BigFooty Official Official BigFooty Phantom Draft - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Order

1. Adelaide - Elijah Hollands
2. North Melbourne - Riley Thilthorpe
3. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (matched bid)
4. Sydney - Logan McDonald
5. Hawthorn - Denver Grainger-Barras
6. Gold Coast - Will Phillips
7. Sydney - Braeden Campbell (matched bid)
8. Essendon - Archie Perkins
9. Essendon - Nikolas Cox
10. Essendon - Nathan O'Driscoll
11. Port Adelaide - Lachie Jones (matched bid)
12. Adelaide - Finlay Macrae
13. GWS - Tanner Bruhn
14. North Melbourne - Zac Reid
15. Fremantle - Heath Chapman
16. Collingwood - Reef McInnes (matched bid)
17. GWS - Oliver Henry
18. GWS - Jack Carroll
19. Collingwood - Eddie Ford
20. Richmond - Brayden Cook
21. Melbourne - Zavier Maher
22. Melbourne - Blake Coleman (unmatched bid)
23. GWS - Errol Gulden (unmatched bid)
24. St Kilda - Sam Berry

25. Adelaide - Caleb Poulter
26. Adelaide - Tom Powell
27. Hawthorn - Jackson Callow
28. Brisbane - Max Heath
29. Gold Coast - Alex Davies (pre-listed selection)
30. Melbourne - Fraser Rosman
31. Fremantle - Brandon Walker (matched bid)
32. GWS - Tom Highmore
33. North Melbourne - Joel Western (unmatched bid)
34. Carlton - Bailey Laurie
35. Richmond - Jack Ginnivan
36. Carlton - Brodie Lake
37. North Melbourne - Oliver Davis
38. Adelaide - Kaine Baldwin

39. Essendon - Liam McMahon
40. Hawthorn - Luke Edwards
41. Hawthorn - Zane Trew
42. Sydney - Shannon Neale
43. Hawthorn - Connor Downie
44. Western Bulldogs - Isiah Winder
45. Geelong - Kalin Lane
46. Brisbane - Jake Bowey
47. Western Bulldogs - Corey Durdin
48. Fremantle - Liam Kolar
49. Fremantle - Finn Gorringe
50. Brisbane - Conor Stone
51. Port Adelaide - Zac Dumesny
52. Richmond - Josh Treacy

53. West Coast - Luke Pedlar
54. Richmond - Maurice Rioli Jnr (matched bid)
55. St Kilda - Jackson Cardillo
56. Essendon - Cody Brand (matched bid)
57. Collingwood - Tariek Newchurch
58. St Kilda - Max Pescud
59. Collingwood - Ollie Lord
60. Sydney - James Borlase
61. Collingwood - Ryan Angwin
62. North Melbourne - Malachy Carruthers
63. Port Adelaide - Phoenix Spicer
64. Gold Coast - Joel Jeffrey (pre-listed selection)
65. Carlton - Charlie Lazzaro
66. West Coast - Max Holmes
67. Geelong - Cam Fleeton

Preseason Draft

1. Adelaide - Jackson Hately

Rookie Draft

1. Adelaide - Henry Smith
2. North Melbourne - Seamus Mitchell
3. Sydney - Dominic Bedendo
4. Hawthorn - Jackson Ramsay
5. Gold Coast - Rhys Nicholls
6. Essendon - Josh Eyre
7. Fremantle - Hugh Dixon
8. Carlton - Riley Holder
9. GWS - Nick Stevens
10. Melbourne - Callum Park
11. Western Bulldogs - Ewan MacPherson
12. West Coast - Jack Avery
13. Collingwood - Taj Schofield
14. St Kilda - Connor Ballenden
15. Brisbane - Carter Michael
16. Port Adelaide - Matthew Allison
17. Geelong - Patrick Walker
18. Richmond - Campbell Edwardes

Last edited:
Pick 16 - GWS Giants

bid on Reef McInnes

Pie 4 Life to match or let me have him
Had Heath Chapman been available at this stage, I would have passed. But the fact he wasn’t, I’ll match and remember this for when GWS have a player to match in the future 😉

Pick 17: GWS GIANTS – Oliver Henry
Pick 17 - GWS Giants

Oliver Henry
Geelong Falcons
General Utility
188 cm 77kg

GF-Oliver-Henry-1.jpg

Lets make a trend of Geelong Falcons boys only hey. Henry is one of the more exciting prospects of the draft, thanks largely to his athleticism, but also due to the versatility he has, having played both as a defender and forward in his time in the 'spotlight' and showing a lot of promise either end, it's a win/win selection for a club like GWS who have a need for the role he plays up either end.

Down in the backline I see him playing a similar role to James Sicily, as an undersized intercept player with his read of the ball in flight and marking. It's a role we currently have Nick Haynes playing, the key differences between the two being Height and disposal skill, which I favour Henry in, which would allow for Haynes to extend his career playing as a standard 1 on 1 defender when he starts to lose a bit of speed and leap.

In the forward line, I'd say Connor Rozee is a fair comparison for Oliver, as an athletic medium that can play as a target or crumber, again using his athleticism and in particular his leap to outmark opponents.

There's also a chance he could make it as a midfielder, having shown great skills and decision making up either end there's scope to push him up if necessary. From a GWS POV I'd hope to develop him as a defender, that's where I've liked him most up until this point, and foot skill in particular is a particular area of weakness for us

oliver henry.jpg

Pie 4 Life up now, no match required

Had Heath Chapman been available at this stage, I would have passed. But the fact he wasn’t, I’ll match and remember this for when GWS have a player to match in the future 😉

With that match, #17 is used and a later pick is gained.

Believe that makes the order now...

#16 Collingwood
#17 GWS
#18 GWS
#19 Collingwood

Pick 18: GWS GIANTS – Jack Carroll
Yeah just realised that'd be the case

Pick 18 - GWS GIANTS

Jack Carroll
East Fremantle
Midfielder/ General Forward
188 cm 76 kg

jack carroll 1.jpg

Yep, I had Carroll going to you guys previously but think his stocks are rising, especially as the comparisons start rolling in, I'm waiting for someone to bring up the 'Pendlebury-esque' comparison and everyone reacts by putting him top 10.

I knew making this call early would pay off.

Carroll is a super classy player who's shown talent and reliability as a defender, midfielder and forward over the last 18 months, showing that if he's fit, he's ready to play anywhere he goes Round 1. A big theme of my other 2 selections has been disposal efficiency and decision making, two of Carroll strongest attributes as a player, he very rarely wastes a disposal, or a lead or a run around a stoppage, everything he does is calculated and will 99% of the time work how he planned it to, or at least that's how it seems.

As stated he has the capacity to play anywhere on ground, but long term I see him developing as a really solid winger that plays as an extra rover at stoppages, he has the game sense to be that dangerous Quarter back type player, with all the qualities you look for in a link up type of Winger. Has the capacity to play as a rover straight up, but I'd prefer to keep him on the outside to fully utilise his strengths.

I couldn't find an appropriate picture to paint a GWS Guernsey onto sorry

Now Pie 4 Life

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow how ironic i didn't see that coming specially from a gws supporter 🙊. Its pretty funny how everyone hates the pies and always bid pies academy player's on bf 😂.
I'm a pies ex-pat, hardly call it hatred

it would be a 50/50 split between he and McDonald.
It would be a 50/50 split between him and McDonald.
Object - It would be a 50/50 split between them -> It would be a 50/50 split between him and McDonald.
Subject - They would be a 50/50 split. -> He and McDonald would be a 50/50 split.

Same as Pie 4 Life my write up will come later as im heading to the beach right now, but will get this one in first.

PICK 20 - RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB - BRAYDEN COOK - SOUTH ADELAIDE - SA
189CM
82KG
FWD/MID
Attacking ability, versatility, athleticism, high ceiling potential
Yeah Cook was the other one I was tossing up between at my pick.

I for one would rather be had picked say anyone else 😅 but Caleb Poulter comes to mind as a like for like.
main criteria for me was a defensive tall prospect, Reef is likely to start his career in that spot, whether it's as a third tall idk, but he'd be one I see as stepping into a Corr type role after a year of fitness work

main criteria for me was a defensive tall prospect, Reef is likely to start his career in that spot, whether it's as a third tall idk, but he'd be one I see as stepping into a Corr type role after a year of fitness work
You’re just lucky Josh Green was not worth bidding on 😎

You’re just lucky Josh Green was not worth bidding on 😎
Hey Josh, if you're reading this, don't listen to Pie 4 Life, you ARE worth bidding on

I'm now eagerly awaiting Sam Stenning and Kai Watts back to back bids next season, if you guys have a pick before Daicos that is

Hey Josh, if you're reading this, don't listen to Pie 4 Life, you ARE worth bidding on

I'm now eagerly awaiting Sam Stenning and Kai Watts back to back bids next season, if you guys have a pick before Daicos that is
Lol CLEARLY I am talking about in the first round. Might do just that at whenever my next pick is at like 65 😂

Also by you doing that PMBangers it meant I couldn’t do the same with another player because I needed to pick up a certain couple of types.
wait my shenanigans stopped other shenanigans? Now I feel like a traitor to the cause

Remove this Banner Ad

Back