anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Are we doing an Oliver Twist in asking for more for next seaso?
More home games. Well one extra home game.
It seems we have joined with the Evils, or they have joined with us, in the request.
I am not sure they are ready to accept that travel is a real burden on the two WA clubs just yet.
As Oliver said.. Please I want some more.
I guess we can only ask.

How the hell would that even work? Unless it's during gather round, if we get an extra home game it means someone else is getting 1 less home game. No club is going to accept that.

Just makes us look like a bunch of whingers.

How the hell would that even work? Unless it's during gather round, if we get an extra home game it means someone else is getting 1 less home game. No club is going to accept that.

Meh, you don't ask, you don't get.

And if it's not that, maybe we get something else we've been wanting.

We travel over 4x as much as vic clubs. If the league wants true equity (they don't) then one of the vic teams that play only 5 games out of their home state can afford to play an extra 6th game away from their home state.

We travel over 4x as much as vic clubs. If the league wants true equity (they don't) then one of the vic teams that play only 5 games out of their home state can afford to play an extra 6th game away from their home state.
We'd be better off asking for a concession that we can charter a plane and not have to use virgin.

Huhu we could play the weagles 3x and have the 3rd derby as a split crowd...

Probably end up paying 1 of the parasitic clubs some cash to play here.
It's not like they get enough crowd to break even when we play them in melbs.

Gold coast played a home game against us in Perth in 2018 due to the Commonwealth Games. North tried to sell a home game to West coast in Perth in 2020, but the AFL didn't allow it.

Gold coast played a home game against us in Perth in 2018 due to the Commonwealth Games. North tried to sell a home game to West coast in Perth in 2020, but the AFL didn't allow it.
Yeah I remember North wanting that. Thank heaven the AFL values the integrity of the game and didn’t compromise the competition.😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The movie was mandatory torture in my primary school years.
Try watching it again if you're beyond school age and don't mind a musical. It won the 1968 Best Film Oscar for a reason. Soon you'll be reviewing the situation.

I'm Pat Malone on this, but I rather multiple road trips.

Stay in Melbourne for 9 days and play two away games and do that twice.

Stay in Tasmania for 9 days and play Hawks and North Melbourne until the 19th team comes in.

Stay in Adelaide for 14 days and pay the three games. Port, Crows and Northern State team in the Gathering round

Reduces the travel.

Stay in Tasmania for 9 days and play Hawks and North Melbourne until the 19th team comes in.

Stay in Adelaide for 14 days and pay the three games. Port, Crows and Northern State team in the Gathering round

Reduces the travel.
I like the thinking in general, except the having to stay in Adelaide any longer than possible. :poo:
Torturing the players might get a few more asking to leave. :straining:

When 2 Melbourne team play each other in Melbourne, the away team flies to Adelaide and back before and after the game.

That should equal the travel load...

Reduces the travel.
I don’t mind the idea, especially if it means we get a run of home games to keep the team at home for an extended period, if we played 3 games in Melbourne in 13-16 days (don’t want too many 6 day breaks in a row) then had a game at home, the bye and two more games at home, we’d have a 6 week period of not having to get on a plane. Then repeat with a couple of games in Sydney or QLD and a couple back at home. The problem would be that WC would have to play every week we’re away at Optus, so they’d probably complain about being away either side of their bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back