Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

"Hey in a couple of weeks do you fancy a road trip to Sydney? School holiday time? You could visit our friends down the coast..."
"Why what will you be doing???"
"oh nothing much..."

Me to the wife this morning.

I'd much rather play the Pies at the 'G but Essendon have lain down like the softcocks they are

"Hey in a couple of weeks do you fancy a road trip to Sydney? School holiday time? You could visit our friends down the coast..."
"oh nothing much..."

I'd much rather play the Pies at the 'G but Essendon have lain down like the softcocks they are
I told my wife about the prospect of us playing in Sydney if we make finals. I fully expected a 'Nope, no way in hell' response, but she was actually up for the idea of going! Was shocked to say the least. Don't think she'll actually want to go to or watch the game, but I don't care 😂

So tell me this, apparently we won the flag in 2016, because of the umpires and cheating, we were not the best team, we cheated with flick handballs, but yet no team wants to play us in the finals. Go figure!

At the rate we're going, we are on track to finish 7th and have a rematch against GWS. Assuming we win, we then face either West Coast at Optus, or Brisbane at the Gabba. This is going to be an incredibly difficult finals run
Now we know why they were having a hissy fit about Bont, they wanted him out because there was a good chance they were going to play us in the first final.

If we can somehow avoid West Coast in Perth through the finals, then we have a solid chance to go very deep. I think that's the only fixture we won't win, no matter how good we are.

If we can somehow avoid West Coast in Perth through the finals, then we have a solid chance to go very deep. I think that's the only fixture we won't win, no matter how good we are.
Agree, our backline is our vulnerability. No one to play on Darling and Kennedy and west coast are a far better team now than they were back then. They are the only team I think we cannot beat.

"oh nothing much..."

I might have a fishing trip coming up. To bad I do not fish might need a better story any ideas?

I’m more than happy to admit I had no great hopes for us this year and that was based purely on no coaching changes

After the Suns debacle I thought Bev was in serious trouble and possibly out of ideas and a massive restructure off season would be not only necessary but imperative.

The turnaround has been brilliant and I’m more excited with the way we are playing then the actual results.

To make finals from that low point will be quite an achievement and let’s hope we can do that but I still have a small fear we may sh!t the bed as we have already a couple times this year.

Last edited:
I’m more than happy to admit I had no great hoes for us this year and that was based purely on no coaching changes

After the Suns debacle I thought Bev was in serious trouble and possibly out of ideas and a massive restructure off season would be not only necessary but imperative.

The turnaround has been brilliant and I’m more excited with the way we are playing then the actual results.

To make finals from that low point will be quite an achievement and let’s hope we can do that but I still have a small fear we may sh!t the bed as we have already a couple times this year.
I think you've got plenty of company there, MD. Although I doubt Bevo's position was ever at risk.

Back in March most of us were just hoping we could put a season together that would give us hope for a serious crack in 2020.
Win, lose or draw tomorrow we've at least achieved that.

I think you've got plenty of company there, MD. Although I doubt Bevo's position was ever at risk.

Back in March most of us were just hoping we could put a season together that would give us hope for a serious crack in 2020.
Win, lose or draw tomorrow we've at least achieved that.

Didn’t think his position was a risk this year but if that form continued and into next then I think he would have had to be in trouble.

Great that it didn’t happen and they have turned things around but I’d still like a couple new voices in the panel for next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many goals do Adelaide and port need to gain on us to overtake our percentage

44 points.

So a 22 point loss to Crows would see their % go above ours.

If we lost to the Crows by 10 points, Port would need to win by 34 points to go ahead of us.

I hoped for a Hawks win tonight. As noted above, it potentially (If Rich beat Brisbane) means no WA semi. After the GWS game (Assuming we beat the Crows, obv) every other final is in Melbourne!

If Brisbane beat Rich, we play the Lions at the Gabba in a prelim if we get that far. C'mon Tigers and Hawks!💪

Last edited:
Not entirely correct. If Hawthorn win by 20 points over the Eagles. Adelaide need to beat us by 80 points so they jump Hawthorns percentage, and hope Port lose to Freo
I’m aware, although the HS said they need to win by 68 points more than the Hawks to overtake them.

At this stage it’s looking like 100 points give or take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back