Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a dad yet, so maybe this has something to do with my thoughts on it. But I don't think you should be bringing up your kids on stage to receive your medal.

And another probably unpopular opinion, I'm not a big fan of kids presenting the medals to the players either. Would much prefer a club champion to do that.

I'm not a dad yet, so maybe this has something to do with my thoughts on it. But I don't think you should be bringing up your kids on stage to receive your medal.

And another probably unpopular opinion, I'm not a big fan of kids presenting the medals to the players either. Would much prefer a club champion to do that.
I'm with you on every part of that post.

Back in my day....

You might not have kids but sounds like you're perfect grandparent material already.

I do agree though.

been watching a lot of footy since 89. I can't recall a better team over 3 years.
We still hold the most dominant of all seasons, but this has to be the most dominant era in the AFL.

they might lose Hale from this team, with Ceglar in waiting.
Mitchell and Hodge haven't slowed. Hartung, Anderson, O'Rourke coming through

4 is on the cards. I can't help but be impressed.
There is a big gulf in quality between those groups.

Loved Lewis bringing his kid onto the ground - thought it was a lovely moment and something that he can reminisce about in future years. It's not all about the football club. Families play a significant role all season and I'm happy that Hawthorn acknowledged and celebrated the win with those closest to them.

If I were in their position, I'd do the same thing.

Mitchell,Hodge,Burgoyne,Hale,Lewis etc all 30+

They will be the next Geelong not totally bottom out but in that 7th to 12th range.

I think the current Hawks have at least one more top four season before the young ones will need to step up, I see them in contention for a few more seasons, Geelong made a mistake delisting Chappy and appear to have repeated the mistake with Stevie J

If they want to

I think the current Hawks have at least one more top four season before the young ones will need to step up, I see them in contention for a few more seasons, Geelong made a mistake delisting Chappy and appear to have repeated the mistake with Stevie J

Yeah i think the Hawks have 1 more in them.

Imo winning so many flags with out a challenge from the opposition would start to get boring.

The families (particularly kids) on the ground and accompanying a dad onto the dias is potentially a safety issue as much as anything else. I'm looking at you, Frank Lowy. Were a child involved in something similar it'd be a disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The families (particularly kids) on the ground and accompanying a dad onto the dias is potentially a safety issue as much as anything else. I'm looking at you, Frank Lowy. Were a child involved in something similar it'd be a disaster.
Don't look at Lowy, look at the bloke who signed it off as being a good idea

Why the hell were people watching them get medals? Surely you could have gone outside or something
My mate (Hawthorn fan) showed me a picture.

Oh My God ! Thurston's conversion to win the game after full time hit the woodwork - Then he recovers his composure in extra time to score the Golden Goal.

Now that was a GF for the ages. Epic last few minutes.
I thought that the kick after the siren was through.
Golden Point

Sensational

Jonathan Thurston what a champion
I couldn't be happier for him. If there were one team I'd have seen win it outside of Storm it was them.

Oh My God ! Thurston's conversion to win the game after full time hit the woodwork - Then he recovers his composure in extra time to score the Golden Goal.
They weren't that good though, they lost games during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back