Now we're cooking

Remove this Banner Ad

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
B: Shaun Burgoyne, Darryl Wakelin, Peter Walsh
HB:Brett Montgomery, Troy Chaplin, Michael Wilson
C:Stuart Dew, Kane Cornes, Domenic Cassisi
HF: Josh Mahoney, Warren Tredrea, Danyle Pearce
F: Michael Pettigrew, Damon White, Gavin Wanganeen
Foll: Brendon Lade, Peter Burgoyne, Josh Francou
Interchange: Dean Brogan, Stuart Cochrane, Brett Ebert, Steven Salopek

Domenic Cassisi __ 22/09/1982 __ 22 years old
Shaun Burgoyne __ 21/10/1982 __ 22years old
Kane Cornes __ 05/01/1983 __ 22 Years old
Damon White __ 16/08/1983 __ almost 22 years old
Brett Ebert __ 18/11/1983 __ 21 years old
Michael Pettigrew __ 19/03/1985 __ 20 years old
Steven Salopek __ 21/06/1985 __ 20 years old
Troy Chaplin __ 23/02/1986 __ 19 Years old
Danyle Pearce __ 07/04/1986 __ 19 years old

OK chaps, now go and kick some cow butts.

*PAF said:
B: Shaun Burgoyne, Darryl Wakelin, Peter Walsh
HB:Brett Montgomery, Troy Chaplin, Michael Wilson
C:Stuart Dew, Kane Cornes, Domenic Cassisi
HF: Josh Mahoney, Warren Tredrea, Danyle Pearce
F: Michael Pettigrew, Damon White, Gavin Wanganeen
Foll: Brendon Lade, Peter Burgoyne, Josh Francou
Interchange: Dean Brogan, Stuart Cochrane, Brett Ebert, Steven Salopek

Domenic Cassisi __ 22/09/1982 __ 22 years old
Shaun Burgoyne __ 21/10/1982 __ 22years old
Kane Cornes __ 05/01/1983 __ 22 Years old
Damon White __ 16/08/1983 __ almost 22 years old
Brett Ebert __ 18/11/1983 __ 21 years old
Michael Pettigrew __ 19/03/1985 __ 20 years old
Steven Salopek __ 21/06/1985 __ 20 years old
Troy Chaplin __ 23/02/1986 __ 19 Years old
Danyle Pearce __ 07/04/1986 __ 19 years old

OK chaps, now go and kick some cow butts.

Excellent, how long has it been since we have fielded a team this young?

Good chance for these boys to find some AFL game time before next season!!

We are getting close to the side people want too see.
If we lose tommorow night and the season is over I would like too see Symes come into the side for Monty.

Gilham also deserves a run, and maybe they may choose to play him in position next time.

Yup, great young, enthusiastic 22. I'm pretty confident about this game.

No, this looks good! They've revitalised the hell out of the side and it should be great to watch and exhilarating to play. Cochrane won't get much game time.

I love seeing all those new names placed somewhere other than the interchange or the emergencies, too!

Looks to me like the selection committee have conceded the season already. But I can live with that.
Going to be good to see what the young guns can do.
I agree totally with whoever it was said Thomson for Cochhead. That would complete the picture.
Eckermann in for Salopek would also be a good move

Frank Spencer Clone said:

I am sorry but u cant be serious. I think we need some stronger bodies and while i like eckers he is rather small sal has more size to him and the crows are going to play physical footy, we have already one small player in Danyle Pearce.

I think Sal deserves his spot. Lets see what the kid has got this week

crazy_big_al said:
I am sorry but u cant be serious. I think we need some stronger bodies and while i like eckers he is rather small sal has more size to him and the crows are going to play physical footy, we have already one small player in Danyle Pearce.

I think Sal deserves his spot. Lets see what the kid has got this week
I agree CBA.
As much as I have hopes for Eckermann and Thomson, they are not physically ready yet.
Let's hope the club looks at WCE and some other teams and sees the benefits of bulking youngsters up.
Take them out of Sturt now and put them in the gym full time for the next few months. As much as it may hurt SANFL teams, they are our players first.
If the SANFL doesn't like it, then give us a reserves team so that we can do what is best for us. We are the ones that are investing the big dollars into these players.

With a bit of luck wrt injuries, Sal has a big future with us.

Frank Spencer Clone said:
Looks to me like the selection committee have conceded the season already. But I can live with that.
Going to be good to see what the young guns can do.
I agree totally with whoever it was said Thomson for Cochhead. That would complete the picture.

Not at all hard to work out who you are. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*PAF said:
I agree CBA.
As much as I have hopes for Eckermann and Thomson, they are not physically ready yet.
Let's hope the club looks at WCE and some other teams and sees the benefits of bulking youngsters up.
Take them out of Sturt now and put them in the gym full time for the next few months. As much as it may hurt SANFL teams, they are our players first.
If the SANFL doesn't like it, then give us a reserves team so that we can do what is best for us. We are the ones that are investing the big dollars into these players.

With a bit of luck wrt injuries, Sal has a big future with us.

That is the most rediculous comment of the year. You can't expect to just control the SANFL clubs, they are all fighting for a flag too ya know, and a reserves team will kill the SANFL. Without a strong foundation (SANFL) you have nothing.
You seem to forget your bananas in pyjamas side came from the SANFL fool.

RoosterLad said:
That is the most rediculous comment of the year. You can't expect to just control the SANFL clubs, they are all fighting for a flag too ya know, and a reserves team will kill the SANFL. Without a strong foundation (SANFL) you have nothing.
North Adelaide = feeder club ;)

Really liking the look of the younger players coming in, pitty James couldn't be out there for Cochrane... (the same thing happened with Mead/Paco).

This time hopefully if Ebert plays he plays in the midfield or as a CRUMBING forward, not a go to forward...

Good luck boys - tonights game is gonna be huge! :)

Good to see you're still alive SS...

RoosterLad said:
Miles away from being a ridiculous statement.
At the end of the day, both Port Adelaide and the Crows need to be successful to survive.
They recruit players to be successful.
In these unknown players they invest a good deal of money (and not just player payments) in the hope that they may be the ones that will go to the next step and end up being capable of playing in the elite class.
They need to train/teach/ develop players so that they are given every chance to succeed in the AFL.
They must do everything possible to achieve their aim. If that means resting young players at certain times of the year, then so be it.
If the current system is not quite geared up to do that, then it should be changed.

If they are successful they will also prop up the SANFL, but that is another debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back