Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I'd love to go to the G live, sink beers and play the Pies, they've had our measure this year twice.

Giants at Spotless is the desirable outcome IMO.
i suppose.

It would be amusing for us too boo them off the ground on their home deck like the PF

I posted in this thread thurs night predicting we’d make the prelim this year. I pussied out thinking i’d jinx us so deleted it 5 minuted later.
Can’t ignore our form now. I’m calling it again. Keep your sep 21st and free 22nd. We’ll be playing off for a GF spot. Yeewwww

Can you guys please finish 8th and knock over Richmond in week 1 (in the event they lose to the Lions next week)?

That would be great. But unlikely now, given your percentage. You probably get into 7th and face GWS again, after smashing them today. Win that and I imagine you'd travel to face Brisbane or WC.

Can you guys please finish 8th and knock over Richmond in week 1 (in the event they lose to the Lions next week)?

That would be great. But unlikely now, given your percentage. You probably get into 7th and face GWS again, after smashing them today. Win that and I imagine you'd travel to face Brisbane or WC.
I’d prefer to swerve the Tigers at all costs.

I think I would rather finish 8th than 7th.

The way it's looking, if we finish 8th, it's likely we will play the Pies. While that may be tougher than playing an out of sorts GWS on our home away from home (Spotless), I reckon we can beat them.

The SF will then be a lot less daunting. We'd likely play Geelong at the MCG instead of Brisbane or WCE in Perth.

A perfect finals draw would be:

W1 - GWS
W2 - Geelong
W3 - Collingwood
W4 - Brisbane

That would give us the best chance, IMO. Very hard for that to play out, though.

Someone break it down for me - what results need to happen for that finals run to play out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I would rather finish 8th than 7th.

The way it's looking, if we finish 8th, it's likely we will play the Pies. While that may be tougher than playing an out of sorts GWS on our home away from home (Spotless), I reckon we can beat them.

The SF will then be a lot less daunting. We'd likely play Geelong at the MCG instead of Brisbane or WCE in Perth.

A perfect finals draw would be:

W1 - GWS
W2 - Geelong
W3 - Collingwood
W4 - Brisbane

That would give us the best chance, IMO. Very hard for that to play out, though.

Someone break it down for me - what results need to happen for that finals run to play out?
I don't remember anyone in red, white and blue being daunted by our finals opponents during 2016. Stop worrying about stuff we can't control and just enjoy watching our players who have (finally) gotten their mojo back.

Haven't locked in a finals spot yet so won't be speculating about any particular match up until that happens.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our finals just started, our first elimination final is in Ballarat on Sunday.

If we can’t beat this Adelaide team then we don’t deserve to play finals anyway. Multiple teams have done us a favour the past few weeks and we’ve capitalised, but we need to grasp this opportunity and get a final or two into some of these young players.

Hawthorn could beat WC (which we’ll know anyway by the time we play). But even if they don’t Port play after us and could absolutely beat a Freo team with the cue in the rack by 10+ goals. It’s win or bust and that’s how it should be.

I absolutely think we’ll beat the crows, but will be nervous all week. Crows are $3.50 right now, my guess is that edges out to about $4 once the media get finished devouring them for that abject performance against the pies. Think I’ll chuck $50 on just in case, then I’ll be able to buy a few bottles of decent bourbon to drown my sorrows in case it goes poorly.....

I would like this thread to be closed next Sunday because it is out of date and the bulldogs are playing finals. What will Damian Barrett do when he will not be able to have go at Bevo for missing the finals 3 years in a row.

What will Damian Barrett do when he will not be able to have go at Bevo for missing the finals 3 years in a row.
He'll be having a go at Rhys Shaw, he has already revealed his intentions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back