No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

From the same poster in the Holeman and Plowman thread on Umpiring and Injuries board...
If Plowman bumped O'Meara like that in a 50/50 contest for a ground ball, he would be suspended for committing to a bump and causing a clash of heads and concussing an opponent. Nobody would argue about it. Everyone would accept the decision. So why do people think it's okay for Plowman to do it in a marking contest?

Please watch the footage again and explain to me the moment Plowman tried to mark the ball or spoil the ball.
He did neither. He ran into that contest, turned his body side-on and elected to bump a wide-open opponent.

Weak.

Thank god the MRO has FINALLY decided to protect players who keep their eye on the ball and punish those who don't.
Now if we can just get the umpires to wake up to themselves.... How the hell did O'Meara not even get a free kick?
Imagine if every defender just elected to smash into Harry McKay every time he flew for a mark.

Oh man, there's some clueless Blues fans out there. I never realised until this weekend just how many f**kin' one-eyed idiots they have in their ranks.
DamoESP , when you stop your inane giggling, I challenge you to do the same.

Watch the footage again and tell me the exact moment when Plowman tries to mark the ball or spoil the ball

He doesn't. He just ploughs straight into O'Meara

Maybe I'm just a dummy, but if the AFL are serious about concussions and protecting players, then surely players IN MARKING CONTESTS WITH THEIR EYES ON THE BALL deserve some protection from opponents looking to cannon straight into them with no intent to mark or spoil.

New thread on the main board popped up about this years Brownlow Medal and it didn’t take long for the OP to show his true intentions for the thread with this follow up post.

“I suppose Walsh is also a chance because there is nobody to steal votes off him with Cripps thinking about where he wants to be next year.“

Could you imagine having a dig at Walsh that he is only getting votes because no one can steal votes off him and only naming Cripps when there are a possible 45 other players (with 2 medical subs) each week who could steal votes off Sam Walsh and only naming Patrick Cripps? I don’t know if this was supposed to be a dig or a compliment.

Last edited:

From the same poster in the Holeman and Plowman thread on Umpiring and Injuries board...

These posters have a strong point, IMO, Plowman is going for the ball, he’s looking to spoil, until he DECIDES, to pull the fist in and bump, at this point, he’s not contesting the ball, he’s protecting himself at the expense of the opponent.

If Plowman keeps his fist out and makes contact in the marking contest, there’s no issue, but he bumps him, with a hip and shoulder, after jumping off the ground, hitting him high.

I will be very surprised if he is let off, at the point of contact, he is 100% not contesting the ball.

These posters have a strong point, IMO, Plowman is going for the ball, he’s looking to spoil, until he DECIDES, to pull the fist in and bump, at this point, he’s not contesting the ball, he’s protecting himself at the expense of the opponent.

If Plowman keeps his fist out and makes contact in the marking contest, there’s no issue, but he bumps him, with a hip and shoulder, after jumping off the ground, hitting him high.

I will be very surprised if he is let off, at the point of contact, he is 100% not contesting the ball.

Why doesn’t omeara pull out of the contest?Why does it have to be Plowman pulling out?

it’s a 50.5% to 49.5% contest in my eyes. It’s a footy accident, it’s going to happen every now and then...completely unavoidable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That POSTER, and he's being a bit of a dickhead.

Plow made contact with the ball. He had eyes for the ball at all stages, and he braced himself for contact, but in no way did his basic approach/goal change; to spoil the mark.

Why doesn’t omeara pull out of the contest?Why does it have to be Plowman pulling out?

it’s a 50.5% to 49.5% contest in my eyes. It’s a footy accident, it’s going to happen every now and then...completely unavoidable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Im not saying any player should have pulled out, I’m saying that only one player is playing the ball and that’s Omeara, I just re-watched the play and Omeara has his ams out stretched to mark the ball, it seems he gets first hands to the ball, the issue is, that Plowman is not playing the ball, he changes his mind at the end and smashes in to a player who can’t see him coming, with a hip and shoulder.

I don’t think it’s an accident either, the only thing people need to ask themselves is, at the point of contact, is Plowman going for the ball? I think it’s pretty clear, that he isn’t.

New thread on the main board popped up about this years Brownlow Medal and it didn’t take long for the OP to show his true intentions for the thread with this follow up post.

“I suppose Walsh is also a chance because there is nobody to steal votes off him with Cripps thinking about where he wants to be next year.“

Could you imagine having a dig at Walsh that he is only getting votes because no one can steal votes off him and only naming Cripps when there are a possible 45 other players (with 2 medical subs) each week who could steal votes off Sam Walsh and only naming Patrick Cripps? I don’t know if this was supposed to be a dig or a compliment.

Newbie troll account (joined 2 days ago).

That POSTER, and he's being a bit of a dickhead.

Plow made contact with the ball. He had eyes for the ball at all stages, and he braced himself for contact, but in no way did his basic approach/goal change; to spoil the mark.

Im not fussed about if the poster is a knob or not, I even just watched the video again after reading your post, after watching a few times before, in response to another post, I’m not sure how anyone can watch that and say, at the point of contact Plowman is going for the footy.

Its clear his intention is to spoil the ball as he’s running at the footy, it’s then really clear that he withdraws his spoiling arm then hip and shoulders Omeara.

As soon as you smash in to someone with a hip and shoulder, you aren’t going for the ball, after watching the hit several times just before, I’m not sure at what point Plowman makes contact with the footy, he’s second to the contest and has his arm tucked for contact.

If he goes for the spoil, with his arm outstretched and the same outcome happens, I have no doubt he’d be fine, but he doesn’t, I even thought I read one of your earlier posts suggesting Plowman knew what he was doing and made him earn it, essentially, which is fine, if he doesn’t get the player in the head.

We will see what happens on appeal.

Im not fussed about if the poster is a knob or not, I even just watched the video again after reading your post, after watching a few times before, in response to another post, I’m not sure how anyone can watch that and say, at the point of contact Plowman is going for the footy.

Its clear his intention is to spoil the ball as he’s running at the footy, it’s then really clear that he withdraws his spoiling arm then hip and shoulders Omeara.

As soon as you smash in to someone with a hip and shoulder, you aren’t going for the ball, after watching the hit several times just before, I’m not sure at what point Plowman makes contact with the footy, he’s second to the contest and has his arm tucked for contact.

If he goes for the spoil, with his arm outstretched and the same outcome happens, I have no doubt he’d be fine, but he doesn’t, I even thought I read one of your earlier posts suggesting Plowman knew what he was doing and made him earn it, essentially, which is fine, if he doesn’t get the player in the head.

I have the same opinion as you think Plow is in real trouble here.
My question is
Was O'Meara Concussed or are we getting hoodwinked?

And possibly pops his elbow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is originally going for the footy.

He is allowed to brace to protect himself when he sees contact coming.

It's because of the various angles at which the ball and players were approaching each other that Plowman saw Jeager but Jeager didn't see Plowman. This allowed Plowman, who was already committed, a split second to brace himself for contact.

The problem with this stuff is it becomes subjective; I think vs you think, we explore the ultimate outer limits of our vocabularies in pursuit of best describing something that occurs over less than a second.

If you look at Plow's clenched fist at the point of contact, at the end of his outstretched arm. He's gone in looking to spoil; the position of his arm demonstrates this, even as he's turned his body to absorb impact. And he's made contact with the ball with that arm; not with his fist, which he's moved to protect himself, but with his forearm/shoulder.

I don't agree that he's changed his mind at all, nor do I think that there is anything resembling a change in his orientation to determine intent.

I will say that I think that Plow should get off for this. The AFL set the precedent a while ago that if you elect to leave the ground to bump then you are responsible for the consequences if you make head high contact. Does this classify as a different situation? Is he going up in a marking contest or electing to bump or to protect himself?

I see what happened as very similar to what happened with Josh Kennedy and Josh Kelly a couple of years ago where Kelly came across the contest and got hit. Everyone applauded it as a great footy contest (which it was) where both players were committed to the ball. Was it Kennedy's responsibility to pull out of the contest then? I don't think so

The problem with this stuff is it becomes subjective; I think vs you think, we explore the ultimate outer limits of our vocabularies in pursuit of best describing something that occurs over less than a second.

Exploring the outer limits of our vocabularies? That would be like the academic decathlon from Billy Maddison, with me being Billy

I don't agree that he's changed his mind at all, nor do I think that there is anything resembling a change in his orientation to determine intent.

We will have to agree that we just see it differently, I also don’t think there was ever any intent to hurt Jaeger.

Funny how Geelong supporters never give supporting documentation or evidence.

Ken Wood investigated Carlton’s books thoroughly (Ron Evans and Andrew Demetriou said so themselves) and the AFL could only find evidence of breaches of the TPP from 1998 to 2001 - we were therefore clear and innocent of any wrongdoing in 1995.

The only AFL club guilty of cheating the salary cap in a premiership year is Essendon in 1993 - but of course only “crickets” from outraged majority :rolleyes:

I can remember a time when newbies couldn't start threads.

Well, tbf to them, 95% of the s**t on the main board shouldn't be threads.

Any thought a poster has becomes a thread on there. "Who has the better future - "North, Adelaide or *"?. The following week, "Who has the better future - *, North or Adelaide?" and then the week after that. "Who has the better future - Adelaide, * or North?"

Last edited:
Funny how Geelong supporters never give supporting documentation or evidence.

I know a certain Geelong supporter who is like this about 1995. Funnily enough, the same supporter is on the main board quite regularly defending Geelong any time a new thread about them is started and those threads are started quite regularly. The campaigners should have the MCG or Marvel as their home ground like the rest of us. Geelong is literally an hour from the CBD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back