Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are fair dinkum dead set BOG….
Pies on the ropes no Mitchell no JDG….
They 💩 their pants.
Like I said earlier, they have no legitimate avenue forward other then to go to Curnow and McKay.

Like I said earlier, they have no legitimate avenue forward other then to go to Curnow and McKay.
I just think of how much pressure it puts on your talls when your small forwards aren't particularly threatening.

How many situations do they get on where bringing out to ground isn't an advantage versus how many do we get in and at ground level it's Stengle or Miers or Close? How many times do they try to out-mark lower % opportunities and how long before failing in that gets in their heads?

Weitering is exceptional. Saad and McGovern will be back by the time we get them again.

Collingwood get De Goey back

Magpies have to make a decision with Miocheck - hes been good value for them , but looks now too heavy and just about had it - he did very little for them tonight and looks slow and cumbersome

If they had a decent key forward tonight Coll , then they win by 6 goals

They will throw everything they have to get Stengle I still don’t see where they will get the money tbh
Based on reports they are already negotiating keeping him at the Cats.
I imagine Carlton will make a call but doubt he leaves unless they blow us out of the water on money in which case…..where is the money coming from?

Don’t see how it happens without the good old paper bags….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on reports they are already negotiating keeping him at the Cats.
I imagine Carlton will make a call but doubt he leaves unless they blow us out of the water on money in which case…..where is the money coming from?

Don’t see how it happens without the good old paper bags….
Only thing I could see is a longer term contract that they could offer

Magpies have to make a decision with Miocheck - hes been good value for them , but looks now too heavy and just about had it - he did very little for them tonight and looks slow and cumbersome

They have no kpfs coming through they cant drop mihocek.

pity maybe they shouldn’t had traded away one ;)
Mate they chose Ash Johnson ahead of him. They made their bed

Edit: just did a where are they now and Ash has kicked 4 goals from his 5 vfl games this year. Ollie has 9 from his last 5 AFL games. Neale has 13 from his last 5 vfl games even ignoring his 3 in the seniors.

Last edited:

Nearly bog in the draw v Bombers. Not gone yet. Just did not kick straight on ANZAC Day.

Long way to go before that happens. Ablett’s longevity at the highest level was amazing-let’s see how daicos goes.
Agreed, but GAJ in his first 3 seasons was nowhere near this level.

Nick Daicos-The closest talent to GAJ I have seen for a while, and given his age, will likely surpass him.
Ablett Jr was possibly the best player of the last 20 years.
Daicos is an excellent player and I like him but he has a long way to go to reach the dizzying heights of GAJ and unless he stops flopping every time he senses contact, he will never get there. It’s a massive blight on his game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back