Multiplat Overwatch (BattleTags now in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

5v5 was an excellent change. The game flows much better now. I've seen a fair bit of variation in team composition in what i've played, so people seem pretty happy to use whatever. There are some obvious OP heroes, but that's always going to be the case. Haven't tried competitive yet but i'll probably get around to it sometime soon. The new ranking system seems a bit odd.

The battlepass is a joke though. Souvenirs and keychains are pretty lame "rewards", and having access to only a small pool of heroes skins in there is pathetic. The prices for other skins is possibly the most ridiculous part of the whole thing. It's a first person game. Charging as much for a skin as something like fortnite, where you get multiple items, and you can actually see the skin, is a bit much I think. Hopefully people don't get sucked into buying them, and it forces them to make a change. As someone who was more than happy to buy some loot boxes every now and then in Overwatch 1 because I was happy with how the players were being treated, with every bit of content being free, I definitely wont be spending a cent on the battlepass or any other skins. Putting everything behind a paywall is gross.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, and Overwatch would be in my top 3 games of all time. But I very much dislike the changes they've made around accessibility.

Moira is very much high risk / high reward. Fun to play as, but you either dominate or get destroyed.

Also, the 'any role' option seems a bit pointless. Queue for 20 games as 'any role', play 20 games as support. Figures.

I only ever sunk about 5-6 hours into OW 1 so I'm pretty new to the series.

Really enjoying OW 2 so far. Some heroes are absolutely useless and some I'm getting the hang of. I really like Soldier 76, Moira, the Shotgun girl and a couple others. The healer with the orbs is pretty cool too.

I suck as a heavy, so I'm sticking to healers and assault types for now.

It really depends on your team but some games I can absolutely rip it up and others I can barely get a kill.

Moira is very much high risk / high reward. Fun to play as, but you either dominate or get destroyed.

Also, the 'any role' option seems a bit pointless. Queue for 20 games as 'any role', play 20 games as support. Figures.

Why does barely anybody want to play as support? I mean I understand it but it's frustrating.

I love playing support. I don't however love playing support every game. Unless I want to wait 8+ mins for a game though I am nearly forced to. Hopefully the incentivise others to play the role somehow. If only loot boxes were still a thing. :rolleyes:

I love playing support. I don't however love playing support every game. Unless I want to wait 8+ mins for a game though I am nearly forced to. Hopefully the incentivise others to play the role somehow. If only loot boxes were still a thing. :rolleyes:
I queue as tank + dps every game and the longest i'm waiting is about 4 minutes. Playing support in unranked is the most unenjoyable thing in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully I love playing support too, but geez a bit of variety would be nice.

Also the fact that you can't get more than 50 gold coins/week is ******* stupid.
Blame the people who cried about purely cosmetic loot boxes. Now they nickle and dime us in an even worse way.

See it constantly in kill cams, game ending sequences etc. Way more use than player icons and voice lines.

My issue with it is the fact that in previous events in OW1, you'd get multiple skins from one event. Now I'll have to complete weeklys for over a year just to be able to afford one.

I'm really enjoying this. Can see why OW 1 players are frustrated but as a free to play I'm not complaining at all.

Plus I reckon it gets fixed and they make changes to the battlepass model to allow players to unlock more things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back