Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victorian coach Damien Hardwick and All Stars counterpart John Longmire will then select their squads of 27 on Tuesday, February 18. A maximum of three players per AFL club will be eligible to feature across the two playing lists.

The final teams will be announced on AFL.com.au on Wednesday, February 26.

Each team will have a starting 18, six interchange players and three emergencies.

A player's best and fairest finish and the 2019 Virgin Australia AFL All-Australian squad were heavily favoured in the process of selecting eight names from each club on Wednesday.

The match will start at 7.50pm AEDT with an NAB AFL Women's match for premiership points between Collingwood and Melbourne to be played as a curtain raiser at 5.40pm.

Both teams will train at Marvel Stadium on Thursday, February 27.

Details on ticket sales for the match are expected to be announced in coming days.

The match will be broadcast on Channel Seven, Fox Footy, the AFL Live Official App, Kayo and various radio partners.

My experience of being hassled for having long hair came from my school days.
Christian Brothers tried to break me - with detentions and physical damage.
Just let nature take it's course, like it eventually did for me.
Joeys boy?
If so, could compare notes.
All I'm saying is, I prefer the aero look.
Each to his own.

Last edited:
No way, dead serious..

how good!

You are way too enthusiastic about ugly haircuts, but I guess happiness is wherever we manage to find it.

I'm going to let the obvious furphy of aerodynamics slide, because I have more respect for you than the amount that would make me think you're being serious.

You are way too enthusiastic about ugly haircuts, but I guess happiness is wherever we manage to find it.

I'm going to let the obvious furphy of aerodynamics slide, because I have more respect for you than the amount that would make me think you're being serious.
Appreciate the compliment.
But
I did hear his interview (am a City supporter) and he mentioned the speed factor.
Running around with a heavy wet sweaty nest on your head and on your shoulders has got to slow you down.

Appreciate the compliment.
But
I did hear his interview (am a City supporter) and he mentioned the speed factor.
Running around with a heavy wet sweaty nest on your head and on your shoulders has got to slow you down.

The difference it would make would be so irrelevantly marginal, even at the highest levels - and we're not even dealing with athletes who are actually built or specifically training for speed.

Also it's hair dude. If your hair is in any way significantly heavy then it's because you've got something other than hair up there.

The difference it would make would be so irrelevantly marginal, even at the highest levels - and we're not even dealing with athletes who are actually built or specifically training for speed.

Also it's hair dude. If your hair is in any way significantly heavy then it's because you've got something other than hair up there.
I reckon one of those bee hive doos from the sixties would slow you down a little bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are taking this too seriously, but take it as gospel, it can make a significant difference having less hair (both on the head and elsewhere to a lesser extent).
And soccer, footy players are reliant on speed and acceleration.
Even the fact that there is less chance of being tackled by the hair is a factor.

You are taking this too seriously, but take it as gospel, it can make a significant difference having less hair (both on the head and elsewhere to a lesser extent).
And soccer, footy players are reliant on speed and acceleration.
Even the fact that there is less chance of being tackled by the hair is a factor.

Yeah if either soccer or footy players were ever being tackled by the hair I guess you might have something approaching a valid point.

But to seriously believe it makes them any faster would be delusional. Just admit you like how it looks better and move on, weird as it is.

Yeah if either soccer or footy players were ever being tackled by the hair I guess you might have something approaching a valid point.

But to seriously believe it makes them any faster would be delusional. Just admit you like how it looks better and move on, weird as it is.
It's very off season, but, We shall move on.

But when you see guys wiping hair away from their eyes, having to wear hair bands...
if Guthrie turns up this year with a Chappy head, I will be stunned, but it could also be a sign of a more mature commitment to the task at hand.
Btw, I quite liked the look of GAJ with his full mop of flowing blond hair, causing mayhem to opposition backs, and yes, I don't like the Blic look, yet Miers seems to look appropriate.
Heppell looks so different now. He never looked that bad to me with the hair.
It is not a universal dislike.
And there is no doubt that players think they are quicker when they go the big cut. And if they think that, they will behave like that.
Every bit helps as the years advance.

Last edited:
Vic vs All Stars confirmed:

Victoria will play an All Stars line-up on Friday February 28, with money raised to boost a Community Relief Fund set-up by the AFL to help rebuild football facilities ripped apart by the national crisis.

Richmond premiership coach Damien Hardwick will lead the Victorians and Sydney counterpart John Longmire will coach the All Stars in the match to be staged at Marvel Stadium.

There will be a maximum of three players per AFL club eligible to take part in the match to ensure minimal disruption to club's pre-season plans just 20 days before round one.

The match will be broadcast on Channel Seven, Fox Footy, the AFL Live Official App, Kayo and various radio partners.

Gee there are a few punchable heads in that lot. C Brown for example

Metallica got way slower after cutting their hair.
Lewis Hamilton has got even faster since he's grown his.
I think the Guthrie thing though is more cause it looks stupid. Not cause it's long.

Metallica got way slower after cutting their hair.
Lewis Hamilton has got even faster since he's grown his.
I think the Guthrie thing though is more cause it looks stupid. Not cause it's long.
GAJ, Chappy, Harley
Better with or without hair?
I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back