Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Train was another great UK sketch show from the late 90s/early noughties that featured Simon Pegg, well worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Big Train is unfairly obscure. One of the better sketch shows ever made. Also had Kevin Eldon and Mark Heap and we probably wouldn't have seen Spaced without it.

The staring contest is a thing of legend.

Back Of The Y was an NZ show in the same style as DTF and from around the same era, I think it was only shown on Foxtel here though.

It was funny in an off tap amateurish sort of way, the sort of show you'd expect from some drunk campaigners that were given the license to make a show.

I have the DVD of this show.

The following ticks all of the boxes:
Poor acting/script
Appalling costumes
Special effects surprisingly good
All of the little gimmicks were so cool......when I was a kid.
Surprised they never made this into a block buster movie!

What about that stupid game show called "Hole in the Wall" from 2008, hosted by Jules Lund, where fat celebrities wearing spandex had to fit through a hole in the wall (funnily enough) or get pushed into a pool of water?

Amazingly it lasted for more than one episode.
I actually went to a taping for that show as I found the Japanese one pretty entertaining from a few seconds of clips.

It was so bad to watch in person.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Weird Science. You may remember the movie but they also made a tv series out of it
I remember this show. I still remember the long legs of the girl they created. Don't even recall her face.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a TV show, but does anyone remember an ad for Ford that had David Bowie's Heroes on it? It might've been another car brand maybe, or it could just be my imagination lol

Kelly LeBrock :hearts:

Nah, it was Vanessa Angel in the TV show.

Also had Tobias Beecher from Oz as the older brother originally played by Bill Paxton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back