Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a poor decision.
It's been a bad night for umpiring, they are basically ignoring holding the ball/incorrect disposal
I agreed at first glance but his shoulder did hit the bulldogs player. Is the unp technically correct (as much as I dislike the decision)?

i know dunking on nathan brown is easy (see: @TrackMyBrown) but I swear for the last month on a Thursday ahead of the Friday game, he's just said "the last few weeks (team X) has had a half back flanker get a heap of the ball, bet on half ball flanker from (team Y) to get a heap of the ball!". god this betting **** sucks

I agreed at first glance but his shoulder did hit the bulldogs player. Is the unp technically correct (as much as I dislike the decision)?
Kust went back and watched the replay about 10 times. 😆
It is probably technically correct based on whatever wording is currently doing the rounds.
My issues are; from where he was standing the umpire basically couldn't see that so he has guessed based on force of contact, and I guarantee that you'll see more blatant high tackles missed over the course of this weekend.

It's a stupidly hard game to umpire, but they really do themselves no favours a lot of the time.

I thought it was a poor decision.
It's been a bad night for umpiring, they are basically ignoring holding the ball/incorrect disposal
Accross the whole comp they are ignoring holding the ball/incorrect disposal. Need to start rewarding the tackler. Everyone I speak to is saying it. Even the commentators are. Leigh Matthews has blasted it on numerous occasions.

It must be a direction, much too noticeable. It is either to keep the game flowing at all costs or trying to discourage tackling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did they fall out of love with the Swans?
dont think they did but Dogs have definitely been their number 1 for the last few seasons.
In all seriousness though I think the reason the dogs free kick differential has dropped off so much this year is because their midfield group havent been performing at their best. They do stage for frees a lot but you need to be first to the ball in first place to get the holding, high and in the back calls the dogs mids usually milk.

Haha yeah didnt want to mention that. Again i think we are being rewarded a bit for being first to the ball this year
think also we just don't give away too many free kicks, even from an almost unbiased perspective we're pretty clean players

AFL360 in particular blew my mind last night. Robbo saying the Franga guy should have braced. Gerard saying there was no malice. Both saying they'd be fine with 4 weeks.

What the heck? For that action and those injuries? When they were entirely comfortable with Wright's punishment that was far more a football action and much less injury consequences

Just on this,
When it comes to certain media members changing their tune on something they are usually strong on I sometimes wonder if they share agents with the player that's involved.
It would make sense why on some issues people put kid gloves on or temper their commentary.

The Parker incident was exactly the act that we should be harshy criticizing in every format, it's the wright and green, and unfortunate player whos unlucky in a tackle that we should discuss with nuance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back