AE Official AE15 Launch - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see how this plays out.. Had Vikes, would have won HRS if I had stayed on them and they got up. Switched to Pack, now need them to win to get =3rd in AE.....

It was written in the stars.

Another Manu special. :thumbsu:

Strategy for next year, dont pick the last game of the week, leave it without a selection and 1CR it.

I didnt switch to get 3rd place. I initially switched as I though it would win me HRS if the Pack one...did some calculations, saw that Leezorr had 16 to go and figured he must be on the Packers, so went to switch back just before the game started but was locked out. I did not even realise I could get 3rd at that point. Was only looking at HRS.

I still haven't had breakfast!!! That's how hectic it is around here.
stirthepot.gif

And that's that. Once more it was close but no cigar for myself this season.

Anyway, Congrats nobbyiscool for taking out the overall AE CR title. Awesome job!

And also a big congratulations and thanks to Woodson and JeffDunne for all your work you put in to this competition to get everybody involved and for keeping this competition running. Especially giving up your free time to do this all gratis.
One last thanks to all to bgt2110 , balmainforever , peterbuch74 and GG.exe for helping manage the side competitions. It's very much appreciated.

Anyway, Congrats nobbyiscool for taking out the overall AE CR title. Awesome job!

And also a big congratulations and thanks to Woodson and JeffDunne for all your work you put in to this competition to get everybody involved and for keeping this competition running. Especially giving up your free time to do this all gratis.
One last thanks to all to bgt2110 , balmainforever , peterbuch74 and GG.exe for helping manage the side competitions. It's very much appreciated.

DOUBLE CROWN!! ;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think an AE retirement for me on the cards after this season. Curbed my enjoyment of games a lot this season and was done with no lube too many times. Topped off today getting locked out and ended up costing me $. Was my fault though, should not have changed the tip. Anyway, well done to those that won and well done to those that organise it. Glad it is over.

Bad luck to you too Broken hard way to lose but not surprising with the last match of the week's this year.

I would have done exactly the same in your shoes as well. Feels, mate. :thumbsu:

Yep great comp run by all. Woodson and all his helpers, JD, Broken, PB, GG, BGT and BF thanks for some seriously fun entertainment throughout the year.

My heart needs some time off now, no more deathriding thank *, glad its all over.

Congrats to all the title winners once again. :thumbsu:

Bad luck to you too Broken hard way to lose but not surprising with the last match of the week's this year.

I would have done exactly the same in your shoes as well. Feels, mate. :thumbsu:
Thanks mate, the late games have done me in a few times this season :( Bad luck on not being able to maintain your lead too this week.

Changed 3 tips to what I would have had, got both with 16 and 15CR, missed with the 10 on Oakland. Would have been some fun for me if they got up.

We'll done to all the winners, entertaining season right to the end.

I think an AE retirement for me on the cards after this season. Curbed my enjoyment of games a lot this season and was done with no lube too many times. Topped off today getting locked out and ended up costing me $. Was my fault though, should not have changed the tip. Anyway, well done to those that won and well done to those that organise it. Glad it is over.

As we say in the home of the Factory of Sadness---

See you next week!

:p

Congrats nobbyiscool, well done matey!

Had 4 upset specials this week, Dolphins, Cowboys, Eagles and Raiders. Went Cowboys and Raiders and shot myself in the foot for a last round surge at the line. Happy to have made the Final 4 in ND, Ripcord bowl, and I think I still finished Top 10 in CR.

One things for certain in CR... You don't win by just being consistent all season. I fell behind early, stuck the course for much of the season to climb back of the ladder, but somewhere along the line you need to take chances. I left my shot to late. As Woodson says... "No risk it, No biscuit" :)

Well... I don't quite know what to say. Except this post is going to be quite embarrassing if someone did the sums wrong and I didn't actually win!

I've just finished watching the end of the Sunday night game - not enjoyable by the way, as the Vikings did everything they could to throw it away.

It took me that long cos I'd spent an hour at the vet with my dog... and despite the excellent winnings from this wonderful competition, I still think I'm going to end up behind by the time I have to take her (the dog) back again next Monday!

Where do I start? For someone that hasn't really posted in the football forum for a few months (although I might return, apparently one of my objections to the board 'disappeared' over the weekend), I have quite a lot to say!

Sadly, I don't even know who all the competition organisers are, but thanks to all of you for a fun, well organised competition. Thanks in particular to Woodson as the commish, and to JeffDunne as the technical guru.

Thanks to all 80 competitors. What a cool testament to BF that this unsanctioned, unlicensed competition has enough trust in it that 80 people are prepare to put money up in advance to be involved.

Congratulations to Boknows34 for making the ND final. It clearly could've gone either way... and who knew that the 9ers of all teams would help win it for me, when I'm about 99% sure today is the only time I've picked them all season! You were a strong adversary sir.

While I wish I could mention everyone who was in contention, I have to single out A11dAtP0w3R, 11sjw, Oscarman, Broken, peterbuch74, and everyone else who gave me something to chase when I found myself in contention about 6 weeks ago. I'm sure it's not lost on anyone that I haven't actually led a minute of this competition until today's SNF game, so it was great to have some great competitors to chase.

I hope everyone is back next season because this competition is at least 90% luck. Much as I'd like to think I'm a football expert... I've just been really lucky, and I just relied on the same system every week that seemed to work for me. Given the right set of circumstances, anyone could win this competition - probably another of the beauties of the competition. To the extent where, if I pointed to the "significant wins", I'd probably only mention 4 or 5. The line between winning and falling outside the top 20 is really that thin.

Anyway, thanks again everyone! I'm sure I'll be happier about it when we figure out what's wrong with my dog... but this still cheered me up a lot when I realised I'd won (after the Vikings nearly induced a stroke. *in Corderelle Patterson...)

Well... I don't quite know what to say. Except this post is going to be quite embarrassing if someone did the sums wrong and I didn't actually win!

I've just finished watching the end of the Sunday night game - not enjoyable by the way, as the Vikings did everything they could to throw it away.

It took me that long cos I'd spent an hour at the vet with my dog... and despite the excellent winnings from this wonderful competition, I still think I'm going to end up behind by the time I have to take her (the dog) back again next Monday!

Where do I start? For someone that hasn't really posted in the football forum for a few months (although I might return, apparently one of my objections to the board 'disappeared' over the weekend), I have quite a lot to say!

Sadly, I don't even know who all the competition organisers are, but thanks to all of you for a fun, well organised competition. Thanks in particular to Woodson as the commish, and to JeffDunne as the technical guru.

Thanks to all 80 competitors. What a cool testament to BF that this unsanctioned, unlicensed competition has enough trust in it that 80 people are prepare to put money up in advance to be involved.

Congratulations to Boknows34 for making the ND final. It clearly could've gone either way... and who knew that the 9ers of all teams would help win it for me, when I'm about 99% sure today is the only time I've picked them all season! You were a strong adversary sir.

While I wish I could mention everyone who was in contention, I have to single out A11dAtP0w3R, 11sjw, Oscarman, Broken, peterbuch74, and everyone else who gave me something to chase when I found myself in contention about 6 weeks ago. I'm sure it's not lost on anyone that I haven't actually led a minute of this competition until today's SNF game, so it was great to have some great competitors to chase.

I hope everyone is back next season because this competition is at least 90% luck. Much as I'd like to think I'm a football expert... I've just been really lucky, and I just relied on the same system every week that seemed to work for me. Given the right set of circumstances, anyone could win this competition - probably another of the beauties of the competition. To the extent where, if I pointed to the "significant wins", I'd probably only mention 4 or 5. The line between winning and falling outside the top 20 is really that thin.

Anyway, thanks again everyone! I'm sure I'll be happier about it when we figure out what's wrong with my dog... but this still cheered me up a lot when I realised I'd won (after the Vikings nearly induced a stroke. ****in Corderelle Patterson...)

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say - **** you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back