NRL NRL 2023 - Round 2

Thursday 9th March
Penrith vs South Sydney (BlueBet Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 10th March
Parramatta vs Cronulla-Sutherland (CommBank Stadium - 18:00)
Brisbane vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 20:05)

Saturday 11th March
Sydney Roosters vs New Zealand (Allianz Stadium - 15:00)
Dolphins vs vs Canberra (Kayo Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Canterbury-Bankstown (AAMI Park - 19:35)

Sunday 12th March
Wests Tigers vs Newcastle (Leichhardt Oval - 16:05)
St.George-Illawarra vs Gold Coast (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 18:15)

Bye: Manly-Warringah

Tipping!

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
We all know it won't be consistent I mean we had JWH and his how many fines last year. On the face value 5 is about right, Drinkwater is very lucky he has this cleanskin thing going on.
J Saf doesn't have a dirty record either as far as I'm aware.

Like I said, happy for that to be 5 but unhappy that's 5 while Drinkwater's is 3.

J Saf doesn't have a dirty record either as far as I'm aware.

Like I said, happy for that to be 5 but unhappy that's 5 while Drinkwater's is 3.

Didn’t he have a prior last year for a high tackle? Or was that the other Safiti do get them mixed up all the time.

Personally the incident for me was a 6-8 week ban. So 5 is a bit short and lenient.

Drinkwater is the error that should be a higher grade.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Didn’t he have a prior last year for a high tackle? Or was that the other Safiti do get them mixed up all the time.

Personally the incident for me was a 6-8 week ban. So 5 is a bit short and lenient.

Drinkwater is the error that should be a higher grade.
6-8 is way over the top. 6-8 to me is deliberate. This was nothing more than a lazy arm while he was off balance. There was clearly no intent.

6-8 is way over the top. 6-8 to me is deliberate. This was nothing more than a lazy arm while he was off balance. There was clearly no intent.

Don't buy it for one second there wasn't intent. Would be a careless tackle if there wasn't intent, it's reckless there is clearly intent. I have been an advocate of if your actions cause an injury you need to be sitting out AT LEAST for that period, it's why Drinkwater isn't passing the pub test. How is he out for 3 weeks when Oates out out for 4-6 through injury.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Don't buy it for one second there wasn't intent. Would be a careless tackle if there wasn't intent, it's reckless there is clearly intent. I have been an advocate of if your actions cause an injury you need to be sitting out AT LEAST for that period, it's why Drinkwater isn't passing the pub test. How is he out for 3 weeks when Oates out out for 4-6 through injury.
That is the stupidest thing I've read. Kudos.

It was a tired forward that was being made to play much longer minutes due to 1 player left on our bench, on a much smaller opponent that wrong footed him while he was off balance. It was nothing more than a poor calculation while under fatigue.

What possible reason do you think there would be to deliberately clothesline him? Didn't help us in the slightest, in fact it hindered us quite a bit.

That is the stupidest thing I've read. Kudos.

It was a tired forward that was being made to play much longer minutes due to 1 player left on our bench, on a much smaller opponent that wrong footed him while he was off balance. It was nothing more than a poor calculation while under fatigue.

What possible reason do you think there would be to deliberately clothesline him? Didn't help us in the slightest, in fact it hindered us quite a bit.

It was reckless not intentional two different things. Careless is a soft loose arm and they happen most sets really and are treated as a grade 1 if charged at all. This was reckless, in between that and intentional, and it was on the higher scale of it, thought the charge was light on but not by much, 5 weeks is about right. You cannot be concussing players and taking them out of the game. The bloke is out for 2 weeks as well so it was no party slap so to speak. In todays game you cannot be concussing players, the NRL will be open to be sued left right and centre! Still hate players taking players out and not copping the right penalties. The issue is not Safiti's one it's Drinwater's one. Both should be 5+ not one.

Back