Not so obvious players to watch out for

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
So everyone in the media is pumping up Petracca at Melbourne to be a gun.

One that might not be mainstream though is Bailey Fritsch, if he stays injury free he will kick 40 goals no problem for us. He's a special talent

From what I understand inside the Lions 4 walls Zac Bailey will have a breakout year, he has been training the house down, he's in peak physical condition and will be taking it one contest and one game at a time.... take it to the bank.

Not sure if he's too obvious now but from his debut game I really loved the look of English. He's gonna be a very good player.
So we all pray. Tbh I get the feeling he's been over-hyped, but maybe that's just from spending too much time on the dogs board.

So we all pray. Tbh I get the feeling he's been over-hyped, but maybe that's just from spending too much time on the dogs board.
Same thing I saw in a young Max Gawn. Any ruck that comes in and looks clean in possession and can take a mark will become a good player one day. I've got no doubt about English at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From EFC I think Saad will be in the running for AA, though he's become a lot more well known in the last year or so.

I also think Francis & Zerk-Thatcher will start to show they're going to be capable of anchoring our back-line for the next decade, along with a couple of young blokes in Redman and Ridley showing their talent.

So basically only our defenders will show much...

From EFC I think Saad will be in the running for AA, though he's become a lot more well known in the last year or so.

I also think Francis & Zerk-Thatcher will start to show they're going to be capable of anchoring our back-line for the next decade, along with a couple of young blokes in Redman and Ridley showing their talent.

So basically only our defenders will show much...
Saad just played for Victoria and was stiff to miss the AA squad last year. Hardly 'not so obvious'. Zerk-Thatcher looks promising.

Saad just played for Victoria and was stiff to miss the AA squad last year. Hardly 'not so obvious'. Zerk-Thatcher looks promising.

As I said, he's a lot more well-known than he was when he came across to Essendon. But a bit stiff to miss out on the AA squad last year given his season, 2020 should see him get a lot more attention if he has a similar year.

So everyone in the media is pumping up Petracca at Melbourne to be a gun.

One that might not be mainstream though is Bailey Fritsch, if he stays injury free he will kick 40 goals no problem for us. He's a special talent
Bayley Fritsch goes alright too, don't know this Bailey Fritsch bloke though.

Lachie Schultz from Freo is one I really like the look of. Has a genuine crack.

I think he's surprised most of us Freo fans in pre-season. I suspect none of us would have batted an eyelid if he had been rookie listed or even delisted at the end of last year. But perhaps he just needed a year and a full pre-season to adjust to AFL tempo?

Even when he got on the score sheet last year his kicking was pretty wobbly (he had one of the ugliest first goals in the AFL you will ever see in Round 1 last year). But it looks like he's applied himself in lots of areas such as his fitness, leading patterns and set shots. Lots to like if a mature ager - even though he is only 21/22 - can come in and apply themselves as they tend to have a lot more hunger and drive than an 18 year old draftee.

Looks like he might be the perfect Ballantyne replacement (go on admit it - every team wishes you had one).

Might be a little obvious idk not many people rate him that highly but i think Mcgrath will find a new level in the midfield this year! well atleast i hope...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back