NRL NRL 2024 - Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 9th May
Dolphins vs Manly-Warringah (Suncorp Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 10th May
Penrith vs Canterbury-Bankstown (BlueBet Stadium - 18:00)
Parramatta vs Brisbane (CommBank Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 11th May
Wests Tigers vs Newcastle (Scully Park, Tamworth - 15:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs South Sydney (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Cronulla-Sutherland (AAMI Park - 19:35)

Sunday 12th May
Sydney Roosters vs New Zealand (Allianz Stadium - 14:00)
Gold Coast vs North Queensland (Cbus Super Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: Canberra

Then more than made up for it by only blowing penalties one way for the game…

But yeah the dirty player trying to break a kickers leg was so unlucky to be sin binned.

You are just embarrassing yourself now

I was cheering the Sharks in there. Another excellent contest, and a great shift from Atkinson. I had different thoughts about Grant's yellow: in real time, I thought, Atkinson has really sold that, it's very soft. But seeing another camera angle, it looked like there was more distance between them than I thought. Obviously I do get how they want to get dangerous challenges on dangling legs out of the game.

Are you talking about the extra man you guys had that resulted in a try from a bullshit sin bin?

The sin bin is fine whether players like it or not you cannot under any circumstances contact the kicker, we’ve seen how bad these things go with the Illias injury so we have to be very strict in this, Grant should know better and even Bellamy said it in the press

$1000 fine is a slap on the wrist.

Actually good to see the blatant trip get a week.

Still means that people that didn’t think it was a bin were incorrect, it’s not a play we need in our game, happy enough they have fined Grant

Agree on the trip though talk about where was that when Tedesco did it a few weeks back. Every trip should be a week minimum and a straight send off

Sorry I don’t care what angle or justification anyone has.

You don’t bin someone for what Grant did.

It’s still making contact with kickers (especially legs whilst kicking) and clubs have been told over and over and were again this season that ANY contact would be a bin. Players have been relatively good in nit making contact but we have had a few cases where this hasn’t been the case. They have been dealt with. Think of it this way what happens if someone does it to Walker and he’s out for a month? This is what they are trying to stop. This one was on the light end and as such it was only a fine not a suspension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s still making contact with kickers (especially legs whilst kicking) and clubs have been told over and over and were again this season that ANY contact would be a bin. Players have been relatively good in nit making contact but we have had a few cases where this hasn’t been the case. They have been dealt with. Think of it this way what happens if someone does it to Walker and he’s out for a month? This is what they are trying to stop. This one was on the light end and as such it was only a fine not a suspension

If they do it to Walker and he’s out for a month it will mean more than likely they’ve done it recklessly.

If the do what Munster did, or they do it and they trip over and fall on him accidentally through a circumstance that can’t be avoided then stiff, it should be handled the same way those things have been handled for most of the last 116 years.

You can’t legislate harmless, incidental contact out of the game and be taken seriously. I’m sorry but black and white rules do not work no matter how many edicts they send out

If they do it to Walker and he’s out for a month it will mean more than likely they’ve done it recklessly.

If the do what Munster did, or they do it and they trip over and fall on him accidentally through a circumstance that can’t be avoided then stiff, it should be handled the same way those things have been handled for most of the last 116 years.

You can’t legislate harmless, incidental contact out of the game and be taken seriously. I’m sorry but black and white rules do not work no matter how many edicts they send out

It’s just pure luck the player doesn’t get injured. This is exactly the reason they are legislating against it more harshly. Whether you like it or not people go to the games not to watch forwards but to watch halves and playmakers. You can’t have players taking out playmakers through so called “kick pressure”. Grant was careless he was binned as he should have been. It was on the lower side of the scale therefore a fine is an appropriate sanction not a suspension. The one a few weeks ago was slightly worse and hit a couple of weeks, the Warriors bloke in NSW Cup on the higher end and was lucky to only get what he did.

It’s just pure luck the player doesn’t get injured. This is exactly the reason they are legislating against it more harshly. Whether you like it or not people go to the games not to watch forwards but to watch halves and playmakers. You can’t have players taking out playmakers through so called “kick pressure”. Grant was careless he was binned as he should have been. It was on the lower side of the scale therefore a fine is an appropriate sanction not a suspension. The one a few weeks ago was slightly worse and hit a couple of weeks, the Warriors bloke in NSW Cup on the higher end and was lucky to only get what he did.

They go for both mate. For everyone that enjoys watching a half, there is someone that enjoys watching a blockbusting prop or second rower or a big hit. That argument is a very flimsy one so let’s put it to the side.

The player was not taken out with kick pressure. His foot was brushed. It was not worthy of a sin bin and no attempt to interpret the rules that way makes it so.

The onus is to protect players, not to make them untouchable or un-pressurable

So protect them. Bin players for dangerous behaviour. Don’t bin them for stuff that clearly isn’t dangerous

My spies tell me it happened in the Roosters v Warriors game and nothing was done. Pretty filthy chicken wing on SJ went unpunished too.

Consistently inconsistent.
Walker got bumped late in the game and was on the ground for at least a set. But yes nothing was done 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Walker got bumped late in the game and was on the ground for at least a set. But yes nothing was done 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I wonder if the A-league will let Wellington do what the NRL will never let the Warriors do.

The sin bin is fine whether players like it or not you cannot under any circumstances contact the kicker, we’ve seen how bad these things go with the Illias injury so we have to be very strict in this, Grant should know better and even Bellamy said it in the press
I think Bellamy was making the point that THAT now had to be the standard not that it already is.

Saw some vision from the cowboys v someone that showed drinkwater getting contacted during a field goal attempt that wasn’t called anything.

I don’t have an issue with the call on grant but calling it dirty or malicious is ott. And now there is a standard they must call every game

My spies tell me it happened in the Roosters v Warriors game and nothing was done. Pretty filthy chicken wing on SJ went unpunished too.

But the Roosters are always held to a different standard 😉

Storm are just shocked something didn’t go their way even though the other 79 minutes was all Storm…

They go for both mate. For everyone that enjoys watching a half, there is someone that enjoys watching a blockbusting prop or second rower or a big hit. That argument is a very flimsy one so let’s put it to the side.

The player was not taken out with kick pressure. His foot was brushed. It was not worthy of a sin bin and no attempt to interpret the rules that way makes it so.

The onus is to protect players, not to make them untouchable or un-pressurable

So protect them. Bin players for dangerous behaviour. Don’t bin them for stuff that clearly isn’t dangerous

This action has taken Ilias out for the season and whether he’s even back again remains to be seen. It can have horrific outcomes. Stamp it out and we won’t have to deal with it. Players know to not contact kickers and it’s that simple any contact should and will be a sin bin and at a minimum a fine when the charges are released.

Should have been binned but I’ve seen it a few times and SJ did take an injury into the game in the same area

I think Bellamy was making the point that THAT now had to be the standard not that it already is.

Saw some vision from the cowboys v someone that showed drinkwater getting contacted during a field goal attempt that wasn’t called anything.

I don’t have an issue with the call on grant but calling it dirty or malicious is ott. And now there is a standard they must call every game

Don’t think I’ve called it dirty, did say it was careless and it’s in the lower scale of carelessness but it still meets that criteria. I love Grant but he made an error in judgement and unfortunately his team lost which magnifies it. The Cowboys one was the catalyst for all clubs getting another memo about it- should have got a bin and a penalty in that game (was against the Titans)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back