North Melbourne wants Nathan Buckley decision in weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no source in Barrett's piece. Its Caroesque.

Could be planted to suit an agenda.

Whose agenda?

That's a very good point. I know Barrett is close to the club, yet it's puzzling why he didn't grab any quotes from Euge or JB.

Thanks for the kind words.

It's one thing when you come here to defend Richmond using factual information, albeit annoying at times when you compare Tambling to Wells and other pointless comparisons.

But it's certainly another thing to have a go at our process (calling the club desperate) when it has FA to do with Richmond. Where is the desperation in suggesting to Buckley's manager that we would like to hear from them within the next 3 weeks? It's common sense.

If anything you can see how desperate Richmond is to be seen to be doing the right thing in the light of Wallace appointment. I reckon if I applied for the Richmond job today I too would be told to send in my CV and go through "the Process" like everyone else. Richmond could have the best coach staring them in the face right now yet hey would not appoint him without giving another dozen people a chance to go through "the process".

There was nothing wrong with what I posted, was just giving my thoughts on the matter. Good to see the usual immature responses thrown back at me continue by North posters. I thought the Carlton board was bad, don't agree with everything 100% North related and your out.

That's not strictly true, but you do seem to be struggling with the idea of club boards. We come here to talk among ourselves about the club we all love, and to disagree passionately about what it's up to. If we want to get into pointless banter with supporters of other clubs we'll go to the main board or Bay 13. When you visit another club's board you are on their turf, take it or leave it. Preferably, in your case, leave it at this point - I doubt many North posters have have more to say on here this week than you have.

Your club has been a rabble for longer than most people on Bigfooty have been alive, a period of several decades in which North has been powerful on the field and stable and well-run off it more than not, despite our historical disadvantages - while once strong Richmond has pissed its supporters' faith aganist the wall time after time. Maybe take your advice to the Freo board or somewhere it might be more appreciated?

It was a North supporter who originally called the club "desperate", he was just agreeing with that...

He is being a serial pest. He is one of those sad little people who is desperate to find fault with our club, because it makes him feel better about the rabble he barracks for.

You only have to read the crap he has posted about us lately to know that he must be at home sick, because school holidays finished last week.;)

Sorry Barnzy, but nothing compares to the comedy that is the Richmond Football Club. Maybe you should go through the process and tick some boxes or something, might be a better use of your time?

But it's certainly another thing to have a go at our process (calling the club desperate) when it has FA to do with Richmond. Where is the desperation in suggesting to Buckley's manager that we would like to hear from them within the next 3 weeks? It's common sense.
Exactamundo! It is actually the opposite. We want you, but we've got limits and self-respect.

As for Barnzy being red carded, what a joke. Responses to him have been far more disrespectful than his comments. As outlandish as some people might see his posts, I welcome his input. Play the ball, not the man folks.

SEN tried to get Eugene on air to discuss this.

We wouldn't come on and according to SEN denied that any deadline has been put in place.

Barrett said Buckley was our number one man and we were only considering him before evaluating other options. Club denied this as well but was true.

Critical point, and almost too late to do much about at this point in time.

Everyone knows he is the choice target, even for Collingwood who have a coach getting the results.

Longmire knows, he isn't stupid. He said he would talk to us once we made the decision on Bucks.

We need to resolve the Buckley thing, if he wants the job then we don't need a convoluted process, if he doesn't want it then we need to go through the "process".

I have no problems with other supporters posting here but it is the North Melbourne forum, not the main forum or Bay 13, you have to be respectful that it is not a neutral forum. There is a bit of leeway in the match threads but in general you really need to avoid getting into arguments on opposition forums. I spend a bit of time on other club forums and never get carded, most appreciate the input.

Has anyone else thought that Collingwood could wait too long to snare Buckley in a succession plan, we snare Buckley, Matlhouse cracks it and leaves Collingwood for Richmond, and bam, Collingwood is left without s**t?

For what it's worth, I've heard the Malthouse deal is done.

Collingwood will be desperate to keep Buckley as assistant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows he is the choice target, even for Collingwood who have a coach getting the results.

Longmire knows, he isn't stupid. He said he would talk to us once we made the decision on Bucks.

We need to resolve the Buckley thing, if he wants the job then we don't need a convoluted process, if he doesn't want it then we need to go through the "process".

The question then is, "How long are people prepared to wait". Is the 3 weeks good? Should it be quicker? Do people want to wait until the end of the season?

Personally I think if we have really offered up the job, then an answer should be imminent. If Buckley's as smart as we think he is, then he should have already weighed up the offer against other potential offers, and also against his ultimate goals.

At work when we are hiring key people we expect an answer on the job offer quickly. Of course, there are always issues to sort out but an in principle agreement is critical in showing good faith. This may have already taken place, who knows?

Lastly, I think if we really have offered the job, then it is critical to get an answer and an announcement out ASAP. I think this would send a clear message to members that we got our man and that "he wanted us also". The longer it goes on, the more some people will get disenfranchised with throwing everything at someone who is a bit non-committal in return. Those sort of relationships never end all that well.

All the bullshit that gets published regarding Norths list and future direction must be confusing for the Buckley. Someone should write a detailed email to him outlining the truth about our list, who could be cut, which assistants need a holiday (why our talls are struggling), our cultural advantage, Punt road traffic, Eugene, Tall potential, trade advantages (rucks), core player advantage, defence advantage, our every 2nd decade dominance, the Schimma/Pagan effect, the automatic captain in Ziebell, the required culling of numerous Tigers, the power brokers behind Richmond like Bartlett whining, the fans from hell, Caro basically being your pulse in the football world, our access to a multitude of quality assistants around country, and the small matter that Bucks owes us. A 20 cent coin might just add the icing. Hirds article was quite ridiculous and presented with the truth, Bucks would be stark raving to die at Tigerland.
Make it happen Zvim. :thumbsu::eek:

The question then is, "How long are people prepared to wait". Is the 3 weeks good? Should it be quicker? Do people want to wait until the end of the season?

Personally I think if we have really offered up the job, then an answer should be imminent. If Buckley's as smart as we think he is, then he should have already weighed up the offer against other potential offers, and also against his ultimate goals.

At work when we are hiring key people we expect an answer on the job offer quickly. Of course, there are always issues to sort out but an in principle agreement is critical in showing good faith. This may have already taken place, who knows?

Lastly, I think if we really have offered the job, then it is critical to get an answer and an announcement out ASAP. I think this would send a clear message to members that we got our man and that "he wanted us also". The longer it goes on, the more some people will get disenfranchised with throwing everything at someone who is a bit non-committal in return. Those sort of relationships never end all that well.

Playing devils advocate...... I think the deal with Buckley was done a while ago the fact that Laidley jumped for no real reason midyear says he heard what had happenned with Bucks And the club and Laids worked out and executed a perfect public relations exercise, to maximise both the parties future goals ie laidley to remain a sought after coach in some capacity and the club coming out of it with the external view that we treat our coaches with respect as to attract new coaches...... Its only my Opinion! we will all see.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Playing devils advocate...... I think the deal with Buckley was done a while ago the fact that Laidley jumped for no real reason midyear says he heard what had happenned with Bucks And the club and Laids worked out and executed a perfect public relations exercise, to maximise both the parties future goals ie laidley to remain a sought after coach in some capacity and the club coming out of it with the external view that we treat our coaches with respect as to attract new coaches...... Its only my Opinion! we will all see.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought the same thing at the time when Laidley left.
But if this was the case, something must have swayed Buckley's opinio somewhat, as he is taking his time. If the deal was in deed as good as done, surely it would have happened by now?

For what it's worth, I've heard the Malthouse deal is done.
Yup. Heard the same thing.:thumbsu:

But it was from you in another post.

Anyways I'll jump to some conclusions here ye and suggest that your mail is from the very same poster that is never wrong on this forum. Therefore I assume you are on the money.:thumbsu:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It does sound fishy, Laidley is an eternal optimist, for him to give it up didn't sound right. But JB said he was thinking of pulling the plug for a while.

I think JB not attempting to talk him out of it this time probably said a lot about the thought process.

Realistically, we will never know. Laidley has nothing to gain by airing any dirty laundry and I don't think JB or anyone else does. Caro seems to think Euge didn't like Laidley but I am sure at board level they would have been near the end of their patience, especially after the trade period last year. Caro should know enough about football clubs that as influential as the CEO and Chairman are, they wouldn't have made a call on the coach that wasn't parralel with the board's view.

Laidley was a good servant, had very good intentions but it was just time and we needed to go forward.

Yup. Heard the same thing.:thumbsu:

But it was from you in another post.

Anyways I'll jump to some conclusions here ye and suggest that your mail is from the very same poster that is never wrong on this forum. Therefore I assume you are on the money.:thumbsu:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Zondor,RB talks to me all the time for the footy goss.

Can you imagine if we don't get Bucks and then JB has to say ''we are so happy with *insert name*, he was always in contention...'' when, in reality, it's all bullshit. Having just one candidate sucks balls... we could experience some epic rollage here.

Can you imagine if we don't get Bucks and then JB has to say ''we are so happy with *insert name*, he was always in contention...'' when, in reality, it's all bullshit. Having just one candidate sucks balls... we could experience some epic rollage here.

Like I said earlier, probably already too late to try and pretend that anyone else isn't just our "second choice". That perception is already well and truly out there. Let's just hope we don't have to roll out a second choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back