News North's Bold Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to be the skeptic, but there's about $50m in private commercial real estate the club would have to acquire before this is even a possibility, there's 4-5 business where that second oval is, including Bowens etc which probably wouldn't be thrilled about moving one of the biggest inner city timber yards.

If we did manage to acquire them, we'd have to delete 2 streets and all the encompassed services, then there's the building of something like that, probably $40m+

This is at least a $100m undertaking.
isn't a lot of the land council land? there's the roadwork/asphalt place on the other side of Fogarty St and the Dogs Home and the tram offices down Green St then the dog park. I actually think that for a project of this size they are probably pretty lucky with with the relatively small amount of acquisitions required, assuming council is 100% behind it.

isn't a lot of the land council land? there's the roadwork/asphalt place on the other side of Fogarty St and the Dogs Home and the tram offices down Green St then the dog park. I actually think that for a project of this size they are probably pretty lucky with with the relatively small amount of acquisitions required, assuming council is 100% behind it.
25% privately owned

75% of the land is Council owned.

....and this is what "just terms" looks like

velvet-rope-bouncer-club.jpg

Shut up and buy an apartment
Lol. I did. My partner and i put a deposit down on one of the apartments. They were talking about future plans etc. I was just excited about having a property so close to North's training and the CBD. I just thought it was typical bullshit to try and close the deal...and now this. I'm over the moon!

I'd like to see heath stop me from delivering training reports from my balcony. Am willing to lease to a north bigfooty poster. $1000 a week! Not you Gasometer

I wont be alive to see this built. :(

If Euge was around there would be a chance of my corpse being used as part of the foundations. :stern look Make it happen, Euge!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has Andrew Coates greasy fangs written all over it. Heard him talk up North Melbourne possibly hosting the 2032 Olympics as it already has basketball courts, swimming pools, fencing facilities etc. Give me a spell. First you tear down our grandstand & then you wanna hold Olympic athletics at that very venue? It's tantamount to treason.

The second oval doubles up as two soccer grounds by the looks of it. Great for the community.

And still no pokies. Well done North :thumbsu:

Well, apart from Tender Touch but that's for Zondor's sealed section thread.

Love the forward thinking in this. Working in partnership with the council and city planners, planting the North flag right in the heart of what will be a major population centre in years to come.

I hope I'm around to see it.

Off to the Grumpy Olds thread to talk about cryogenics, and how Tas, myself and the rest of us crusty bastards can somehow see this vision at completion.

Well done North!

So before i go around telling everyone that I've made the best investment of a life time and I'm a property savant what sort of percentages are we looking at for this sort of thing to actually come to fruition?

I'm optimistic so anything above 1% and I'm telling everyone it's a certainty.

So before i go around telling everyone that I've made the best investment of a life time and I'm a property savant what sort of percentages are we looking at for this sort of thing to actually come to fruition?

I'm optimistic so anything above 1% and I'm telling everyone it's a certainty.
Ill tell you one thing.... you've got too much money!
But to answer your question 1.01%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back