Votes: 3 3.5%

Votes: 6 7.0%

Votes: 19 22.1%

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiple facial fractures and will require ongoing surgery. Won’t play footy again this year and is probably lucky to be on $300 per game. Hope someone is looking after the lad. As for Parker it’s 5-6 easily
That is really awful poor guy, I hope he can recover quickly.

If it was a no-name player would be an easy 6+.

Sydney and Luke Parker might see it treated leniently, hopefully the VFL don't care.

Yep, he ran in and deliberately hit the guy in the face with the back of his head. - kind of a reverse Liverpool Kiss.

I’m sure the other 12 posters who have agreed it was an accident are impressed with your comprehension,..a truly dazzling assessment.
Ran past the ball and elected to bump. That aint no accident.

Ran past the ball and elected to bump. That aint no accident.
Head clash is an accident and accepted by the tribunal as careless, not intentional.

If it was his forearm /shoulder it WOULD be 6 weeks - but the panty wetters who want to make a head clash intentional are dribbling at the mouth.

Head clash is an accident and accepted by the tribunal as careless, not intentional.

If it was his forearm /shoulder it WOULD be 6 weeks - but the panty wetters who want to make a head clash intentional are dribbling at the mouth.

Chooses to run past the ball, chooses to bump, chooses to even jump in to it a bit.

Pretty deliberate to me.

Multiple facial fractures and will require ongoing surgery. Won’t play footy again this year and is probably lucky to be on $300 per game. Hope someone is looking after the lad. As for Parker it’s 5-6 easily
He'll probably be off work for a while to recover too. Hope he's getting looked after.

Referred straight to vfl tribunal, graded as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact.
AFL website seems to think that grading means minimum of 4 weeks.

This thread is going around in circles a bit (unsurprisingly). I think Swans fans are saying the fact that he collected his head was unintentional - the bump itself obviously wasn't.

Regardless, it's irrelevant because he chose to bump and ended up nailing him in the head, so he's in trouble. Probably 4-6 weeks which is fair enough.

The only comparison I'd draw to the Wright incident was that they were very out-of-character for both players, and I don't think either were trying to bump the opponent in the head. Parker plays hard, but generally it's more on the tackling side of things, and he's prone to laying clumsy tackles. In both incidents, that's completely irrelevant though. Wright deserved his suspension and Parker will deserve his (presumably longer) suspension.

Hope that Frankston player is doing alright, and hope Parker reaches out to him (privately please, doing it publicly after incidents like this - like some players - is disgusting and shameless).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chooses to run past the ball, chooses to bump, chooses to even jump in to it a bit.

Pretty deliberate to me.

It’s a deliberate attempt to bump, but not a deliberate strike to the head - The tribunal will rule on the second element,which was careless, not intentional.

Referred straight to vfl tribunal, graded as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact.
AFL website seems to think that grading means minimum of 4 weeks.
I agree, NOT a deliberate strike.

Pointless bump - obviously the head clash part is accidental, but only happened because of a pretty reckless and unneeded off the ball hit. Reckon it’ll get 5.
Without the head clash - it was a legal shepherd.

This thread is going around in circles a bit (unsurprisingly). I think Swans fans are saying the fact that he collected his head was unintentional - the bump itself obviously wasn't.

Regardless, it's irrelevant because he chose to bump and ended up nailing him in the head, so he's in trouble. Probably 4-6 weeks which is fair enough.

The only comparison I'd draw to the Wright incident was that they were very out-of-character for both players, and I don't think either were trying to bump the opponent in the head. Parker plays hard, but generally it's more on the tackling side of things, and he's prone to laying clumsy tackles. In both incidents, that's completely irrelevant though. Wright deserved his suspension and Parker will deserve his (presumably longer) suspension.

Hope that Frankston player is doing alright, and hope Parker reaches out to him (privately please, doing it publicly after incidents like this - like some players - is disgusting and shameless).
Not really, Parker is a complete flog and 2MP seems like a decent guy.

Not really, Parker is a complete flog and 2MP seems like a decent guy.
Yes, we know that some Essendon fans are still upset about him calling Shiel soft a few years ago. Thread doesn't need to be an Essendon-Sydney mudslinging contest though.

Yes, we know that some Essendon fans are still upset about him calling Shiel soft a few years ago. Thread doesn't need to be an Essendon-Sydney mudslinging contest though.
You're probably right.

If the guy is out for multiple months Parker should be too. Honestly if a player injures a player with a dirty hit these days the suspension should be minimum the amount of time the injured player is unable to play for. If he can't play for 4 months then it's a 17/18 week suspension

US sports have had this. Also pay their medical fees and lost wages has been a thing. And given how much money is involved its why you dont see many cheap hits at all.

This guy isnt just losing his VFL wage, he is likely out of work for many weeks if not a month or 2 which would be a huge income loss.

Swans fans changing their tunes from Wright on Cunningham threads
Lol, came in to see if anyone had said this. It's been a great read.

Parker on the sidelines getting paid, while this guy is off work and not getting his VFL wage. Dog act, 6 weeks.

Back