Society & Culture Old People give me the shits

Remove this Banner Ad

This scene was set in 1995, so he's probably dead by now.
Probably posting on how the Chinese started fires to create a super train because people can't get to Illawarra fast enough currently.

Any minor inconvenience/delay in the course of trying to help them out at work and they threaten to take you to the ombudsman

Don’t have an email address because they’re “not good with technology”

Zigzag walk

No single person of any age bracket has the power to shape society. The government does.

Things my age group do now will be looked down upon in sixty years and the younguns then will say "this is all Gen Z and Y's fault" all the same.

You're full of it. No single person?

There's plenty of rich businessmen who've shaped society more than any politician has.

Aldous Huxley predicted this s**t in Brave New World.

You don't think Facebook, Apple etc have shaped society more than any Aussie politician?

Nah.

They are the ones working hard, buying nice s**t and setting the example for the whiney little babies.

Last generation that wasn't wrapped in cotton wool and told often "no".
Working hard? They are the laziest working group I have every come across. They have jobs sure, but they are so, so lazy

Kill the elderly
Tipping your favourite old movie was Soylent Green...
I'm in favour of mandatory euthanasia of anyone over the age of 80.

Have you lot heard of Logan's Run? Same concept, except you die at 30.

Who cares if the elderly don't take to the internet?

Sometimes some of these guys need to be kept off the internet. Check out the Australian nuffy groups on Facebook and you'll see what I mean.

Probably posting on how the Chinese started fires to create a super train because people can't get to Illawarra fast enough currently.

Get to the Illawarra? I thought people would prefer to go the other way? :laughing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given current Hollywood's love of the remake, reboot and even the soft reboot, I'm a little surprised someone hasn't given this a whack. Story with a bit of polish at the back end would translate pretty well today I'd reckon.
Careful what you wish for

Lots of daggy 70s 80s films with great story lines but made without polish could get a remake
Some would be good others would lose their original charm
eg
I dont want a remake of The Omega Man that was perfect as is

I Am Legend with Will Smith is a remake of The Omega Man book according to Wikipedia (you don't need to see it).

The Island is basically a remake of Logan's Run. There are a few differences but the plot is very similar.

Haven't seen Logan's Run but saw The Island. Was okay. Though even being 18 the product placements struck me in the face, so maybe it's not okay. Michael Bay directed it.

We have a client who insists on paying by cheque, which means he has to mail it to us.

He then complains A) why it takes so long to receive or B) how did his cheque go missing.

Maybe if you didn't pay in such an archaic way, you wouldn't have these problems you stupid fu**.

Probably his way of not paying his invoice for ages......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back