Votes: 3 3.5%

Votes: 6 7.0%

Votes: 19 22.1%

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Except it was 10/15 metres off the ball, the Frankston player was out of the contest and never going to catch the Swans player..

That's why there was no need for Parker to make any contact, the injuries sustained should see him get a hefty suspension
ok, free kick for illegal shepherd - 3 weeks for the head clash

Swans fans changing their tunes from Wright on Cunningham threads
All I've read so far is swans saying 3 to 4 weeks. I saw countless Essendon fans saying Wright shouldn't have been suspended at all.

Also a bit different when it's just the B league and not much at stake. Wright did it when his coach instructed him to with the Essendon edge crap.

Not like we need Parker anyway as we're flying without him.

All I've read so far is swans saying 3 to 4 weeks. I saw countless Essendon fans saying Wright shouldn't have been suspended at all.

Also a bit different when it's just the B league and not much at stake. Wright did it when his coach instructed him to with the Essendon edge crap.

Not like we need Parker anyway as we're flying without him.
Yes and Wright still got 4 weeks, the swans player that was concussed missed 2 games.

The Frankston player is out for the remainder of the season, Parker should get 6-8 weeks at a minimum.

Yes and Wright still got 4 weeks, the swans player that was concussed missed 2 games.

The Frankston player is out for the remainder of the season, Parker should get 6-8 weeks at a minimum.
You’re the reason they have guidance on penalties - to avoid your brand of lunacy.

So what you are saying is that you still don't believe Wright should have been suspended? That's what it reads like.

Except it was 10/15 metres off the ball, the Frankston player was out of the contest and never going to catch the Swans player..

That's why there was no need for Parker to make any contact, the injuries sustained should see him get a hefty suspension
1716268631533.png
I would estimate it at about 4 meters between Parker and the ball. I realise you hate the Swans but lets just be realistic about the facts.

That would be ridiculous for what was intended to be a block off the ball.

Disregard all the dufuses that struggle to remain rational - AFL says 4, less good bloke discount - 3 wks.
More like +2 wks for dickhead penalty.

The AFL aren't involved. The VFL will ask for 5, with no discount as it was sent straight to the tribunal.
If the AFL’s guidelines don’t co-align with the VFL - then it’s a complete amateur hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I watch it, the more mad I get at the Frankston bloke for being totally oblivious to Parker pretty much standing there and giving him a slight bump.

I mean, he's looking straight at him FFS and still manages to get himself wiped out.

That is some crazy level victim blaming!

'Slight bump' that broke his face.

That is some crazy level victim blaming!

'Slight bump' that broke his face.
Hardly victim blaming.

When I read about it, I thought it was Jimmy Webster levels of foul play.

Watch the replay and Parker puts a regulation bump(doesn't even get him high, looks a clear head clash) on a bloke who seems oblivious he's even standing there.

Feel sorry for the bloke but surely you need to have some kind of awareness?

This is what I tend to agree with. He didn't come flying in from out of view, he didn't jump, it (looks like) shoulder to shoulder contact with a head clash. It wasn't malicious or a strike or intentional. He's not a repeat offender and has never "picked off" a player previously. More than 4 is not required.

View attachment 1995868
I would estimate it at about 4 meters between Parker and the ball. I realise you hate the Swans but lets just be realistic about the facts.
Yep I will put my hand up, I got the distance wrong but tell me what is he shepherding ??

The ball is in dispute, why isn't he trying to win the ball ??

Do you think the Frankston player was ever going to get close to the contest ?

Yep I will put my hand up, I got the distance wrong but tell me what is he shepherding ??

The ball is in dispute, why isn't he trying to win the ball ??

Do you think the Frankston player was ever going to get close to the contest ?
Yes, which is why 5 metres is set as the legal length for a shepherd. A player within in that distance can be reasonably expected to impact a contest or contest the ball.

Yep….and Wright is such a sensible fair little man.

You need to grow up fella - holding a grudge does nothing for how a person’s intelligence is perceived.
It's not a grudge, I'm simply judging Parker's ethics based on his observable behaviour. Anyway, I'll move on.

That would be ridiculous for what was intended to be a block off the ball.

Disregard all the dufuses that struggle to remain rational - AFL says 4, less good bloke discount - 3 wks.
AFL has zero influence over the various state leagues.
The VFL sent it straight to their tribunal so it’s already 4 weeks minimum.
They might give him 5 or 6 and knock a week off but it won’t be less than 4

Back