Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably 3 weeks on account of playing for a Victorian club.
You’ve got to go back to the incident last year where Pickett launched himself at Bailey Smiths head and only got 2 weeks. Was a terrible decision at the time, only saved by the fact that Smith jumped back to his feet.

Apparently those tweets from the family were deleted quickly, I can understand a knee jerk reaction to defend your sibling/son etc. I wouldn't be condemning them for it at all.

Apparently those tweets from the family were deleted quickly, I can understand a knee jerk reaction to defend your sibling/son etc. I wouldn't be condemning them for it at all.
My previous comment is (mostly) tongue in cheek. Off field actions should never come into it, and I'm including things like whether the player "reaches out to apologise" or "is of sound character" or whatnot. Keep it simple: Penalise the action. Everything else should be irrelevant, however we've seen all to often that it is not.

Maybe we need AI to be on the tribunal panel. Who knows we might actually get some consistent decisions.

The only thing outside of the incident that should be accounted for is the players history. Repeat offenders should get higher penalties (and not less for good behaviour)
Yes I agree with this. My oversight. On the flipside tho, I would be ok with a bit of leniency if they've had say a 5+ year career and never even been fined.

Like, that's what we'd be saying (demanding, even) if a clean skin like Hugh McCluggage accidentally upended someone in a tackle gone all wrong. Whereas if Dayne Zorko did the same thing I think we'd have (and expect) less sympathy. Not that it would stop us complaining about the treatment he would get from the Vic meeja as a result.

Surely if they had half a brain cell they’d be concerned about head injuries more than the general public and maybe just shut their mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a good bloke and he was remorseful and sent him flowers
Ironic that Lachie would've won 3 Brownlows running if justice was served.

That's unprecedented.

I think maybe we underestimate how good Lachie actually is . The umps who are right there in the midst of it all obviously see something very special.

Ironic that Lachie would've won 3 Brownlows running if justice was served.

That's unprecedented.

I think maybe we underestimate how good Lachie actually is . The umps who are right there in the midst of it all obviously see something very special.
2020, 2022, 2023? Missing one there. ;)

That aside if Neale had won in 2022 he wouldn't have won in 2023 - the umpires give charity votes to near winners and less to the previous winner.

2020, 2022, 2023? Missing one there. ;)

That aside if Neale had won in 2022 he wouldn't have won in 2023 - the umpires give charity votes to near winners and less to the previous winner.
Oh yeah.

Well then it could've been 4 if he didn't get injured.

Unsure about the charities. I'm not all that clued up about what's in the umps heads but there was one glaring anomaly last year and then other times where he could've and didn't get votes. We won a lot of games and they clearly loved many of his.

It was a semi surprise for sure but not totally without merit. He was 5th or 6th fave with the books.

Oh yeah.

Well then it could've been 4 if he didn't get injured.

Unsure about the charities. I'm not all that clued up about what's in the umps heads but there was one glaring anomaly last year and then other times where he could've and didn't get votes. We won a lot of games and they clearly loved many of his.

It was a semi surprise for sure but not totally without merit. He was 5th or 6th fave with the books.
Not good enough for an AA Guernsey last year though :mad:

Happy 2024 Brions fans.
Just popping in to wish your boys luck this year and would love to see a rematch at the end of the season to give the Pies a chance at proper revenge for your last two wins over us in the big one.

Truly epic game last year, but there is also a growing link between the two clubs with Matthews coaching both to flags and now one of your own champions a Magpies greats a well, not to mention the now legendary Crisp for Beams, greatest steak knives trade of possibly all time.

Come on the footy and Go Pies!:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back