Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions can't travel, have very little pace, have questionable fitness, struggle move the ball forward without K.Coleman, and their attack is completely unreliable.

Several senior players starting the season in poor form. Time for the Lions coaching to earn their keep.

Fair effort by C.Serong too - 46 disposals, 21 contested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could of had it all.

I have no sympathy for the dude. Could have came over and he had keys to captaincy. The right age and the right time.

Could have lead the new age with Haley reid but he took personal glory
"Keys to the captaincy"!
Turn it up.

I know you had a hard on for him and wanted him at the club, but he's bog average.

He's shown loyalty to the club who drafted him.
Not sure you can bag someone for that.

Last edited:
How'd the other debutants go in round 1? Sounds like Sanders had a rough introduction.
Sanders got 15 touches and 2 clearances.

Watson had 5 disposals for 3 behinds.

McKercher got 22 disposals to go with 8 marks. No clearances.

Duursma got 10 disposals for 2 goals 1 behind.

Collard got zero disposals for 3 metres gained(?)...

Not sure on any others.

Sanders got 15 touches and 2 clearances.

Watson had 5 disposals for 3 behinds.

McKercher got 22 disposals to go with 8 marks. No clearances.

Duursma got 10 disposals for 2 goals 1 behind.

Collard got zero disposals for 3 metres gained(?)...

Not sure on any others.

Oliver Dempsey kicked 3 goals from 15 disposals for Geelong

Qualifies by 7 days (turned 21 on 7/1) and players have to be under 21 on January 1st to be eligible. He’s also played less than 10 games

Dare say he’ll get the nom this week

Oliver Dempsey kicked 3 goals from 15 disposals for Geelong

Qualifies by 7 days (turned 21 on 7/1) and players have to be under 21 on January 1st to be eligible. He’s also played less than 10 games

Dare say he’ll get the nom this week

That's grim. Patiently waiting for old men Cats to drop off and they bag the R1 RS nom with some kid I've never even heard of

How'd the other debutants go in round 1? Sounds like Sanders had a rough introduction.
From what I briefly saw he looked alright, was subbed out pretty early second half I think - classic Bevo

He could of had it all.

I have no sympathy for the dude. Could have came over and he had keys to captaincy. The right age and the right time.

Could have lead the new age with Haley reid but he took personal glory

?? It’s not clear whether he will be a long term afl player, let alone captain.

Seems like the less he plays, or worse he plays, the greater the sense of his abilities. As though lions have a Patrick Cripps that they don’t know about.

Odds are he is bog average. Even fagan was surprised and people thought this was bullish on him.

Fagan thinking: “4 year contract and game time and you turned it down Deven? You do realise we have fletchers and ashcrofts that will be picked ahead of you? I wouldn’t have turned it down but happy for the depth just in case”.

That’s what everyone else is thinking!

Last edited:
?? It’s not clear whether he will be a long term afl player, let alone captain.

Seems like the less he plays, or worse he plays, the greater the sense of his abilities. As though lions have a Patrick Cripps that they don’t know about.

Odds are he is bog average. Even fagan was surprised and people thought this was bullish on him.

Fagan thinking: “4 year contract and game time and you turned it down Deven? You do realise we have fletchers and ashcrofts that will be picked ahead of you? I wouldn’t have turned it down but happy for the depth just in case”.

That’s what everyone else is thinking!
Brisbane probably felt bad we took witherden off their hands, and they couldnt do it to us again with deven

Remove this Banner Ad

Back