Club Legend
Suspended
Oct 18, 2010
Abbotsford
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University Blues. The Panthers.....
I can't remember a worse rule implemented than this.

Mass confusion & a blight on the game.

Terrible rule! did they even trial it?

Thankfully its only around for the first round

Don't know why the AFL feels they MUST trial new rules each year. This is embarrassing.

Don't know why the AFL feels they MUST trial new rules each year. This is embarrassing.

exactly, whats wrong with using the nab cup to experiment with kids under the standard format, the clubs and the afl would be better for it

It was trialled in the lightning premiership in 1996.

Was a shit rule then and dumped immediately. Not sure what the clowns that brought it in this year thought would be different.

Maybe they though it would be the only way for some GWS players could get a kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the rule again? I've forgotten about footy stuff what with all that important Saints stuff happening over the last couple months.

Well then, let me catch you up.

Your captain is overweight
x610.jpg

and your coach is under pressure
bVXzt.jpg

awful rule, not sure what they were thinking given a number of oobs are tackles where the ball is held into the carrier. Rotten.:thumbsdown:

Ain't it a shocker. Completely goes against the way players are taught to play the game, and it doesn't even speed the game up in the process! It just confuses things.

The only slight positive is that it makes one on ones in the forward line a little more exciting, similar to the rush behind rule, but it's a joke and it's painfully obvious the AFL didn't trial it properly.

THAT nab cup rule...

Easily the WORST dreamt up rule EVER.
The pure cluelessness of not only the players, but the umpires as well, as to what the new 'last touched out of bounds' rule is an absolute farce.

Will be gone by round 2 of the NAB cup. Lock it in.

Who ever had that gem of an idea should be shown the door immediately!

EDIT: Even the commentators mentioned that the umpires at the first break were complaining about how bad it is...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back