OFFICIAL - Guns N' Roses reunion - Playing Coachella 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing show! I’m now home half dead, can hardly move about 30 meters from the front GA.
Best songs nightrain, you could be mine, paradise city, estranged, patience, civil war.
Axl stil has it, yeh a little inconsistent at times but that’s normal! He shows glimpses in songs what he can do best. It’s never going to be like 30 years ago.
Slash is a god

Amazing show! I’m now home half dead, can hardly move about 30 meters from the front GA.
Best songs nightrain, you could be mine, paradise city, estranged, patience, civil war.
Axl stil has it, yeh a little inconsistent at times but that’s normal! He shows glimpses in songs what he can do best. It’s never going to be like 30 years ago.
Slash is a god

He lost he's voice for a while with those newer songs .

Good come back in the second half. 👍.

Good night last night, hard to get into it early, a big show like that compared to Gojiras sideshow on Thursday but still enjoyable.

The only really Axl moment was him stopping halfway though You Could Be Mine because a light was shining in his eyes! They redid it but took the sting out for me, and that’s my fave Gunners song!

Civil War and November Rain highlights, both epic. Geez Axl likes a lot of breaks, wasn’t bad, sort of like intermissions. Slash is a great player but got a bit over the extended guitar solos.

Slash is a god

Good selection of best songs there we must have been very close.

Nightrain was awesome after they started wavering a bit. I reckon rocket queen was the absolute top pick of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I thought they would have played that?

Anyway does Axl usually play piano in Estranged? When he didn't I thought he wouldn't do November Rain, was rapt he did, he really seems like he can play.

Nah he's never played the piano for Estranged live. Likewise, he's never not played piano for NR, even when be broke his foot at the start of the reunion.

Good night last night, hard to get into it early, a big show like that compared to Gojiras sideshow on Thursday but still enjoyable.

The only really Axl moment was him stopping halfway though You Could Be Mine because a light was shining in his eyes! They redid it but took the sting out for me, and that’s my fave Gunners song!

Civil War and November Rain highlights, both epic. Geez Axl likes a lot of breaks, wasn’t bad, sort of like intermissions. Slash is a great player but got a bit over the extended guitar solos.

I bet I'm in the minority but for me they play for 30 minutes to long.

I've always thought they could improve the flow of the setlist.

But I reckon they were better on this tour then they were 5 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there was a fair bit of filler, could cut plenty out I'd reckon, a few dead spots.

I'd never seen the other guitar player but he can shred. You could tell he was trying not to upstage Slash but he briefly showed some tricks in his kit bag, even a couple of ridiculous sweep picking runs.

Im usually the minority with this opnion but I ******* hate solos. Sure do the standard song solo, do you one solo a show per band member if you must but * me not a 5 minute solo every song. Could have played 5 more songs otherwise. It seems an older band thing to do. I a assuming this is an older band thing to do as both Queen and Motley Crue also did this s**t. Younger bands just seem to play.

Loved the Perth show
Had very low expectations because my mates saw them in perth years ago and said it was terrible

This time , man , they gave it everything.
What a show .

Personally I was rapt with number of encores , was so surprising compared to a lot of concerts .

In a world where it feels like it’s hard to ever get value for money these guys provided.

The 6 pack ticket deals where a great idea , good value 👍

I'm going .

The cosmic guys are alright .

I seen gunners 3 times before .
No slash or Duff tho.

Never been to a gig at the G unsure what to expect because it's such a large venue.

I've got 3 gigs in 3 weekends .

Gunners.
Killers.
Rufus.
Have you seen Rufus yet ?
We are going to the Perth gig

I’m over 50 and doing Gunners and Rufus in a month makes me feel young again.
The hangovers are a killer though 😁

Im usually the minority with this opnion but I ******* hate solos. Sure do the standard song solo, do you one solo a show per band member if you must but * me not a 5 minute solo every song. Could have played 5 more songs otherwise. It seems an older band thing to do. I a assuming this is an older band thing to do as both Queen and Motley Crue also did this s**t. Younger bands just seem to play.

I don't disagree with this and I'm a massive guitar head, get a bit over the noodling. Having said that Slash doesn't seem to run out of ideas or things to play, it's phenomenal, he is very listenable too. But yeah squeeze in a few more songs instead for sure.

I think a lot of it too is giving Axl recovery time. His vocals would get smashed with his type of singing and voice and I reckon it's a matter of allowing him those windows of recovery.

I think a lot of it too is giving Axl recovery time. His vocals would get smashed with his type of singing and voice and I reckon it's a matter of allowing him those windows of recovery.
Oh its 100% giving Axl and Vince (In Motley Crue's case) to recover. I don't get why Queen do it with a young and youthful Adam Lambert who could go forever.

Have you seen Rufus yet ?
We are going to the Perth gig

I’m over 50 and doing Gunners and Rufus in a month makes me feel young again.
The hangovers are a killer though 😁

No.

Killers next weekend.

Then Rufus the Friday night.

At least I'll have no fat cows taking over my seats for the next 2.

Good to have live music back ..

Gunners were fantastic! Compared to others, I loved the extended guitar solos from both Slash and Fortus, though I was in the pit so got a great view.

Only drawback? I got Covid. Feel like sh!t today, and the doc says it's only going to get worse.

#worthit

Gunners were fantastic! Compared to others, I loved the extended guitar solos from both Slash and Fortus, though I was in the pit so got a great view.

Only drawback? I got Covid. Feel like sh!t today, and the doc says it's only going to get worse.

#worthit

Coma.

:moustache:.

Don't cry ...every thing will be alright sugar.

I’m just shattered we missed out on Coma again

It seems you got a cover of Whole Lotta Rosie instead. Coma is usually played during the encore. They did it in Perth and the big screen had all the background graphics reflecting "Coma". Where there relevant graphics for Whole Lotta?

Loved the Perth show
Had very low expectations because my mates saw them in perth years ago and said it was terrible

This time , man , they gave it everything.
What a show .

Personally I was rapt with number of encores , was so surprising compared to a lot of concerts .

In a world where it feels like it’s hard to ever get value for money these guys provided.

The 6 pack ticket deals where a great idea , good value 👍

Never saw them when it was the "Axl and Friends" show but saw them in Perth for the Not In This Lifetime tour. Loved it.

Liked it enough that for the current tour we got the VIP pit tickets. Couldn't get any closer if I wanted to. I think Axl sounded better this time, but it could have been the mix. He is never going to sound like 1988 again, no-one does. I felt the show was a bit of a downgrade "event wise" on the 2017 one with less pyro etc.

Great show though and would go again. Only thing is the "new" songs (which are Chinese Democracy offcuts) and a couple of others could have been cut. Longer doesn't necessarily mean better.

Wish Izzy was there but can't fault Richard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back