Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood strolling in to a GF on the back of the most undeserved run of finals luck ever :mad:

The luck started for them before that, they were on the ropes afetr round 19 losing to Richmond in the Wet by five goals and then got Gold Coast and Melbourne which got them back in form, then Hawthorn upset the Eagles, throw in an MCG final against us off the bye.

In racing terms got given the biggest inside rail run of all time.

Think they had alot of players who didn't have 4 quarters in them for our final and have not a lot of match practice, Saturday's final is going to be closer than people think.

The luck started for them before that, they were on the ropes afetr round 19 losing to Richmond in the Wet by five goals and then got Gold Coast and Melbourne which got them back in form, then Hawthorn upset the Eagles, throw in an MCG final against us off the bye.

In racing terms got given the biggest inside rail run of all time.

Think they had alot of players who didn't have 4 quarters in them for our final and have not a lot of match practice, Saturday's final is going to be closer than people think.
Still think it’ll be close on Saturday.

Thanks to us it's likely the Pies have an armchair ride into the big dance. However, there are some serious positives here. It's very likely we get to witness yet another Collingwood GF loss. And 2 in a row with FIGJAM Buckley at the helm. 02, 03, 11, 18....19? They even needed a second week to win the 2010 flag. They're GF floppers, the Pies. How sweet it'll be to see more GF heartbreak on Eddie McGuire's face..

This is why I'd love to see alternative footage of the Hawkins/Schofield incident, because I haven't seen this footage before of the Greene/Neale incident and it may be a key reason for Greene's suspension being upheld - definitely looks like a raking motion across the eyes but maybe it was more careless than intentional. This was the initial report: Match Review Officer Michael Christian assessed Green's action as intentional conduct, with low impact and high contact.

This is what Greene & his legal team last night arguing the following ideas:
- there was no contact to the face
- Greene punched a teammate in the nose
- it was a teammate who may have made contact to Neale's face
- "OR" if there was any contact that it was careless & negligible

maybe instead they needed to try to plead down the intent to negligent or careless instead because it seems that footage does show raking across the eyes...

Thanks to us it's likely the Pies have an armchair ride into the big dance. However, there are some serious positives here. It's very likely we get to witness yet another Collingwood GF loss. And 2 in a row with FIGJAM Buckley at the helm. 02, 03, 11, 18....19? They even needed a second week to win the 2010 flag. They're GF floppers, the Pies. How sweet it'll be to see more GF heartbreak on Eddie McGuire's face..
I'd prefer them to smash the cocky and loud Tigers.

I don't think the Pies will get near the Tigers, personally. A few weeks ago, I would have barracked hard for the Pies against the Tigers in a GF. But I've changed my tune now. I'm just sick to death of Eddie Mcguire criticising everything Geelong. He keeps banging on about what a joke it is that we should get home finals in Geelong. Then there was the whole shorts thing and most recently, he did his best to have Hawkins hanged. He's still salty about 2011.

I've had enough of him and I can't wait to see more GF heartache for that arrogant campaigner.

I've said it since we lost the QF and Richmond won theirs, that the winner of our Prelim final will win the flag. I actually think GWS could upset Collingwood, but even if they didn't I can't see Collingwood lasting 4 quarters against Richmond, and I think we won't make the same mistake from the QF which was not playing a ruckman that gifted them about 4 goals.

I think Collingwood will win by about 12 goals

Reasons - the ruck - Mumford against the Lions looked like a bush footballer - and his fitness at the end - he was like a racehorse having its 1st run in about 9 months - he blew up that badly - Grundie is going to have a field day - like the Lions ruckman did

No Whitfield - an all Australian player - possibly no Greene - GWS ( look good on paper ) have consistently come to the MCG ( even on the back of a win ) and then been towelled up - terribly dissappointing . Their performance in Canberra against Hawthorn was beyond shocking - cant handle pressure

To borrow a line - i think this will be cake walk - 2010PF revisited - game over - and very early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Collingwood will win by about 12 goals

Reasons - the ruck - Mumford against the Lions looked like a bush footballer - and his fitness at the end - he was like a racehorse having its 1st run in about 9 months - he blew up that badly - Grundie is going to have a field day - like the Lions ruckman did

No Whitfield - an all Australian player - possibly no Greene - GWS ( look good on paper ) have consistently come to the MCG ( even on the back of a win ) and then been towelled up - terribly dissappointing . Their performance in Canberra against Hawthorn was beyond shocking - cant handle pressure

To borrow a line - i think this will be cake walk - 2010PF revisited - game over - and very early

Me too.

GWS has never been close to winning a final at the MCG and this weekend will be no exception.

Just watching collingwood vs geelong and im startled by how good nathan ablett could have been.

Would've loved to see how a Nathan Ablett-Tom Hawkins forward duo would've gone over the last decade or so.

Same here - if we fall short Friday night - i will be right behind the Magpies next week

I could never ever barrack for Richmond against anyone - even if they played Hawthorn in a GF - i wouldnt be actually clapping the Hawks goals - but i would still want Richmond to get beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back