NRL NRL 2023 - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 23rd March
Parramatta vs Penrith (CommBank Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 24th March
Melbourne vs Wests Tigers (AAMI Park - 18:00)
Dolphins vs Brisbane (Suncorp Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 25th March
North Queensland vs Gold Coast (Queensland Country Bank Stadium - 17:30)
South Sydney vs Manly-Warringah (Accor Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 26th March
New Zealand vs Canterbury-Bankstown (Mt Smart Stadium - 14:00)
Newcastle vs Canberra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 16:05)
St.George-Illawarra vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 18:15)

Bye: Sydney Roosters

Tipping!

Last edited:

A couple of stats from last nights game.

Both teams had a completion rate over 85%, Parramatta 41/43 (95%) and Penrith 35/41 (85%). Parramatta dropped the ball twice for the entire game, that's unbelievable ball control. Despite all that ball Penrith only missed 12 tackles for the entire game, a 94% effective tackle rate, which is every bit as freaky as Parra's ball control.

One of the things the Fox Footy commentators made mention of last night was most halves take between 45 and 50 minutes to complete because of the time off for scrums, penalties, captain challengers etc.., but the first half last night took only 42 minutes because the play was almost continuous with only one or two break in play for the entire half. The second half was a little longer as fatigue started to set in, but it was still around 45 minutes.

It was the best game I've seen this season and one of the very best I've ever seen this early in any season, it was fast, furious and intense and the skills on show were elite, and despite a slow start to the season by both teams, I can't see them not playing a big part in September, they are still two of the very best teams in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunnies/Manly another big match. Also, how quick is that lad Khan-Pereira? Glad to see one or two particularly bad incidents of malingering in the ruck penalised. Players are absolutely taking the p with this.

This Raiders team sucks. We've lost all our forward depth, and I loathe Kris at full back. He was ok running the ball today, but his defending at full back is dogshit, and he has hands like feet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back