Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is so good

Just pure joy and making sure he gives back to the fans

And love seeing these young blokes from Kenya/South Sudan coming through the system

I actually love this, too quick are teams just down the race into the rooms a lot of the time.
Hang out there for a quick minute, do some photos, sign some stuff then get in the room for the song.
Also love that the kids there were eager for his time, wasn't some vet player who has been around forever.

And love seeing these young blokes from Kenya/South Sudan coming through the system

Was thinking the same thing earlier - great to see all these kids with African backgrounds in the league.

Essendon are so god damn average for a team in the top 2. How the hell are you gonna struggle beating West Coast and Richmond?

I'd still hold my breath on them winning final..even with the double chance.
Their draw has been the reverse of ours. They’ve got a lot of good opponents ahead.
Reckon they’ll finish seventh or lower. At a pinch miss the eight - given there’s so many teams separated on the ladder by only a few points (and if it matters their percentage is terrible).

Yeah I’m not sure why everyone’s frothing to cough up a first round pick. He’s decent but no way worth a first rounder. Basically Duggan
No one is saying we give up a first round pick .

From all the posts I have read its clear that people would be happy to have Baker as long as we keep and don't split our first round pick

Essendon are so god damn average for a team in the top 2. How the hell are you gonna struggle beating West Coast and Richmond?

I'd still hold my breath on them winning final..even with the double chance.
If essendon gets the double chance but goes out in straight sets that would be chefs kiss 🤌

Shifting them to be the new Tasmania team just seems a very obvious solution.
  • keeps an even number of teams in the comp
  • less draft compromising to build Tasmania's team as they can start with North's list
  • North have already been playing games there for a decade.
  • one less poverty club for the rest of the league to prop up.

And everyone knows it. More obvious than South Melbourne to Sydney, more obvious than Fitzroy to Brisbane.

Even deep in their collective tiny little hearts the Norf supporters know it too. They'll never admit it, but deep down inside where lies cannot survive they know it's true.

But the AFL won't let it happen.

I disagree. Tasmania is a traditional footy state and deserves its own team built from scratch that the entire state can get round and support. Having its own team will do wonders for the state and will no doubt have an influence on junior pathways, development and the like. Sending some has-been, sloppy seconds club from Victoria would be an insult and won't endear the Tasmanian public to the competition.

Personally, the AFL should revert to a 14-16 club competition and enhance the league's elite nature. This won't happen for obvious reasons, so the AFL should really be looking to fold irrelevant clubs like North Melbourne and St. Kilda, who frankly are a blight on the competition and a drain on the AFL's finances. The league is not going to lose much from folding these clubs and will be able to dedicate resources to growth markets such as Tasmania and Canberra (Riverina) which have a lot of potential and will enhance the standing of the game in those states. The time has come to look to expand the competition into markets which will strengthen the game and not prop up clubs in Victoria which add little to the AFL's overall landscape.

Last edited:
I disagree. Tasmania is a traditional footy state and deserves its own team built from scratch that the entire state can get round and support. Having its own team will do wonders for the state and will no doubt have an influence on junior pathways, development and the like. Sending some has-been, sloppy seconds club from Victoria would be an insult and won't endear the Tasmanian public to the competition.

Personally, the AFL should revert to a 14-16 club competition and enhance the league's elite nature. This won't happen for obvious reasons, so the AFL should really be looking to fold irrelevant clubs like North Melbourne and St. Kilda, who frankly are a blight on the competition and a drain on the AFL's finances. The league is not going to lose much from folding these clubs and will be able to dedicate resources to growth markets such as Tasmania and Canberra (Riverina) which have a lot of potential and will enhance the standing of the game in those states. The time has come to look to expand the competition into markets which will strengthen the game and not prop up clubs in Victoria which add little to the AFL's overall landscape.
St. Kilda and North are the obvious choices in terms of struggling Vic clubs. St. Kildas' debt situation is out of control and North can't spend an $$$ on there football department without racking up debt.

Both are obvious and should have been delt with years ago.

Agree with you about the Tassie team and having there own true team and not some 3rd rate flop team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the sentiment but will never happen. The league is simply an expanded vfl.

Once upon a time Collingwood played in Geelong too.
Interesting it was a time they were good - they played in multiple grand finals over that era. Looks like we had their number everywhere.

Re tasi v North.
Agree both that North should move... And tasi deserve their own team. But unless you have a bears/ lions merge can't have both.

Move north, but still giving them a new stadium. Embrace the new colours at home, wear blue and white away.

Or...if not.. Sorry Roos. But just go back to VFL

Interesting it was a time they were good - they played in multiple grand finals over that era. Looks like we had their number everywhere.

Re tasi v North.
Agree both that North should move... And tasi deserve their own team. But unless you have a bears/ lions merge can't have both.

Move north, but still giving them a new stadium. Embrace the new colours at home, wear blue and white away.

Or...if not.. Sorry Roos. But just go back to VFL
Merge em with one of the Saints or Dogs and send them to either Canberra or a "North Australia team". Goes back to 18 teams, and balances the distribution a bit more. 8 victorian, 10 non victorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back