Number Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

Retire #33. Too much pressure on a young kid coming up through the ranks to wear it.

ON the other hand 29 can be given to someone else.

I can't believe we had Riccardi publically hand 15 over to Gamble in Round 22 2006. :(

Yeah, not keen on the "public handovers" of guernsey numbers by retiring legends. Could be a thrill for the kid, but it becomes embarassing if they don't kick on. St Kilda must feel a bit the same about Nathan Burke handing over his no 3 to X Clarke.

#33 should be retired, at least for now.

I'm happy to bring 2 or 19 back out (we would have to, otherwise go into the 50's, if we retire 33), so long as we give it to someone who has a rock solid future.

Menzel to be de-tenaced please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JPOD into 29! :D

Nah, don't make me have to buy a new jumper! :p

Actually, it's funny you guys mention Sholl because I was watching SJ's video again today, and one of my thoughts was how much Taylor looks like Brad Sholl, there's a real similarity there.

We can't move Westy though (unless Otto retires and he gets the 6, which is 12 months away)...he must not go into 24 lest it curse him.

To be honest, I'd rather new players made a jumper number their own, like Ling and Enright have done. For a player who has been on the list for three or four years to switch from a number in the 30s to a single digit number...I just don't see the point. If a rookie wants #2, well good luck to him. It's just a number.

If I was Hunt I would stick with the 38.... there are few guys around the club who have few medals from hanging on to the first high numbers they got as kids - Ling, Enright, Wojo.
Pods has to stay in the 31, is the cult-figure jumper at KP, First the Monster and now the J-Pod.
Menzel has not played a bad game in the 10, and the way you break the curse of Jumpers in by getting people to wear them. Let's face more than just a few jumper numbers curses have been broken of late.

Good points MM.

My only issue is that if we're going to retire the 33, then we have to give the 2 or 19 to someone unless we want to have the numbers go into the 50's, so if we do bring out the 2 and the 19 I'd rather give it to some gun kid who clearly will make, rather than one of this year's draftees, as I'd hate to see '2' for example, get delisted

Surely 29 must go to Adam Varcoe. 5 went to Travis, makes total sense to me that the other Varcoe gets the other Ablett number.

I suppose this won't be happening now.

I suppose this won't be happening now.
Not happy tonight. Was really looking forward to the Varcoe bros at Geelong. This has been a real topsy-turvy offseason so far. What next? Used to be the Abletts that created some havoc post season.

Surely 29 must go to Adam Varcoe. 5 went to Travis, makes total sense to me that the other Varcoe gets the other Ablett number.

I think Adam Varcoe just got 86-ed

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/eighty-sixed
eight·y-six or 86 (
amacr.gif
prime.gif
t
emacr.gif
-s
ibreve.gif
ks
prime.gif
) tr.v. eight·y-sixed or 86·ed, eight·y-six·ing or 86·ing, eight·y-six·es or 86·es Slang 1. To refuse to serve (an unwelcome customer) at a bar or restaurant.
2. a. To throw out; eject.
b. To throw away; discard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back