird and M.Crouch 32, 30 and 29 respectively.

And they never addressed any of the existing deficiencies in their defence - indeed they let it get weaker when T.Doedee walked out to join Brisbane.

Rather than take another step up, they now look very slow, can't defend when the opposition gets momentum, and without much in the younger ranks breaking through into the midfield, they appear at real risk of falling off the staircase entirely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can say after being at the Gabba last night and seeing Lions players go out of their way to not work for each other that something has definitely happened to cause animus within the group.

Whether it was this however, remains to be verified. Hilarious if true though.
It's not being shut down by the Lions board gestapo, so I'd say there's a fair bit of truth to it. Looks like Rayner has split from his mrs. Some conjecture whether Hipwood has split from his mrs, but they listed their place for sale recently.

Cameron has been a shadow of himself this year.

Separate to this. Also a rumor that Fagan read the riot act to the lot of them this week, as off field standards are rumoured to have slipped.

Finally, Fagan has never ever thrown a player or the team under the bus in a post match press conference. He sort of did last night.

The three sides Fremantle have beaten this are all winless

The two sides we’ve lost to are unbeaten

navi_

Curious as to why you disagreed with the above. It’s a statement of fact. Look it up

Fremantle beat Brisbane, North and Adelaide who’ve all lost 3 games each

We’ve played Port and GWS who have both won their games

It's not being shut down by the Lions board gestapo, so I'd say there's a fair bit of truth to it. Looks like Rayner has split from his mrs. Some conjecture whether Hipwood has split from his mrs, but they listed their place for sale recently.

Cameron has been a shadow of himself this year.

Separate to this. Also a rumor that Fagan read the riot act to the lot of them this week, as off field standards are rumoured to have slipped.

Finally, Fagan has never ever thrown a player or the team under the bus in a post match press conference. He sort of did last night.

A team that fractures off field is screwed

My long held belief is that issues developed within the West Coast playing group during the first hub in 2020 that by the midpoint of 2021 became festering sores. What followed was us tumbling out of finals and a 2021 B&F speech by Simpson talking about unity/having each others backs

If the rumours are true, Fagan has a massive job on his hands

navi_

Curious as to why you disagreed with the above. It’s a statement of fact. Look it up

Fremantle beat Brisbane, North and Adelaide who’ve all lost 3 games each

We’ve played Port and GWS who have both won their games
We're 3 rounds in, mathematically if you win all 3 games its likely your opposition has lost all their games too.

Just seems like a meaningless point to make so early on.

Like wow GWS beat Collingwood and north at home as well as us and Port have beat us and checks notes Richmond!

Oh the inequality

A team that fractures off field is screwed

My long held belief is that issues developed within the West Coast playing group during the first hub in 2020 that by the midpoint of 2021 became festering sores.
I have a different opinion on that, but that's for another time.
What followed was us tumbling out of finals and a 2021 B&F speech by Simpson talking about unity/having each others backs

If the rumours are true, Fagan has a massive job on his hands
Fagan might not be the man up for this job. And that's scary for a lot of Brisbane fans.

Things have slowly gone down hill since Noble left for North. First problem was appointing an assistant coach under Fagan, as Noble's replacement, and in theory Fagans direct boss.

FWIW this is what Brisbane are saying about it from an article in the Herald Sun

Lions chief executive Greg Swann said he did not know if the WhatsApp group chat used in the US had been accidentally uploaded to iCloud and accessed back home.

But Swann emphatically shot down suggestions that the November trip was hampering the club on the field.

“If the question is, ‘Is there a split in a group?’ Well, no there isn’t,” Swann told the Herald Sun.

“It’s just bulls***. There’s no split in the group. This was in November, by the way. It’s not the reason we’re going no good.

“We’re not horrible, by the way. It’s just that a few of our good blokes are out of form.

“We asked all the leaders again today and they said, ‘No, there’s nothing in it at all’ in terms of a split in the group.”

OOC - Have you guys checked your trophy cabinet recently?

I noticed Freo were waving 3 flags on the roof of the stadium today, but I didn't think they had any.
Did they steal yours?

OOC - Have you guys checked your trophy cabinet recently?

I noticed Freo were waving 3 flags on the roof of the stadium today, but I didn't think they had any.
Did they steal yours?

1 for Rhys Palmer's Rising Star

1 for Peel's WAFL Premiership

1 for their last Derby win

Fremantle are sloppy but they back each other in and work their arses off to make the poor handball or kick work. They run hand to give their team mates an option..a fair bit of "making their own luck" going on.

I think they will still be bottom of the 8 or just miss but they are light years ahead of us.

Really like Amiss. They have landed a good one there for sure after a lot of misses.

Called it early when we played out preseason game. Crows are going nowhere again this year.

The three sides Fremantle have beaten this are all winless

The two sides we’ve lost to are unbeaten

1 for Rhys Palmer's Rising Star

1 for Peel's WAFL Premiership

1 for their last Derby win
Purple peanut drops the ball in a tackle, gets paid for a hold. All around clown show
Having to play for freo is rough and changes people. Its like before and after Meth mugshots. lol

Chris_6678 even agrees lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back