Autopsy Our home losing streak and our current sorry state of affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
  • 7 losses in a row with more to come given our draw
  • Game plan is non existent
  • Injuries and Covid
  • Season over after Round 3

Clearly should have started rebuilding in the previous draft but no. Whose choice was it ? was it Simmo's or Nisbetts? or our list manager? Hurn and Kennedy
as legendary as they have been for us are clearly cooked and now are just keeping games away from youngsters.

Gaff should have been traded, his value will diminish further whilst last year it would have been high enough to attract a couple of first round picks.

Darling is shot, people forget he was woefully out of form at the end of last season he kicked like 15 goals in his last 13 games or something and yes has missed a lot of footy but continues to look no where near it.

No second Ruckman standing up, that's a huge gap that needs filling ASAP.

Rotham has gone backwards, a player who I thought his star would rise.

Who the hell has been advising Harry Edwards? he still looks underdeveloped for a Key backman, he should have more muscle by now.

So frustrating that the season is so young yet it's going to be nothing but misery for the entire year.

Wow up to Round 11 I can't see us winning one. Next chance could be Adelaide away but that won't be easy.
So what you're saying is, we can beat Freo's losing streak in 2016, thus cementing us as the best team in WA pretty much forever?

Best winning streak, best losing streak, most flags/derby wins, etc.

Absolute win.

Lol at anyone giving a * to melt at this. A squad with 17.5 healthy players isn’t 3-0 to start the season, imagine my shock.

You all thought we’d suck long before the injuries hit, and we all thought we’d really suck then. Then the Covid hit.

Covid and injuries might cost us a couple of wins we’d have snuck home with otherwise, like Gold Coast and North. Bring on a good pick.

Have a melt lads, always good times, but imagine being actually worked up that half a football team isn’t playing champagne footy.

Positives:
Darling had better timing. Bodes nicely that he could build back into it.

Tag worked well at silencing Brayshaw, until we went away from it at half time due to being six goals down. That’s an option once the midfield is Shuey, Kelly, Yeo not West, Naish, Edwards and there’s actually a chance the others mid could make it count.

Gov and Hurn did enough to make me feel like they’ll be ok, Gov in particular. Two nice weeks in a row from him.

Happy that Pearce is ok, * I thought he was done again when he went down with that look on his face. Always seemed a nice guy and has had a shocking run at it.

I’ve liked 80% of Foley’s game each week this season, so if he can cut out the hilarious 20% turnovers he might be a good option.

Three top 20 picks, cheers Port.

Negatives:
Got thumped
Listened to Pav butcher the English language as badly as we butcher handballing to a teammate.
Going to have to put up with a bunch of people who said for months how s**t we’d be at full strength complain that we’re s**t at half strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at anyone giving a fu** to melt at this. A squad with 17.5 healthy players isn’t 3-0 to start the season, imagine my shock.

You all thought we’d suck long before the injuries hit, and we all thought we’d really suck then. Then the Covid hit.

Covid and injuries might cost us a couple of wins we’d have snuck home with otherwise, like Gold Coast and North. Bring on a good pick.

Have a melt lads, always good times, but imagine being actually worked up that half a football team isn’t playing champagne footy.
I think the feeling is that even accounting for Covid/injuries the team we had out there should be better than what they put out tonight. The bar was set low and they walked under it with ease.

Good year to have this season. It’ll be a write off by halfway through and we’ll walk out with a decent pick

Pressure started well but we just ran out of legs and were sloppy. Can’t keep carrying slow players in the back half. Foley, Witherden and Rotham got torched on the counter every time.

Would just love to see us have some decent continuity with player availability for once. The last 2 years have been rough in terms of never having our best players on the park at the same time for long enough. This is far from the best we can produce.

We lack fitness from the infinite changes and lack of preseason, we lack chemistry and can never get decent structures in place when we’re losing elite players every other week.

We’re relying solely on individual talent at the moment and it’s just not enough

I think the feeling is that even accounting for Covid/injuries the team we had out there should be better than what they put out tonight. The bar was set low and they walked under it with ease.
Yeah. Around half today’s side was B22 in our premiership season, a few more like Petch and Nelson played in wins during that year. It wasn’t that weak a side. Freo were missing 5-6 B22 players too.

We looked pretty good early, albeit sloppy. We just ran out of legs quite quickly and lacked cohesion. All can be attributed to covid and injuries

Yep poor skills which resulted in multiple turnovers which does not support the possession game plan we have. The only time we played well was when we just bashed the ball forward in the ruck and gain territory, keep it simple stupid

Lol at anyone giving a fu** to melt at this. A squad with 17.5 healthy players isn’t 3-0 to start the season, imagine my shock.

It's not about the winning.

It's about how piss weak the loss was.

We reverted to the same trash we've dished up for the last three years with predictable results.

The first two games we fielded weaker teams and were in both games with a chance to win them due to the players putting in, being daring and attacking the corridor.

Either Simpson is too pig headed to change his message, or the players simply aren't listening.

Either way, we've plenty to be pissed about. Talent comes and goes but effort should be a non negotiable.

Yeah that’s fair. Compare the response to this loss, against a better team but a much bigger loss, than last week. North would in a normal season be the worst team by far, and the WAFL All Stars nearly beat them. Everyone was in a good mood and accepted that hey, they dug in and played a brand of footy that was worth our time. So I get that it’s about the style as much as the outcome. That was hardly a spirited performance.

I just don’t see the point in people seething that a team with half the people coming back from running on a treadmill in isolation weren’t performing with the intensity and precision of a well oiled machine.

Better teams are going to make us look a lot stupider than that, and other weeks we won’t have Connor West as our most dangerous midfield option and we’ll look better.

It’s a ****ed season for us, people thought it would be long before it turned hilariously and historically ****ed. If people are actually going to get worked up about this version of the Eagles then just log off until draft time.

That was a shocker. Ah well. Bring on another week of hilarity.

Got to take the highs with the lows .

2018 was one of our most epic flags and if this is the price we pay so be it .

Need a list clean out and this year will separate the wheat from the chaff .

We will find some players and find out who is not up to it .

Well done freo they are on the way up and should be putting in these types of performances .

Glad Pearce is alright that guy needs some luck .

Hopefully gaff chases a flag at the end of the year and we get an alright pick and some salary room

Remove this Banner Ad

Back