Discussion Original Brisbane Bears Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Bears 1.JPG
Very nice jumper.
HI Guys - I bought this off ebay a while ago (sans signatures, I got the signatures when they did a 3 kings tour in Perth with Vossy, Aker and Black) from the thread above am I right in assuming this would be one available to the public but they didn't have any sponsors logos from alcohol companies or was it from a year where there wasn't a sponsor. There is no number on the back, it is woolen made by Sekem

Attachments

• Bears 2.JPG
    Bears 2.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 56
23664-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

It's a retail. If the bottom line on the B doesn't wrap around the back, it's retail

wrap around didn't become retail until about 90 or 91.

Brisbane never wore the non wrap around in a match.

That's the day Capper took on Richmond.
Brisbane kicked 3 goals in the first quarter, then Capper got into a fight with a Richmond player.
Some of the Tigers came over to back up their mate, the Bears players just watched.
In the end Capper was taking on 6 or 7 Richmond players on his own.
Brisbane didn't kick another goal all game and ended up scoring their lowest score to that time.

That's the day Capper took on Richmond.
Brisbane kicked 3 goals in the first quarter, then Capper got into a fight with a Richmond player.
Some of the Tigers came over to back up their mate, the Bears players just watched.
In the end Capper was taking on 6 or 7 Richmond players on his own.
Brisbane didn't kick another goal all game and ended up scoring their lowest score to that time.

Was an abysmal day across Melbourne that one. That was also the day of Wayne Carey's first game, when Fitzroy kicked the mammoth score of 1.8.14 at Princes Park.

The Bears lowest score at that point was 2.5.17 at PP vs Hawthorn in the infamously soggy R12 1988.

To my knowledge the original Bears jumper retails never had the wrap around. It's hard to even find a cerise retail full stop.

There was one around in 1991, I remember seeing it.

Was an abysmal day across Melbourne that one. That was also the day of Wayne Carey's first game, when Fitzroy kicked the mammoth score of 1.8.14 at Princes Park.

The Bears lowest score at that point was 2.5.17 at PP vs Hawthorn in the infamously soggy R12 1988.
It buggered the MCG for the game two days later, which I went to

The thing with that is that the PI's for the Bears were sewn on not iron on. It would have been a costly exercise to sew or iron on the additional length on that line for retails.

My Dads original I posted a long time ago in this thread is the wrap around player issued and long sleeved. All parts are sewn on and my memory was always the supporters jumper was iron on material the same with the Eagles at the time. The long sleeved supporters were missing the pattern on the sleeves and the line around the back. Never saw a proper one at retail. However was watching footage of a carrara match and a guy behind the goals had the full line and patterns on his long sleeved jumper. Quite possible he was wearing a player issue jumper buy being related or well connected as it really goes against everything I ever saw anywhere in supporter jumpers as I always avoided the Fitzroy Eagles Carlton Bears jumpers for tarining as I didn't want the whole peeling thing happen after a few washes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, actually I have one from about 1994 (i think) that still has the manufacturers tags on it. Sekem was the manufacturer by the way. Anyway this one has the CUB logo on it.

IMG_06222.jpg
I have a 1995 bears jumper signed by all players and coaches except for adrian Fletcher. Anybody have a rough price i should be asking to sell it for???

View attachment 101890
HI Guys - I bought this off ebay a while ago (sans signatures, I got the signatures when they did a 3 kings tour in Perth with Vossy, Aker and Black) from the thread above am I right in assuming this would be one available to the public but they didn't have any sponsors logos from alcohol companies or was it from a year where there wasn't a sponsor. There is no number on the back, it is woolen made by Sekem
B632D6C3-275E-4770-A5D9-4EFA1573DAD2.png
I have this old Bears training jersey for a former staff member number 53 on the back.

View attachment 870278
I have this old Bears training jersey for a former staff member number 53 on the back.
That looks like a player issue Clash jumper which they wore in games v Hawthorn in 1990
Paul Gay was listed as #53 for the Bears in 1990, but he only played Reserves, no Senior games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back