Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. He’s neither a soldier or other. That’s the problem

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
id think hes work rate is pretty good, he tackles, chases, etc, im not sure he attends junior training, i think hes vlog would improve if he did that, or relocated to to wang for the rest of the year to cut travel, run junior training sessions, why does he need to live in melbourne? he relies on web content. Move to wang and i think hes performances improve, and he gets more buy in from hes team mates. I think the wide open spaces of the O&M would help him as opposed to small metro grounds

Id say theres questions on hes commitment to the club, in relation to hes more worried about the prime train than rovers, to me he is a handy player, a goal a game, type with 10-15 touches a game, the problems are hes 6 points. I think Geoff hit the nail on the head, does he care how he plays as opposed to the team performance.

i think there will be an ultimatum given and he'll put in a clearance in the next week, but he needs to find a club with 7 points to spare

id think hes work rate is pretty good, he tackles, chases, etc, im not sure he attends junior training, i think hes vlog would improve if he did that, or relocated to to wang for the rest of the year to cut travel, run junior training sessions, why does he need to live in melbourne? he relies on web content. Move to wang and i think hes performances improve, and he gets more buy in from hes team mates. I think the wide open spaces of the O&M would help him as opposed to small metro grounds

Id say theres questions on hes commitment to the club, in relation to hes more worried about the prime train than rovers, to me he is a handy player, a goal a game, type with 10-15 touches a game, the problems are hes 6 points. I think Geoff hit the nail on the head, does he care how he plays as opposed to the team performance.

i think there will be an ultimatum given and he'll put in a clearance in the next week, but he needs to find a club with 7 points to spare

Good points. Which begs the question on two counts. 1. Output for a 6pt player 2. Attitude. If this is starting to impact other senior players at the club, they need to move him. Personally, I don’t think he’s a good role model at all. What’s he teaching kids? To boast and demand attention? I’d think blokes like Dylan Stone and Will Nolan are better role models for local kids at that club. It’s about being humble and working hard, in all facets of life. This social media stuff is poisonous, it’s fake, and lacks authenticity.

Last edited:

Have said on here previously, the big travelling contingent is a worry for rovers. Its only going to get harder as it gets colder, its a lonely place when its pouring rain and freezing cold with 20 people on the track

Does anyone else play in this comp?
yep think there is 8 others currently, they don't try to win flags by over paying a "TikTok Star" to have 8 touches a week.

yes he had 25ish against Yarra, watch his vlog and he played loose forward and half the time kicked it to Masters.

At the Rovers vs Yarra game i was watching on the scoreboard wing, nice and close to Platey. The 2nd quarter was hot contested footy and the Plate Train either ran into ridiculous positions or his team mates just out and out burnt him (showing what appeared to be a lack of trust in the bloke). He proceeded to scream and swear at his own team mates, he didn't touch the footy for this quarter that I am aware of. He racked up some cheap touches and kicked a couple snags in the last quarter, when it appeared most of the Yarra blokes were mentaly ordering their first pot at the Bundalong Tavern. Not really what you want from a 6 point $1000+ player! Have to sell a shiteload of killer pythons to cover the lads wage.

Good points. Which begs the question on two counts. 1. Output for a 6pt player 2. Attitude. If this is starting to impact other senior players at the club, they need to move him. Personally, I don’t think he’s a good role model at all. What’s he teaching kids? To boast and demand attention? I’d think blokes like Dylan Stone and Will Nolan are better role models for local kids at that club. It’s about being humble and working hard, in all facets of life. This social media stuff is poisonous, it’s fake, and lacks authenticity.
“I’d think blokes like Dylan Stone and Will Nolan are better role models for local kids at that club”

They’re great.

Will Nolan is the Bruce Doull of that club. Hard at it, team first, very skilful and a great attacking player, never gives up! He’s fantastic to watch.

I'll bite, Roota.

What are people's thoughts on how Myrtleford's season is tracking and where they will finish?
whoever loses in raiders myrt next encounter will probably finish bottom, don't see them beating any other teams except rovers obviously like to play to the standard of their opposition.

yep think there is 8 others currently, they don't try to win flags by over paying a "TikTok Star" to have 8 touches a week.

yes he had 25ish against Yarra, watch his vlog and he played loose forward and half the time kicked it to Masters.
Haven’t seen a vlog from the weekend yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what I’m saying. I can tell you first hand. Those in the inner circle are growing tired of it. The circus is derailing their chances. Maybe in QLD when footy is third rate it’ll stand, not here

QAFL not third rate Peta.Aspley and Redlands would seriously contend in the O and M.There’s one club down there that didn’t show this year and 50 year olds running around in the twos at more than one club.Be careful when bagging standards or competitions,the O and M certainly not what it once was.

Football is serious business down this way, we’re in the heartland, Crezza didn’t set up a launching pad to piss on. I’d be fine with it all if games weren’t dropped to lowly opponents. There aren’t any beaches to show off the locks and frolic in down here, its frost on the turf and miserable weather to battle through. Winning is what it’s all about, the critics only scatter when four points are being banked and you’re getting a sniff of the leather. Thomas is lovely young man, but needs to stay focused, needs to keep his facebooking business and the club seperate.
You still looking for a coaching job up this way Crezza?😂

QAFL not third rate Peta.Aspley and Redlands would seriously contend in the O and M.There’s one club down there that didn’t show this year and 50 year olds running around in the twos at more than one club.Be careful when bagging standards or competitions,the O and M certainly not what it once was.

I’d say Local footy in Victoria is a different beast compared to up in QLD.

I’m not talking about the standard of play, it’s all the other stuff,… the expectations, the criticism, the passion, the abuse, the backslapping the media coverage, the scumbags, the diehards, the occasions,

Not saying there’s none of that in QLD, but down here it’s another level.

Exactly. Masters just let him go knowing he’s as dumb as dog poop. Not sure he’s any the wiser

“I’d think blokes like Dylan Stone and Will Nolan are better role models for local kids at that club”

They’re great.

Will Nolan is the Bruce Doull of that club. Hard at it, team first, very skilful and a great attacking player, never gives up! He’s fantastic to watch.

Absolutely

Prime Train discussion 2023.

It's like a f*cking pandemic in here.

Everyone get their jabs or hoodies & move on.

Albury will win it with 1 leg in the air when the weather fines up.

1. League
2. Union
3. AFL

I agree that the O&M is not what it once was, but that could be said for most leagues around the country, especially the four local competitions surrounding Albury Wodonga. The world has changed and so too has the footballing landscape, that’s not to say the O&M isn’t still at a very high level. I’m predicting 4,500 at the next Wang derby, at least, and all jokes aside, I’d say security will almost be required, just in case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back