Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to accept that there isn't going to be a 2020 season. Maybe the AFL will try to squeeze a bit of cash out of everyone by playing as many games as they can with or without fans, but eventually the turkey is going to come home to roost and it will be all over.

What happens if we get to round 3 and two Hawthorn players test positive. So they go into quarantine and probably the team they just played too. So those games get postponed for 2 weeks. Then another team. Then another. The fixture won't be workable. All this behind closed doors while everyone is losing money and many are losing loved ones. It's not happening.
Arsenal have just gone into self-isolation.

"The entire first-team squad & coaching staff will now self-isolate for 14 days from the moment they last had close contact with Arteta, effectively meaning they will not be able to train until the final few days of March. It is understood the number who have to self-isolate from Arsenal may reach as high as 100." [Guardian]

Frankie Jeeves ?

:trophy:

We have a winner.

Frank Jeeves (1947-54) played 65 games for North in an injury plagued career. Missed rounds 4-17 in the 1950 season (ankle), before returning to the North side to line up at centre half forward on grand final day.

How do you figure that? Are they going to innoculate the entire AFL roster with the virus?
Just observing what is happening in European soccer, NBA etc.
Arsenal manager has been infected now - the entire team has been quarantined. He is likely to have picked it up during the Europa League match against Greek side Olympiakos in London, as the president of the Greek club was infected, traveled with his team to London and hugged and kissed everyone including the opposition management. It's only a matter of time till entire EPL grinds to a halt.

Of course I want footy to go ahead, but just saying that signs aren't good. And in some ways, better to postpone the whole thing, then suspend some games, or to play in front of empty stadiums.

The only jumper we should wear.
Correct. When the jumper was changed the sheer silence from the club about why the members had not been consulted was not one bit surprising. I can let a lot of things go, but not this one. My grandmother didn't knit those home made jumpers so they couldn't be recognised by her great grandchildren. Bring back the NMFC guernsey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope it's cancelled. If only to avoid losing Round 1 yet again.
I hope they postpone the start of the season by a couple of months. The worst will pass hopefully, and we can have a season May to October with some mid week games.

The supplemental selection period ends in 30 mins.

It appears we are going in skinny again until the mid-season draft.

Correct. When the jumper was changed the sheer silence from the club about why the members had not been consulted was not one bit surprising. I can let a lot of things go, but not this one. My grandmother didn't knit those home made jumpers so they couldn't be recognised by her great grandchildren. Bring back the NMFC guernsey!
My birthday in a couple of weeks & I believe I’m getting one of these babies...

20706D15-F75F-4F0B-B0BA-9E931A22D2AF.jpeg

I hope they postpone the start of the season by a couple of months. The worst will pass hopefully, and we can have a season May to October with some mid week games.
Missed opportunity to get 80,000 Richmond and Carton fans in the same place at the same time, though....

Jokes aside, thank christ this happened now when our team is putrid, rather than circa 2014/15 when we looked a decent chance.

My only major gripe is that I was set to make a lot of money on StK in round one.

Anybody who thinks we were getting with 30 points of the Saints without Brown in the team is sniffing glue.

Go on, add up the career goals of our remaining 'forwards' on the list.

We're reaching levels of abysmal up forward which shouldn't even be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back