Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Channel 10 having this on in the very early 2000s when I was very young. Apparently it ran from 1998-2001 and no one else I mention it to seems to remember it. I had no idea until just now that it had a young Ryan Reynolds.

two-guys-and-a-girl-the-complete-series-dvd-cover.jpg

Watching Oz as a young fella made me realise that I was never ever going to be cut out to be a criminal.

What a great show that was, Adebisi used to scare the s**t out of me. Some funny cameos too, Rick Fox (ex NBA) was in it, so was Evan Seinfeld from the band Biohazard. And Pancamo who was an ex bikie or mobster and you see at every big fight in Vegas

x8jtzjc21jy81.png

I remember Channel 10 having this on in the very early 2000s when I was very young. Apparently it ran from 1998-2001 and no one else I mention it to seems to remember it. I had no idea until just now that it had a young Ryan Reynolds.

Remember it well, originally titled the rather long-winded Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. Nathan Fillion also had a recurring role for a while.

Watching Oz as a young fella made me realise that I was never ever going to be cut out to be a criminal.
Cut out to be a criminal or cut out for jail? Because they a 2 very different things. There are plenty of criminals who aren't cut out for jail.

I've seen all of it. It is hilarious, very, very good.

One I remember from years ago was called The Plank.
English comedy from the mid-70s where this guy was on a building site and he lost his plank of wood, not a word spoken throughout the show but was very clever.

Does anyone remember a show called Dear John?
English comedy from the mid 80s, collection of the most nerdy, boring or well past it types imagineable at their weekly lonely hearts club meetings?
The most memorable character was called Kirk St Moritz, who used to dress like a disco king and have this supposed lavish lifestyle but in reality was called Eric Morris, lived in a council flat with his elderly mother and dressed very dowdily.

Did anyone watch the very early 2000's current affairs/drama show 'going home' on sbs?

Followed actors on a train commute home and their personal dramas as well as referenced actual current events, as the the show was all written and produced the same day as it was screened.

Did anyone watch the very early 2000's current affairs/drama show 'going home' on sbs?

Followed actors on a train commute home and their personal dramas as well as referenced actual current events, as the the show was all written and produced the same day as it was screened.

YES! This was great. 7.30 on SBS, maybe a Tuesday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one I just remembered was Home Sweet Home, starring Miles Buchanan.

The guy who played his dad was in some ads a few years later where he became known for the "Oils Aint Oils" catchphrase.

Another one I just remembered was Home Sweet Home, starring Miles Buchanan.

The guy who played his dad was in some ads a few years later where he became known for the "Oils Aint Oils" catchphrase.
He was also Frank Pickle in The Vicar of Dibley.

Speaking of terrible US sitcoms does anyone remember Perfect Strangers?

It was like a poor man's Mork and Mindy but somehow it lasted for 8 seasons from 1986 to 1993.

That and Full House were the stand outs for me when I was in Primary School.

I remember watching Hangin' with Mr.Cooper as well.

Is that really obscure though lol? It was pretty popular.
Was it? Saturday night TV ratings I wouldn't have thought were massive..

One that definitely fits the obscure bracket is this English kids game show that was on channel 10 for a couple of years on Saturday afternoons, think it was called The Scavengers.

And another English one my parents liked about a female Blackburn rovers football manager

Was it? Saturday night TV ratings I wouldn't have thought were massive..

One that definitely fits the obscure bracket is this English kids game show that was on channel 10 for a couple of years on Saturday afternoons, think it was called The Scavengers.

And another English one my parents liked about a female Blackburn rovers football manager
Was on a Sunday night I think?

It was popular enough though of people of our era growing up I reckon. Decent show though!

The original Gladiators from the 90s, was showing my 6 year old son some eps on YouTube. Loved it as a kid. I know it got a rehash but nothing's as good as those originals.

Is that really obscure though lol? It was pretty popular.
yeah, some posters in this thread need to acquaint themselves with the definition of "obscure".
Gladiators was Saturday night prime time tv in pre internet 1995/6, unless you were living under a rock this show was known by everyone.

The original Gladiators from the 90s, was showing my 6 year old son some eps on YouTube. Loved it as a kid. I know it got a rehash but nothing's as good as those originals.

The BBC are about to start shooting another revival series, which I understand will be more true to the original format than their 2008 revival (which was largely criticised for being shot in a TV studio and the gladiators largely not being their true selves).

Bradley Walsh and his son are going to be hosting it.

Was on a Sunday night I think?

It was popular enough though of people of our era growing up I reckon. Decent show though!

It was very popular - the only reason it got axed was due to the high production costs (season 4 was all ready to go before 7 pulled the pin apparently).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back