Our Destiny

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great work 100V

Love it.

Destiny is in our hands.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
BigFooty definitely needs an unlike button for posts like above :thumbsdown:

Geez mate, time to give the footy a break for a while, IMO you need it.
You clearly haven't been scarred 13 or so times. The wounds accumulate. Don't judge those of us who are gun-shy. It's quite a natural reaction to years of battle fatigue.;)

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
You clearly haven't been scarred 13 or so times. The wounds accumulate. Don't judge those of us who are gun-shy. It's quite a natural reaction to years of battle fatigue.;)
Not enough like buttons.
The youth don’t understand.
I’d love to say they never will, but 2018 may be the beginning of the journey to enlightenment for them.
I hope not.
I really hope not.

Beating Richmond in the prelim proved that this team's destiny is in their own hands. Not bound by our and many others expectations of a resounding defeat.

We may have not been the best team in the end on that Grand Final day, but it reaffirmed that this team we have right now is not bound by even our more pessimistic expectations.

Next year this team could go a mile. Next year this team could go 1000 miles. Once again the Collingwood Football Club has the power to change it's destiny.

You don’t agree with my 50 years of non destiny?
Pretty sure I can supply some devastating facts.....
Look forward, not back.

I've been around long enough myself, some people just seem to love to wallow in the negatives.

As I suggested to you, maybe it's better for you to switch off for a while and go and get some fresh air.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look forward, not back.

I've been around long enough myself, some people just seem to love to wallow in the negatives.

As I suggested to you, maybe it's better for you to switch off for a while and go and get some fresh air.
Agree.

Always forwards never backwards.

(That worked for Luis Galan, well it did until they assassinated him.)

Pies Beast35

Draftee
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
You don’t agree with my 50 years of non destiny?
Pretty sure I can supply some devastating facts.....
Have too agree. Having played in 44 gf's and won 15, is a very damning stat. If we were hawthorn gf day we go on and win it. I love the pies as much as the next bloke, but it is what it is.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have too agree. Having played in 44 gf's and won 15, is a very damning stat. If we were hawthorn gf day we go on and win it. I love the pies as much as the next bloke, but it is what it is.
Lol just check stats on how many have made 44 gf's before you done the sackcloth and ashes PB.

Glass half empty mate.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Those that always look back, and adopt woe is to me, who believe it’s going to end poorly display character of being comfortable in losing. They are often on the journey of losing.
Those that look forward with optimism, learn from the previous, seek victory are at least giving themselves the best chance of being a winner.

(Ofcourse life throws its cruelty but always forward never backwards)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol just check stats on how many have made 44 gf's before you done the sackcloth and ashes PB.

Glass half empty mate.
It’s the old question,
Is it better to make the grand final and compete and possibly lose;
Or not make it all and certainly lose?

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Those that always look back, and adopt woe is to me, who believe it’s going to end poorly display character of being comfortable in losing. They are often on the journey of losing.
Those that look forward with optimism, learn from the previous, seek victory are at least giving themselves the best chance of being a winner.

(Of Course life throws its cruelty but always forward never backwards)
People tend to forget about the journey, this year was a hell of a ride, we fell short but there is another journey coming.......I hope everyone tries to enjoy the ride.

There is some joy in looking back at what we produced last year.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
People tend to forget about the journey, this year was a hell of a ride, we fell short but there is another journey coming.......I hope everyone tries to enjoy the ride.

Looking back with joy,
Looking back with learnings.... all good.

Wallowing in despair not so good.

Ofcourse each to their own.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
We were decimated by injury.
Played with a make shift backline for much of the year.
Despite this the team made it to the GF and came within a whisker of winning it.
Was an incredible performance. Lots to be happy about.

2011 on the other hand...
Now that was heartbreaking.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s the old question,
Is it better to make the grand final and compete and possibly lose;
Or not make it all and certainly lose?
Yep some can't get past the loss - I believe in some it's embarrassment - which really has no place in any supporters makeup.

For me it's a case of it's better to be on the dance floor than be a wallflower sitting in the cheap seats watching the dancers.

We have been desperately unlucky on quite a few occasions.

Back