Obscure Players That You Remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Theo is a sports reporter for Channel 7 over here, and does the sports bulletin on weekends.

Theo Doropolous also took a catch in a test match at the WACA 2009/10.

Went on as a sub fielder (12th man may have been released) and caught Suliemann Benn off Mitchell Johnson.

Another obscure one, Luke Pomersbach , only played 1 T20I and came in at the last minute as he was a spectator at the ground. He came in for Hodge and even wore Hodgey's "17 Dodgeball" shirt (back in the days they had their nicknames of their shirts). That particular game saw 5 quicks play at the WACA - Lee, Johnson, Tait, Bracken & Noffke.

Went on as a sub fielder (12th man may have been released) and caught Suliemann Benn off Mitchell Johnson.
Only after dropping one haha :p
Another obscure one, Luke Pomersbach , only played 1 T20I and came in at the last minute as he was a spectator at the ground. He came in for Hodge and even wore Hodgey's "17 Dodgeball" shirt (back in the days they had their nicknames of their shirts). That particular game saw 5 quicks play at the WACA - Lee, Johnson, Tait, Bracken & Noffke.
Pomers was a genuine talent - with the right headspace, he would have played a lot of cricket for Australia.

Not really obscure. I think if you did a thread on unfulfilled cricket potential, his name would bob up quite a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only after dropping one haha :p

Pomers was a genuine talent - with the right headspace, he would have played a lot of cricket for Australia.
If he had everything ok in the head, he'd be in the Australian team now IMO. Pomers just summed up the WA sides of the era well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back