Now Jobe is coming back-whats happening to the Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't take his Brownlow off him until the SFT hears the appeal. He keeps it if the appeal get up but given it is very unlikely it'll be overturned, no drugs conviction ever has yet, especially given the basis of the appeal, then he'll likely have to return the medal.

Please point out Justin Koschitze's multiple BnFs and All-Australian nods please.

Jobe was more than an "average" player before 2012. He'd been consistently ranked one of the better inside mids in the game for a few years at that point.

He made the All-Australian squad in 2010 for goodness sake. He would've made it in 2011 if he wasn't cut down by injury. Made it in 2012. Made it in 2013. What more do you want.

Right Ok, so prior to PEDs this 'great' player hadn't even been AA?

Yeah who actually thinks he's a good bloke? The man is a scum bag.

Also, what a wank off hat today, respect lowered.
No.

Nick Stevens is a scumbag. And I don't say that because you're a Carlton supporter, I say that because scumbag is a term reserved for those who have done truly horrific things in life. Things so bad that they've landed in the slammer.

Not for someone who took something he shouldn't have for better performance on a sporting field.

Right Ok, so prior to PEDs this 'great' player hadn't even been AA?
You fool. There was this little team called Geelong that had a few good players, especially midfielders, that tended to dominate the AA teams between 2007 and 2010.

And I suppose you aren't a good player unless you've made the AA team? Sam Mitchell must've been crap up until 2011...

I think maybe scum bag is a touch too strong. I think he failed he's club and more importantly his younger teammates who would have done what the leaders did.

It's this massive media circle jerk that gives me the $hits.

You fool. There was this little team called Geelong that had a few good players, especially midfielders, that tended to dominate the AA teams between 2007 and 2010.

And I suppose you aren't a good player unless you've made the AA team? Sam Mitchell must've been crap up until 2011...

You certainly 'aren't' great, or even 'very, very good' unless you've had a single season good enough to warrant AA selection.

No.

Nick Stevens is a scumbag. And I don't say that because you're a Carlton supporter, I say that because scumbag is a term reserved for those who have done truly horrific things in life. Things so bad that they've landed in the slammer.

Not for someone who took something he shouldn't have for better performance on a sporting field.

The term fits a drug cheat well. the abrogation of responsibility by an appointed leader is even worse.

No.

Yeah Nick Stevens is a scumbag, but personally, I think, as a captain and a leader, allowing your young team members to be injected with drugs they not only KNEW were illegal (at least knew enough to hide the injections on ASADA questionaires) but also, could be dangerous.

I think that's a pretty scumbag move as well.

Not to mention not handing back the Browlow he won whilst on PED's.

If it was me I would have handed my Brownlow back the minute I found out ASADA knew.

This thread is going just swimmingly . While Jobe certainly could have done more I think its fair to say none of his teammates put any blame or responsibility on him.

They are the only ones who really have the ability to judge his actions in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Nick Stevens is a scumbag, but personally, I think, as a captain and a leader, allowing your young team members to be injected with drugs they not only KNEW were illegal (at least knew enough to hide the injections on ASADA questionaires) but also, could be dangerous.

I think that's a pretty scumbag move as well.

Not to mention not handing back the Browlow he won whilst on PED's.

If it was me I would have handed my Brownlow back the minute I found out ASADA knew.
I'd suggest none of us have any idea what we'd have done if we were in this situation and it's pointless pretending we do know.

You certainly 'aren't' great, or even 'very, very good' unless you've had a single season good enough to warrant AA selection.
Sorry mate but this is silly. It's an arbitrary panel selection by discussion and vote that gets argued for ever. Players miss out on selection by a hairs breath of a particular pannellist's bias / preference. This is not a line by which the very very good and ordinary are separated.

he dropped a level below "scumbag" on the basis of his hat choice, for you?

rdlol.gif

Jobe only broke out as a player in 2009. 2010 he took another step, made the All-Australian squad in a team that finished bottom 4, but was never going to make the final team over the Collingwood/Geelong/St.Kilda midfielders whose teams were all top 4 that year. 2011 he was on track to make the team before injuries ruined his year.

Seriously, just give up dude. If you want an example of weird one-season-wonders, let's talk about how Brent Reilly made the AA squad for the first time at age 28.

Last edited:
does anyone actually honestly give a s**t what lavender bushranger thinks about anything EFC related? Really? Why do you even respond to the guy?
Point.

I'm off to buy topical application worm stuff for Ron Barassi.

Sorry mate but this is silly. It's an arbitrary panel selection by discussion and vote that gets argued for ever. Players miss out on selection by a hairs breath of a particular pannellist's bias / preference. This is not a line by which the very very good and ordinary are separated.

dot.gif
Ranked 10th in Total Goals
dot.gif
Ranked 9th in Total Contested Marks
dot.gif
Ranked 14th in Total Marks Inside 50
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Goal Assists Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 11th in Marks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 15th in Goals Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 19th in Contested Marks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 17th in Marks Inside 50 Per Game

Amazing leadership last year after the Walsh tragedy, but it's folly to say he's a very good player. Plays well in bursts, but simply does not have the runs on the board to be considered very good.

He's only kicked 50+ goals twice in his career.

dot.gif
Ranked 10th in Total Goals
dot.gif
Ranked 9th in Total Contested Marks
dot.gif
Ranked 14th in Total Marks Inside 50
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Goal Assists Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 11th in Marks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 15th in Goals Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 19th in Contested Marks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 17th in Marks Inside 50 Per Game

Amazing leadership last year after the Walsh tragedy, but it's folly to say he's a very good player. Plays well in bursts, but simply does not have the runs on the board to be considered very good.

He's only kicked 50+ goals twice in his career.
Jesus wept, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back